Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-01-20, 09:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - November 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Happy and healthy November!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 09:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Below is my last post from the October thread:

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today hopefully before the rain comes in. Not sure if I'll be adding on. We usually get a ton of kids for Halloween but we didn't participate this year. I did see a lot of kids around the neighborhood though. A lot of people put candy out on a table at the end of their driveways but then they sat outside to monitor the situation. We just didn't feel up to all that. Honestly, I don't think I would want my kids eating candy under those circumstances anyway. But I know how much the kids love Halloween. It's a tough year.

PENGUIN, nice job getting the workout done and congrats on the new page in your journal. Now I really think I'll look for KCM's SOTTC. I think it had a step used in it though. Don't feel like dragging that up from the basement. Hmmmm

I'M GOING TO START THE NEW THREAD FOR NOVEMBER NOW!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-02-20, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

47 minute outdoor walk

Of course the rain came earlier than predicted yesterday and I got caught in it.
That was it for my workout day. I am planning a walk today even though the wind is howling out there I was reading in one of the threads here that KCM said she got in her best shape ever doing a rotation of her new Boxfit & SuperSculpt dvds so I was thinking maybe of trying those out for a bit. Who knows?

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-02-20, 01:38 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday: 40 minute walk
Today: 1 hour walk. UB perfect 30. See SB? You inspired me!

I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed that workout. I disliked some of the exercises and thought that her reps were too fast for the amount of weight that you're heaving. But, I'm willing to give it another go. Maybe it was just my mood. That's very possible. It snowed here today for the first time, so that would figure into my sour disposition!

I know I don't have Boxfit, but it's possible I have the SuperSculpt one....although it doesn't really ring a bell.
Old 11-03-20, 08:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

So I tried my KCM experiment yesterday with a premix from Supersculpt. It moves quickly but it was going ok until she started a step routine. My step is in the basement and I thought I would be able to use my little topper that's upstairs but it wasn't working for the routine she was doing so I put in the dumbbell premix from her B&B Trim & Tone Interval dvd. Then in the afternoon I did a 46 minute walk. It was crazy windy out but I bundled up. I am planning a walk today and possibly more.
I had lunch plans with some friends today but they're an irresponsible bunch and I'm seeing my sister this week so I think I'll pass on the lunch until after I see my sister.

NORA, well done on the walks and weight workout. The new Cathes have been getting pretty good reviews on GD.
Maybe you'll enjoy it more the second time around. Snow would sour my mood too.
KCM's Boxfit and Supersculpt are the 2 new dvds she released this summer.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 11-04-20, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was :

Jessica Smith 360 Abs
50 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today and maybe some weight work. It's warming up nicely over the next several days so I hope to get out there and enjoy it.

Waves to all!
Old 11-04-20, 03:07 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a half hour walk and some stepping with Patrick G.
Today: 45 minute walk

Yes SB - the weather forecast looks great for the next few days. Luckily, that snow didn't stick around and I'm so happy to hear that actual warm days are in the forecast.

Hello to PP and Terri.
Old 11-04-20, 09:44 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I never use a step anymore. I just don't feel like risking falling off the thing. I expected a wild party from next door but I think it was more for the kids than the adults. We were invited but Hubby had to work and I'm not much of a party person on a good day.

Nora, is Perfect 30 one of the new Cathe's? Sorry to hear about the snow that would put me in a bad mood too.

You guys can thank me for the warm spell. I bought a new winter coat last week, so at this rate I'll never get to wear it. Its getting into the 70's these days.

Sunday Hubby cut the 6ft pieces of the old fence into manageable pieces, which he and I then carried or dragged to the curb. We had a little help from the guy down the street but not much. Frankly, I did most of the moving but Hubby was manning the chainsaw. Monday the city came to pick it all up, so that was really nice to not have it hanging around for weeks.

Monday, our Explorer broke down, but a friend came with his trailer to save us. We got home, went to the grocery store {really needed food and we wanted to stock up on the essentials}, then Hubby bought some parts and fixed it by Tuesday night. I love that he's so handy.

Tuesday night, while Hubby was working on the car, I decided to change out the rugs, the nice green oriental rug given to me by a friend and the cheaper beige rug from the office. The green rug is thick and well made but it has a pattern that creates lumps. This isn't that bad if I'm doing cardio barefoot but while I was trying to to barre, my new stepladder wouldn't even sit level and rocked! Its suppossed to support me not rock! so I swapped them. The office rug is older than the green rug and more plush but also stank of dog. So today i decided to clean it. I started with a homemade cleaner and a rag but ended up using a can of Resolve. So hours later it smells better but is still damp.

Today was UB and LIC. cleaning the rug put me about 2 hours behind so I did s shorter than usual workout. I did Mr&MrsMuscle's UB #68 followed by new-to-me Silver&Fit LIC 8-31-2020. The young instructor was sweet and funny, she filmed this easy cardio workout by her beautifully landscaped backyard pool in AZ. Worth it just for the outdoor set alone.

Knitting tomorrow, this is our second to last meeting for this year. :{

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 08:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today and maybe some pilates or weights. I am going to visit with my sister this afternoon so I'll see what I get done this morning.

NORA, let's enjoy those walks the rest of the week.

PENGUIN, thanks for buying a winter coat They're saying we may hit 70 too this week! That must feel good to have the fence done and picked up. I always say you're so lucky having such a handy hubby.

Waves to all. Have a good one.
Old 11-05-20, 07:03 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today was Barre and Dance. I started with a new to me; Lazy Dancer Tip's Mini Barre Workout. It seemed right down my alley but no, She showed us the steps at a breakneck speed then slowed them down with classical music, so far so good, then she got into the meat of the workout and I couldn't even tell what she was doing with her feet much less understand her. Next!

Workout Hotel's Lower Body Barre Blast. These are nice workouts but they are all alike. This one was filmed outdoors at least . I did this one until she started the floorwork. Next!

AfriFitness' LB Dance workout. This was good but a bit slow paced and repeated moves.

UTTB Fitness' Queen Power Walk. very fast and by this time my tailfeathers were dragging. Not a big Queen fan but she didn't have the music up loud enough for me to hear anyway.

So not a great workout lineup but at least I'm tired and sweaty.

SB, enjoy your visit with your sister! I hope the weather warms up like its supposed to! Ours says its supposed to be partly cloudy for the rest of our lives but that's still better than rain!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote