Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-20, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Angie Fitness TV - Over 40 Program Day 2 - Upper Body. This was a very straightforward upper body workout. 10 exercises done circuit style - repeat the circuit once. no cardio. She used the same warm-up and cool down as in the first video and, like the first video, the second round of the circuit was just the same footage as the first. Can't complain - the workout is free. And, it was low dread and I got my upper body training in. So far, so good.

I also did Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Challenge Days 1 and 2. I really do like Kassandra's yoga. She doesn't talk too much and feels relaxing.

Gypsy Rose - Thanks! I would love to have a job just reviewing exercise videos, LOL! Maybe when I retire I can start a blog or something..I rarely do MR's ab work - and I often skip the calf work. I don't like traditional ab work and I am not a fan of calf work either - my calves stay toned w/out me doing anything so why bother, LOL! They also probably get worked from other exercises I do.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad our schools went 100% virtual. I think doing the hybrid is not really going to cut down on virus transmission very much. Initially there was talk here of schools doing hybrid and splitting into A & B groups with kids going every other day - but the schools are so large and overcrowded w/ even half the kids going in it would be close to 1,000 kids - and then you add in teachers and admin staff...and then the buildings are older, sure the ventilation systems are not state of the art, etc. I hope your DS is ok - teaching middle school is challenging enough w/out this on top of it!

Waves, Pat!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 09:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was just a 45 minute walk. I had some errands and cleaning to catch up on and then no motivation after that. I am planning a walk and maybe some KCM today. It's supposed to be downright balmy today.

ROSE, those beach walks sound lovely even with the wind. I envy you and PAT walking on the beach. I'm glad you're enjoying the streaming even though it isn't all you wanted.

DONNA, nice job with your workouts. Yeah the hybrid makes no sense to me. So far DS is doing ok, no cases that they know of.
He said they did say they may be going over to all virtual soon which makes sense to me especially with flu season coming up.
Fingers crossed.

Hi PAT.

Have a great weekend everyone!
[/I][/I]
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-20, 11:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Yesterday was a mopey day but I made myself walk 1.5 miles before starting dinner, used my inversion table and stretched.

I have to run girls, promise to catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 07:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Angie Fitness TV - Over 40 Program - Day 3 - step cardio. This one has the same warm-up and cool down as the others (I suspect they all do!) and this one also is done circuit style where the second round of the circuit is the same footage as the first. It was all basic step moves done for one minute and then switch to another movement pattern - it wasn't a choreographed step class. But, this no frills thing is working for me right now. Tomorrow is Lower Body, assuming I don't lose momentum.

I am glad I overcame my fear of Angie and tried some of her workouts. She has quite a variety on her channel.

I also did:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Challenge Day 3 and Yoga Stretch.

I'm enjoying Kassandra, too!

Pat - I had a bit of an off-day yesterday, too. Not sure why... I think I just have a lot on my mind.....

Summer Breeze -nice walk!!

Waves, Gypsy Rose.

Donna
Old 10-11-20, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a strength workout with Jessica Smith from youtube, a core workout from PBL and a 50 minute walk. I am planning a walk today.

DONNA, glad you're enjoying your workouts.

Waves to PAT & ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-11-20, 10:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, happy Sunday!!! Yesterday was a lot of housework then I walked solo at the beach. The seasons are definitely changing. I also did my usual back stuff and used my inversion table.

Rose - my PT recommended I follow Bob & Brad on YouTube. They're great. It sounds like you're wrapping up your MR streaming. I agree, she spends a lot of time on shoulders, and I find that her preferred delt exercises feel weird sometimes.

Donna, you really make the most out of YT! I saw it was Kassandra's birthday recently. She's so cute.

Summer Breeze, nice workout!

DH is yelling for me to get off the laptop and outdoors.
Old 10-12-20, 07:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 53 minute walk and that was it. It's raining today so I'll have to find a good dvd to cover all the bases.

Waves to all! Have a great day!
Old 10-12-20, 08:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Happy Moan Day! I was very active yesterday:

~ Beach walk with DH (2.44, 65 mins)
~ GYM for cable machine PT, lower body, chest and back
~ 15 minutes treadmll
~ 60 box climbs

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 10-12-20, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it for a new week!

Today was:

Blessful Body (Ky Autumn) Fall into Balance Challenge Day # 1 - I have subscribed to her site on and off and I do enjoy her workouts - they are not very difficult but are definitely 'feel good' - she does a free challenge a few times a year and then opens up her membership - I will probably subscribe for a month or two after this challenge since I do enjoy her stuff. Her membership fee is $18/month which to me is a bit high - but a month or two here and there is ok.

Angie Fitness TV - Fit Over 40 Day 4 - Lower Body - this was all floorwork -thankfully! Yesterday DD and i volunteered at the horse rescue in the afternoon and I mucked stalls and handled big draft horses....so I was not up for a ton of squats and lunges this morning. So, I was glad to see floorwork on the agenda. This was set up as the others - circuit style, repeat footage, etc. Angie's cat made an appearance so that was nice to see.

Pat- I stumbled upon Brad & Bob and I like them - they have good tips!

Summer Breeze - we are getting the rain here - maybe if it clears up I'll be able to walk outside later.

Waves, Gypsy Rose.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 10-12-20, 07:10 PM  
Rose

Hello!

This weekend, I did a walk and worked out to some circuit exercises with lunges & squats from youtube. Very similar to Margaret but a little faster. I liked it!

PatThanks for the referrals to Bob & Brad. I'll check them out.

Donna How long do you work out each day? Do you split your workouts throughout the day?

Waves to Summer Breeze!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad