Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-20, 09:31 PM  
Leonana

I'm doing the strength workouts from the last week of SOS, that I missed last week. Today was Strictly Strength from the Get Strong dvd. I used my 5, 6 and 8 pounds.

I just realized why I can use one 10 pound weight overhead for overhead tricep moves, holding it with both hands. It's the same weight as two 5 pounds, when I do overhead moves with both arms. Duh!

Donna, good luck at the office. I wore a mask for a couple of hours while visiting my sister, and I don't know how people do it all day. My dd wears one for her 6 hour shifts at Starbucks.

wishiwasinhawaii, my maskne isn't too bad either, thankfully. I'm glad your nephew is still feeling okay. I like the Thompson Tee masks better than the disposable ones, they feel cooler to me.
Old 07-14-20, 07:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back at it today with Ellen:

Fat Burning Fusion

and

Yoga w/ Kassandra 30 Day Challenge Day 3

Yesterday I did a Mile w/ Leslie - one of the Walk 15's and then DD wanted to go for a walk in the evening - it was getting dark but we probably did 30 min.

Nice workouts, everyone!

We had a meeting at work yesterday and although no one seems very forthcoming w/ details, it sounds like those of us who can telework will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Schools are trying to figure out what to do - but I half hope they just stay closed and do on-line learning. The plan they are talking about - splitting the school into two groups and having them go to school on different days still means a lot of kids are crowded into one place every day. The HS my DD goes to has close to 2,000 kids, so if you split it in half you have 1,000 kids there, plus teachers. How are they going to handle things like changing classes - how can you socially distance that? I feel for the people w/ younger kids and who are not able to work from home. How will this work for them? I'm not overly eager to have my DD back in school b/c I'm worried about her getting it - every other month she'd come home w/ something from school....

wishiwasinhawaii - hope your nephew is still feeling well.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-20, 11:30 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is a rest day so I just walked around inside the house and then walked outside since it's cooler today. I plan to do a Jessica walk later.

My nephew is doing ok. He got the test result back and it was negative, which was great news, but then he found out another kid he knows has tested positive, so he has to go back and be tested again tomorrow. I guess this is how life it going to be for the foreseeable future.

Donna, I agree schools should stay closed. I don't see the point of having the kids go at different times. Maybe that would work in a small school, but like you said, even if half the kids at a large school are there, that's still a lot of kids! The HS my niece goes to is the same size as your DD's.

The CEO is making the announcement later about what's happening with returning to the office so I will post again later. I can't imagine they'll expect us to go back with how uncertain everything is, but we'll see.

Sherry, I got an email from the Gap and they are selling masks that look really cute, so I'm going to order a few. Might as well expand my mask collection since it seems we'll be wearing these for a long time.

Have a good day! More later...
Old 07-14-20, 11:42 PM  
Leonana

Today was some walking. I usually feel tired after Monday's strength workout, so take it easy.

Donna, I'm glad it sounds like you can telework. The school situation sounds like a tough one. No easy answers it seems.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's great news about your nephew, at least for the first test. It does sound like the new normal. The Gap has masks? I will have to check them out! It does seem to be a new fashion statement.
Old 07-15-20, 08:27 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a cardio workout from 22 Minute Hard Corps. I also woke up way too early today and I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I did my grocery shopping. Glad I got that done.

The CEO said our office is reopening in about a month. Return is voluntary though at this point so I am not going back. I was kind of surprised about reopening, but as long as it's voluntary, I'm happy to stay home! I guess we're going to reopen in phases and I don't know when the next phase will be, but I'm going to stay home as long as I can. I just don't see any reason to sit in a germy office when I can stay home and not be exposed.

Sherry, I plan to go to the Gap maybe tomorrow to check out the masks. They look cute online, but I want to see them in person.

Waves, Donna!
Old 07-15-20, 05:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

I had a busy day today so didn't get a chance to post my workouts:

This morning:

Ellen - Yoga Tone
Pilates & Yoga w/ Katja (You Tube) Day # 2 of the 7 Day Challenge

After work:

30 min TM walk listening to Pahla B. talk about emotional eating

I went in the office today to get my new lap top. The place was a ghost town. Which is good.

They are having a meeting about schools re-opening today and I just completed an on-line survey about it. As much as I see the problems w/ keeping the kids home from school I just can't see sending them in - not w/ the current situation. Even if half the population of my DD's HS goes in that is close to 1,000 kids. That is just asking for trouble in my opinion. Maybe some smaller school systems or some small private schools can pull it off, but these public schools here are over max capacity as it is.

Ok - rant over.

I will say, I don't know how people can wear masks all day - I had one on today for about 2 hours and it gave me a headache. Which is another consideration for schools and also returning to work in the office. If i can be home and not have to wear a mask why go in.

Ok...second rant over. LOL!

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Donna
Old 07-16-20, 07:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B. - Full Body Low Impact Cardio & Dumbbell Strength
Pahla B - 10 Min Standing stretch

It was a day off on Ellen's weekly rotation, and I frittered away a lot of time trying to figure out what to do. I wasn't in the mood for "walking" since I have managed to do a lot of that this week! So I was looking around You Tube. I almost went w/ a Barlates workout, b/c believe it or not, I have never tried one. But all of the ones I looked at felt so fussy w/ a lot of equipment and some looked awkward to me. So, I went with Pahla who is not fussy and quite simple.

I hope to walk again later today.

Going in to the office was weird, hardly anyone was there, and it was almost like visiting the land that time forgot or something - my office hadn't been touched in 4 months! It was surreal. I also realized how miserable it is going to be to wear a mask for 8 hours a day - I had one on for 2 hours and I had a headache at the end of it. I know why it needs to be worn and I have full intention of complying, but I do hope we don't have to go back in any time soon. I'd rather work at home sans mask.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 07-16-20, 10:18 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday was 30-Minute Strength Interval Walk from Walk On: 30 Day Plan dvd. I used 3, 5, 6, and one 10 pound weight. I had all my weights out and it was fun to switch around. I now have 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 pounds, and would like to get 7 and 15's.

I will update later with today's workout, which will be cardio. I would like to go bike riding, but it was 85/109 yesterdays. So hard to get up at 5:00, plus my cats demand to be fed first, lol.

wishiwasinhawaii, let me know how you like the gap masks. I'm glad you are able to work from home, that's great.

Donna, I wore a mask for two hours when I visited my sister last month. I don't know how people do it either. My daughter wears one for 4-6 hours at Starbucks. She says people will pull them down to speak, when they are having a hard time hearing them. And people will also lean around the plexiglass to talk to them. [face palm] I don't think they mean to do it maliciously, they just don't think.
Old 07-16-20, 11:28 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a resistance workout on the 22 MHC schedule. I've been using 10 and 8 lbs for the most part, which is nice and I feel like I'm making progress. I also walked outside this morning. I might go for another walk after work.

Donna, My co-worker went to the office today to pick up her monitor and some other equipment so she can work from home more comfortably, and they wouldn't even let her in the building. Someone packed up what she needed and put it outside on a table for her to pick up. I was hoping she could go inside because I was going to ask her to take a photo of my desk, LOL. I'm curious how many packages the mail room has dumped there. I can imagine it must have been creepy being in your office.

Re: masks at work, my company said yesterday those that go back to the office have to wear masks when they walk around the building, but can take them off at their desks! I don't understand that at all, but it makes me want to stay home even more. They actually have clarified a few things and said no one is going to be pressured to return and they don't expect things to return to 'normal' until maybe early next year, so I'm planning to stay home for the duration. I left some items in my desk that would be nice to have and back when this started I never thought it would go on this long, so I might look into picking them up.

Sherry, I'm swamped with work today so I'm going to try to get to the Gap tomorrow. I'll let you know! My nephew works in a convenience store and has some crazy mask stories also. I told him when you deal with the public, you have to be ready for anything, LOL.
Old 07-16-20, 04:19 PM  
Leonana

Today I did the Pyramid Power Walk from Walk On: 30 Day Plan dvd.

wishiwasinhawaii, I can imagine your nephew has some stories to tell!

Tags
jessica smith get strong