Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-21, 07:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda good to see you!

Carol thanks for joining us on Ellen Sunday!

Donna I really feel so much better squeezing in CS during the week. I need to keep remembering that!

Dana I think I will do Power Fusion on Sunday

Today started my push pull swing challenge and it was pretty easy to add in to my lower body kettlebell strength, get up practice and mobility today.

Hope you guys join us next Sunday with Ellen!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 06:21 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I stayed late at work to finish up payroll for the month, so when I got home I didn't have much time to select a workout. I went with a Faithful Workouts old live workout called Mix It Up and it had to be the most chaotic workout I've ever done. The concept was that each song was a different workout style - Pazaz, upper body strength, kickboxing, aerobics, standing abs, etc. The whole thing was about 35 minutes long.

I think it was filmed in front of Michelle's house back in the fairly early days of the pandemic. Large dogs - at least three of them - wandered in and out of the video. Michelle started out with three friends exercising, and after about the third song, one of them - Gretchen - left the video and never returned. One of the other gals struggled throughout the video and didn't do a very good job of hiding her tiredness - she looked like I would look if someone filmed me doing a video at home. Michelle would be in and out of the camera range - at one point she went in the house to get some equipment they needed for the video while the other gals continued to exercise. It was a mad house.

I don't think I would have posted that one if I had been her...Had I had the time, I would have abandoned ship and picked something else, but I didn't so I soldiered on.

Back later I hope for personals~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 07:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I finished up w/ Ellen's Moving Meditation. At lunch time I did Pahla B's Dumbbell Strength Workout from her 7 Day Playlist for April. This one was a good one - just strength - no cardio. 90 second intervals, no repeats.

Today, was back to Jessica....30 Day Walk Series - HIIT Walk. The WS 1.0 workout was Interval Mix and that one is not a favorite!

I'm getting my vaccine this afternoon - first Pfizer shot, supposedly. Tomorrow is scheduled to be 360 Abs, which may or may not happen depending on the vaccine side effects. Pahla has a cardio ab workout in her playlist for this month and I was thinking of substituting that one anyway b/c I like mixing things up. It may sounds silly, but I learned from this rotation that I don't like to repeat workouts very often, so I'm glad this Phase II version offers a choice for each day - but I still sometimes find myself wanting to do something else.

Carol - One thing I don't like about FW is how frantic some of them seem. I think that is why I have a hard time sticking w/ them. Michelle is doing a strength challenge starting next week - I'm going to see what it looks like - I have been in the mood for her workouts lately, but not necessarily the pace of them.

Waves everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

I totally forgot that I did s stretch w/ Jessica Valent today after my cardio...
Old 04-13-21, 07:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I'm still battling cold and a seasonal allergy. I again woke up feeling tired. I was trying hard to motivate myself to do at least a walking workout - and failed. I'm also getting my 2nd Pfizer vaccine at noon today. Ugh.

Donna, good luck to you and your daughter with the first vaccine today. I had absolutely no side effects from it. Barely a sore injection site that lasted only a few hours.

Carol, that FW workout sounds awful. Kudos to you for finishing it.

Linda, I'll join you on Sunday with Power Fusion. I think I've only done it once couple of years ago and Ellen is always a good choice.

Hi to Brenda, Christine and Cheri.
Old 04-13-21, 07:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Workout Hotel - Pilates Mat Sculpt - 20 minutes;
Senior Shape - Bedtime Stretch - 15 minutes

Both from YouTube. I've been tired lately so I've been taking it easy. Wondering if the GHUTV workouts tired me out... I'm thinking I might do a week or so of Ellen and/or Jenny's walks.

I hope everyone's shots went well today!

Donna - It's not that the pace was too fast, it was just so, well, chaotic. It wasn't even organized chaos.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 12:13 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I hope you feel better soon. Your description of that Michelle workout made me laugh. I would have quit! You also might be due for a week of deload type workouts. You've been working out really hard! I have to take one every now and then.

Dana YAYYY for Sunday! Hope you kick that crud soon!

Today was Element pilates for beginners prep and matwork with Brooke Siler. Not easy but I enjoyed the level of intensity. She gave some form pointers I hadn't heard before...I mean someone may have said them. I just don't remember.

Happy Wednesday!!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-14-21, 07:59 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished Leslie's 2 Miracle Miles - 30min. Just wanted to get moving this morning after fighting this cold for the past few days and doing nothing. I feel pretty good right now and plan to do some yoga later on.

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday at noon and other than the sore arm I feel good. I took 1 ibuprofen last night slept like a log. I have no aches or fever and my energy is actually better than it was the past few days with my cold. So far so good.

Donna, how are you and your DD doing after your 1st shot yesterday?

Carol, I can't wait to get back to Workout Hotel. I miss Karen's workouts. I'm trying to decide if I "need" Jenny Ford's 50 walks. I'm tempted but FIFTY walks? Mary's price with 10off is tempting me though.

Linda, looking forward to Ellen Sunday!

Hi to Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 04-14-21, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On the vaccine front - so far so good. My arm is a little sore - actually less so than when I get the flu vaccine. Hopefully the 2nd shot will be just as uneventful. DD is doing fine as well.

We walked our Golden last night and this morning I did CS 1128. I am planning to do something else later. I had my usual trouble sleeping last night so I couldn't muster up the energy for anything else right away.

Carol - do you think it could be allergies dragging you down?

Dana - glad to hear that you are doing well after the 2nd dose. I'm tempted by Jenny's walks. Is Mary definitely going to have them? If so, I will definitely buy from her.

Linda -that is a good Pilates routine!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-14-21, 08:59 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna and Dana Mary is definitely having them, you can use the code for 10off, and free shipping. I'm just wondering if I need the map for $20 difference from Jenny? It seems really cool and a great visual reminder. However, Mary's is seriously tempting because that's $1-ish per workout!

I was mentioning this to Cheri once and elsewhere but have you guys ever noticed that no matter how long you have done pilates that it doesn't get easier? Like you get better at different parts of the technique and which helps you start to focus on another part of your body as you do an exercise but the overall exercise somehow still stays challenging? You flow through the exercise better but it's still challenging?

Does that make sense...or maybe one of you can put it into words better than I did!!