Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-14, 09:05 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

So what's your fitness challenge nowadays?

I want to nail UY Balance!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 09:41 AM  
Sara1000

Just building back up to where I was before a couple of minor injuries.

Great topic!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 09:49 AM  
RoccoLuv

Since starting night shift almost 2 years ago, I went from working out 6 days/week to 4. I just started last week trying to add in 1 short, easier workout after at least 1 of my shifts. That will take me to 5 workouts per week.

It's a real challenge to stay motivated to workout after working all night, but I know I eat better, sleep better, have more energy, etc when I workout. We'll see.....
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 09:51 AM  
AnMrsDe

I totally agree with perfecting UY Balance!! Why is that one so hard for me?? My fitness challenge these days is to perfect any and all poses in yoga practices and to make the flow seem very smooth and effortless.

Travis is really helping me with this challenge, but I also owe the gratitude to the various instructors at the My Yoga Online site as well...never thought I'd actually take to any other instructors besides my Travis, LOL!

(Never thought this dvd-lover would actually be streaming either).....
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 11:25 AM  
bubbles76

Oh I have quite a few! Some are fitness, some are aesthetic, and some are a mix of the two
  • Getting back into the habit of working out in the AM.
  • Having strong, defined, muscular legs and glutes. I would love to have Sharaz's legs, but I'll settle for Deazie's
  • Drinking more water! It never used to be a problem, but I get so busy at work that I forget to drink enough water. This in turn sets off my migraines.
  • Getting stronger in my upper body and core.
  • Increasing cardio endurance. I want to be able to get through a Christi Taylor, Cathe Friedrich, or Amy Bento cardio workout again without stopping.
  • Do yoga at least once a week. I have to work on my flexibility and stress levels.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 11:45 AM  
14yrbeliever

Just getting regular and consistent with an exercise regimen again...after two years doing not a whole heck of a lot.

Then I wanna get a handle on my eating. Good times.
14yrbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 11:50 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14yrbeliever View Post
Just getting regular and consistent with an exercise regimen again...after two years doing not a whole heck of a lot.

Then I wanna get a handle on my eating. Good times.
Same here!
Consistency is my current goal - min. of 20 min a day.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 12:05 PM  
Kyra

Trying to put yoga back in my life at a sustainable level. I find it really does help my stress levels and is a nice balance to the other stuff I do. I recently discovered a studio nearby and have been taking classes there when they fit my schedule.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 01:27 PM  
bzbnmom

Overall muscle building! I'm hoping it will burn off the fat and show more definition. With the warmer weather finally here, I'll be trying to eat lighter - though this may be more challenging than the workouts.
bzbnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 01:57 PM  
PrairieGem

Ohmigosh--I opened this thread thinking it would be full of things like, I don't know--running splits or plank challenges or "get through an entire Tonique workout without a break."

....When MY challenge right now is just re-starting and getting the D-word under control again. So happy to see I am in good company!