Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-09-20, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica - Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from WS 1.0
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge Day 1 and Day 2. I wanted to try Day 1 again just to see what I thought about it. I do like Kassandra so far - pretty straightforward yoga classes- and they are short and make nice add on's/warm-ups.

Yesterday I did a mile of Leslie - Mile # 3 from the Walk 15 4 Mile DVD. I am just trying to make sure I get enough movement in my day.

I think since I'm on a Jessica kick at the moment that I will use Jessica's Walk & Talk series for this purpose. And, of course, walk outside when I can - we had some nice days w/ low humidity and some days w/ high humidity so outdoor walks are hit or miss and probably will be for the rest of the summer. Plus my DD is now bored with going and I am just not motivated to go alone. I should go w/ my dogs, but my one dog is pretty lame these days and my other dog, my Golden, doesn't really like to walk -she would rather someone throw a ball repeatedly for her to fetch. My Lab likes to walk, but she limps a lot these days.

Sherry - glad your tooth is feeling better. I agree humidity makes a big difference in how heat feels - here it could be in the 70's and be dreadfully humid and it feels terrible.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 11:53 PM  
Leonana

Day 2 of SOS, I did the Strength and Flexibility workout from the Yoga Fusion Fix dvd. I feel very nicely stretched, and I think it got my heart rate up a bit. Yesterday's workout, WS3 Total Body, gave me some DOMS in my glutes.

Donna, that's a good idea to add in some Jessica Walk and Talks. I need to do that, since there isn't a lot of cardio on this rotation (I think). Good job at completing two days of Calm and Strong! In skincare news, I'm back to using the Eucerin SPF 30 moisturizer. Everything else is so much more expensive! I do like it, I just wish it had more SPF strength.
Old 06-10-20, 05:56 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was 30-Minute Cardio Interval Sculpt. I have a lot of meetings today so I got up very early and got this done because I know it's going to be hot later and I won't want to!

Sherry, You're right, there is not a lot of cardio-only workouts in SOS, although the one I did today was a mix of strength and cardio. The rotation alternates between strength and flexibility, so I've been getting 10,000 steps in each day either by walking (mostly indoors because it's been hot) or doing a walking workout at some point in the day. I also do some cardio on the rest days.

Donna, It is tougher to get walking in when it's hot and humid. I've been taking breaks throughout the day and walking around the house. My job has a walking challenge going on right now so that has been motivating me to walk more. If we get a certain number of points, we get a discount on next year's health insurance costs.

I have to prep for my first meeting...have a good day!
Old 06-10-20, 07:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Since the humidity and heat have settled in here I did Jessica's Sunset Barefoot walk on You Tube last night. It is an oldie - but a nice one. It is a gentle "walking" style workout. I'm mainly adding these on for extra steps/activity since working from home tends to reduce my step count and now it is getting harder to get out and walk the dogs.

Today was: Jessica's Get Strong - Strictly Strength - I admit, I had some dread going into this one - it wasn't bad though once I got going. I did not go heavy - I was using 3's, 5's and 8's - but I felt that was pretty good since I haven't done a whole lot of strength training recently.

I also added on Kassandra's 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge - Day 3

I will try to get another walk or something in later today for more steps.

I'm still doing quite a bit of work for my old job - wrapping things up for end of fiscal year but I have been invited to meetings, etc. for my new job and so far so good. There is a whole different mindset there which I appreciate - one of my supervisors even told me not to worry - that it would probably take me 3 years to get it all down - what a change from my last place where you were expected to be perfect from day one. I really appreciate that outlook. And, they are not loading me up with stuff b/c they know I'm still wrapping up my old job. Fingers crossed, as I said to a friend, I really could go for a nice stable job w/ a good attitude to round out my last years of working before retirement.

Sherry - I'm using the Eucerin SPF 30, too. I find that when I'm using Differin all of the chemical sunscreens sting and the Aveeno SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen, that works fine for me when not using Differin, stings when I am using Differin! Isn't that weird? Anyway I like the Eucerin - my only complaint is it is a little on the shiny side, but it does dry down eventually. It really may be my favorite since it isn't heavy and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I had some Cerave Face Sunscreen SPF50 lying around and that one makes you look like a mime when you put it on - but I use it when I'm outdoors or in the sun a lot and I mix a tinted sunscreen over it to cut down on the ghost effect. That one also doesn't sting. And, another I like is the Olay Sensitive SPF 30. It is definitely hard to find the right combo of texture, non-irritating ingredients, and SPF!

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm doing the same with walking! I think today may be a walk & talk at lunch and maybe another walk & talk before dinner. Otherwise, I just end up sitting all day long.....good luck w/ your meetings!

Donna
Old 06-10-20, 04:43 PM  
Leonana

Today was 20 Minute Awesome Arms and Abs. I decided to do the shorter workout, the other choice was WS Upper Body. However, it moved pretty fast, so I don't think it was any easier! I had to slow it down a couple of times. I think I will add in a walk and talk this evening.

I'm going out of town for a few days to visit family. DH and dd are staying here. I like that this rotation has yoga workouts, that will be easier to do away from home, since I'm not taking any weights with me. The strength workout Friday is lower body. I think I will sub something that doesn't use weights. Hopefully, I will workout! I always have good intentions when I go out of town.

wishiwasinhawaii, a lot of the workouts do get my heart rate up. But I've noticed I don't have much motivation to walk outdoors, now that I don't have a dog. Even when the weather is nice. I need to add in some short walking workouts.

Donna, I'm glad the new job is going well. I'm so happy for you, that must be a relief. I tried the Trader Joe's Zinc Sunscreen. It doesn't have a strong white cast, but boy is it greasy. But I can use it on my arms and legs. I'll have to check the Oil of Olay, but it's hard to beat the price of the Eucerin.

Waves to Pgun and Pam!
Old 06-11-20, 06:58 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is a rest day on the SOS schedule, but I'll do a walking workout...or maybe two. I also have to go grocery shopping and stop at Target to buy hair color. I haven't been to Target since March. Even though the hair salons are opening here soon, I don't feel comfortable going yet and have to do something with my hair so I don't look scary for my nephew's HS graduation. They've decided to have it outdoors, but I don't know how that's going to work or if I'll even go since it may be restricted to parents only. I'm hoping they'll have a streaming option.

Donna, Thanks for mentioning Jessica's Sunset Barefoot walk. I did that one last night and it was just what I was looking for! I'm pretty sure I had never done that one before. What a blast from the past! Definite no-frills production with Jessica in what looks like a small apartment on a tile floor, lol. Strictly Strength is my favorite Jessica workout, so I don't normally dread it unless I'm not in the mood for a strength workout that day. Glad to hear your new job is going well. It seems like this was a good move for you. I'm not sure what is happening with my job. My boss's boss has to make a business decision about something that will in turn determine my future so I'm just waiting for that to happen. My job has been on thin ice for the entire almost 15 years I've been there, so this is nothing new, and I am prepared if it ends--although I hope it doesn't. I think it would be tough to find a new job at this age.

Sherry, Enjoy your time away! I always think the shorter workouts will be easier, but that's not always the case, lol.

Have a good day!
Old 06-11-20, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was a stretch day for Calm & Strong - Gentle Yoga - Flexibility & Relaxation. I also did a quick 15 min walk from her 15 min walk DVD.. I can't remember the name of it! but it has 4 15 min walks. I hope to add at least one more, maybe two more, 15 min walks on today- maybe one at lunch and then one after work.

Last night I did Jessica's Walk & Talk about stress relief, before taking my DD out to practice her parking - she is getting good - I hope she passes her test!

wishiwasinhawaii - good luck about your job - I complain about working, but I'm happy to have a job. And, I now have hope that with my new job, things will be better. I sure hope we can continue to telework more. Once I made it through Strictly Strength I really liked it - I may try to do the rotation that is on the back of that DVD at some point. I think it is Strictly Strength 2X per week, Stepping Strength 1X and walking workouts.

Sherry - have a good time away!

Waves,

Donna
Old 06-12-20, 07:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Cardio Flow & Core Stretch from Jessica's Total Body Balance DVD. I hadn't done this workout in a long time! But it was a good one to re-visit.

Yesterday I did end up doing 3 of the 15 min fat blasters from Jessica's 15 Min DVD (I can't remember the name!) I did one at lunch and then one after work and then DD actually wanted to walk so we did another walk after dinner. So, at least I got my steps in!

Today I may try to get the 4th 15 min workout in from Jessica's DVD at lunch time...we shall see.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 06-13-20, 09:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Miles 1-3 of Jessica's 5 Fat Burning Miles
Strong Knees & Hips from 5 Fat Burning Miles

I think I will do the foot/ankle workout tomorrow...or later today.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 06-13-20, 10:37 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I got up early and went for a half hour walk yesterday and today. It was nice because there was no one else around and the weather was perfect! I also mowed the lawn and did other yard work so that was my workout yesterday.

I'm going to start week 4 of SOS today. I was considering switching to the Walk Strong Master rotation instead of SOS because SOS doesn't feel all that challenging, but I think I'll finish up SOS since I only have this week and next to go and then decide what to do next.

Donna, The rotation on the back of the Get Strong DVD is great! Very simple and very effective. I might even do that one instead of the Master rotation, but I've been wanting to use my DVDs more and I haven't done the Walk Strong rotations in years and it might be fun to revisit. Oh, my boss told me it looks like my job is safe after all. Whew!

Sherry, Hope you're having fun with your family!

Tags
jessica smith get strong