Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-21, 03:04 PM  
manleym

Yesterday was Heather's week 3 Day 1: Killer Leg Day Lower Body Strength Workout + At Home Toned Thighs Workout No Equipment (I really liked this one!) + Cat Meffan Lower Body Yoga Stretch 15 Minute Yoga Flow. My legs are feeling worked today, so it's either doing 3 sets of each exercise at a slow pace, or the optional add ons that are mostly toning (I don't do as many of those workouts), but it seems like I can always feel Heather's lower body workouts the day after. Not super DOMS, just a 'hey, that muscle was worked yesterday."
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 12:43 AM  
bex

Yesterday I did Tonique 2.1. Very proud of myself for doing the whole thing pretty much following Sylwia. I inserted a few extra pauses between sections and used 1lb hand weights instead of 2lb. But yeah, the whole thing, mostly at her pace.

As I did, it was a cardiovascular challenge for sure, but the muscle burn only really kicked in during the last 10 mins. When I do it again, I might try slowing my own cadence just a bit so I go deeper into each movement.

She finished with a cardio burst, and then the workout was over. I really needed a cool-down section so I went with Mike Donavanik's Cool Down & Stretch, but even that wasn't enough. I should have inserted something from Cathe. I can't go from a 140 HR to stretching in just a minute or two.

Finished with Heather Robinson's 12 Min Abs Stability Ball Workout, which I really like. Playing with the ball distracts me from how much my abs are burning.

Then some pressure point massage on my shoulder & my own stretches. It's feeling better, I might start introducing light UB workouts (ie not Caroline) and see how I feel.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 07:22 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
it seems like I can always feel Heather's lower body workouts the day after. Not super DOMS, just a 'hey, that muscle was worked yesterday."
I felt this way with most of Heather's workouts. They are deceptive sometimes but seemed to get the work done.
Old 04-14-21, 07:25 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 6 Full Body HIIT with weights. Lots of shoulder work here. I used mostly 10lbs, 8lbs for lat raises and 15lbs for clean/squat/press. Liked the two color graphics for a change.
Old 04-14-21, 08:30 AM  
ChelePA

Yesterday I added on a HIIT and Hills ride for my Two for Tuesday. My legs were quite sore and tired this morning so I wasn't sure if I was up for a Heather workout but the routine was exactly what I needed.

Week 3, Day 3: 5 Minute Warm Up // Before You Workout + Low Impact Full Body HIIT Workout (30:30 minutes) + Full Body Stretch // Recovery Day Workout (14 minutes)

I have said this before but her low impact is truly low impact. Easily modified for more intensity by adding light hand weights or lifting/jumping on moves. Some days I just want an intermediate routine that gets my heart rate up but easier on my joints. This one was perfect for that. Three circuits of 5 exercises, repeated once. The stretch moved quickly through some yoga like poses. I also added on a Peloton hip stretch.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:32 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Yesterday I did Tonique 2.1. Very proud of myself for doing the whole thing pretty much following Sylwia. I inserted a few extra pauses between sections and used 1lb hand weights instead of 2lb. But yeah, the whole thing, mostly at her pace.

As I did, it was a cardiovascular challenge for sure, but the muscle burn only really kicked in during the last 10 mins. When I do it again, I might try slowing my own cadence just a bit so I go deeper into each movement.

She finished with a cardio burst, and then the workout was over. I really needed a cool-down section so I went with Mike Donavanik's Cool Down & Stretch, but even that wasn't enough. I should have inserted something from Cathe. I can't go from a 140 HR to stretching in just a minute or two.

Finished with Heather Robinson's 12 Min Abs Stability Ball Workout, which I really like. Playing with the ball distracts me from how much my abs are burning.

Then some pressure point massage on my shoulder & my own stretches. It's feeling better, I might start introducing light UB workouts (ie not Caroline) and see how I feel.

Haven't used my stability ball in quite some time. This ab routine sounds perfect to mix things up. Glad you are taking it easy and feeling better. Yes Caroline is never light...haha. Keep us posted on your progress.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 11:04 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Haven't used my stability ball in quite some time. This ab routine sounds perfect to mix things up. Glad you are taking it easy and feeling better. Yes Caroline is never light...haha. Keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks! I haven’t used my stability ball in a while either, and when I used it yesterday I discovered it needs a bit more air. Don’t know if that made it easier or harder. Guess I’ll find out the next time after I top it up. :-)

Today I tried yoga for the first time since I strained my shoulder. I’d been worried about vinyasa’s but figured it’s been 2 full weeks and it is feeling a lot better.

Went to an old favourite, Ultimate Yogi Cross Train. Took it easy on the vinyasa’s, and skipped a few at the end, choosing to massage ball roll out my shoulder during that sequence instead. On the whole I think it helped, all part of my “use it, moderately, keep the blood moving and the range of motion” philosophy.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 01:50 PM  
manleym

Yesterday was Heather's week 3 Day 4: 40 Minute Kettlebell Workout Full Body Cardio & Strength. It was a GREAT workout! My favorite of the 3 in the rotation. It seemed harder than the other KB workouts in this rotation, but maybe it's just me. Anyway, it worked for me! Then I added on her Full Body Stretch Recovery Day Workout from day 3. It was a good stretch, and felt good after KB.
Old 04-15-21, 07:29 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 7 Shoulders and Triceps. How is it that 7% of the way in I had already checked where we were in the workout?! Really like how she mixes in BW exercises into these workouts. I'm starting to go a little heavier. Used primarily 10lbs but also 15, 8, and 6.5 (round the world). But did incline push ups when she did decline push ups.
Old 04-15-21, 02:57 PM  
manleym

Yesterday I did Heather's week 3 Day 2: Chest, Back & Shoulders Workout Strength Supersets + Low Impact Standing Abs Workout With Weights. Both were GREAT workouts and I can feel my arms today. I like that I feel my muscles being worked in new and different ways. Plus it's been nice doing different moves, or a familiar move with a slight variation.

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle