Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-21, 11:49 AM  
YogaGal

Paine: Climbing up and down stairs on the hour would wear me out! And I’d probably have some good DOMS in my thighs the following day. Sending you some motivation to work on your muscle strength. I think I may need more cardio “strength” as I was really getting out of breath during some recent workouts. Happy 6th Birthday to your grandson!

Pam: Glad you enjoyed your weekend of camping, visiting family, and bike riding. DH and I are trying to enjoy the outdoors before our intense summer heat moves in.

Beth: Shoelace pose on the wall sounds nice. While I normally have no problems following poses with Kassandra and her level of flexibility, she surprised me recently when doing her 15-Minute Deep Stretch for Hips (from Dec 5, 2019) last Sunday. She directed us into shoelace/cow pose for our legs (seated), then had us do eagle arms and bend forward. She placed her forearms on the floor, elbows in front of her knees, whereas I could just barely touch my elbows to the tops of my knees. I felt like if I tried to go any further, I might pull a muscle in my back. LOVE Potatoes! And they even come in a Sweet variety!

Sandra: Good for you on working on adding on using heavier weight for your strength workouts! And for doing two 2.5 hour walks on two consecutive days!

Pat: I was thinking I’d be tempted to splurge for that cataract surgery, but your decision to go with the standard and avoid unwanted side effects sounds like the way to go. And Surprise! I did a RaviAna Kundalini this week! I really enjoyed it after doing hatha for so long. I need to put it in my mix more often. Glad your situation with Holden Qigong was resolved and they sent you new links to what you paid for.

cyana: Love hearing about your hair drying workouts. I wouldn’t get much benefit as my hair is fine and not too long (almost shoulder length now) and with the dry Arizona air, it only takes a few minutes to dry my mop. Plus I only shampoo every 4-5 days now after years in my younger days of almost daily washing to combat oiliness. Enjoy your fitness breaks and don't work too hard.

Garrie: Great to see you check in with us again. I am so glad you are still teaching and are enjoying Amy Bento's Slo-Mo Strength Challenge. Don’t worry; I have “new” dvds in my collection for over years. I also like working out with Kettlebells; I have a 10 and a 15. (When I need something in between those, I just use one 12# db.) I like KCM's Strength & Stamina; I like the 2-set premix to have a 30-minute workout. Do you have any updates on the apartment hunt yet?
Old 04-30-21, 01:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Beth - Enjoy your long weekend! I haven’t used a foam roller for LUTW, just a bolster. That YT LUTW practice sounds interesting, thanks for sharing. I like to do figure 4 at the wall.

Pat - Sounds like the jury is out on the multi-focal lens & the standard lens is the best choice. I will need cataract surgery at some point too. Thanks for sharing, it’s good to hear other’s experiences with it.

Paine - Happy birthday to your grandson. They grow up so fast!

Carolyn - Enjoy your outdoor pursuits before the heat sets in!

Waves to all, back later to post my last workouts for the month....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 01:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for the long weekend wishes! It's definitely nice to have had 3 Mondays off in a row (even though the first was a sick day for my post-vaccine recovery). After that I will work 3 full 5-day weeks in May, but then I will be off for 2 months--woo-hoo!

Pam, I like Figure 4 at the wall too - I don't know why it never occurred to me that shoelace is pretty close!

Paine, 6 years old - wow! Hearing about other people's kids/grandkids makes the time seem like it's flying by even more.

Carolyn, I love the idea of National Ride a Bike Day! It's been in the back of my mind that I need to get my bike tire fixed. I have to figure out the transportation issue though since I don't have a bike rack. Kassandra does have amazing flexibility! I'm not anywhere near her, but sometimes when I'm demo-ing things in class, I intentionally don't go as far as I could since I want people to pay attention to what their bodies can do, not what they can't.

Happy almost weekend! My work day is not quite done, but I'm going to spend the last hour listening to a webinar.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-21, 11:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Neighbourhood walk + 15 min rebounding
~Barre3: 30 min strength
~Legs Up the Wall Series (YT) + shoelace at the wall - I really enjoyed this one, thanks Beth! And shoelace at the wall was a nice bonus.

Waves to all & see you in May!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 08:35 AM  
Garrie A.

Oops
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 08:51 AM  
Garrie A.

Oops
CLX 6/19-9/19

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Old 05-01-21, 09:25 AM  
Garrie A.

New month thread here!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230948
CLX 6/19-9/19

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Tags
gall bladder