Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-15-20, 12:33 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, it looks like we picked the 3 coldest days of the year to take our vacation. Highs in the 60s and lows in the 30s. Its going to warm up again after we get back. At least they cancelled the rain!

Terri, glad to hear that you got the dryer situation fixed before it became a problem. I consider wet clothes to be a problem.

Nora, we are going to Enid Lake, MS. its about two hours away. our camping spot has a near panoramic view of the lake and there's a 'secret' path down to the beach.

We are about to head out!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 04:52 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Since my last check-in, two walks. What else is new?

PP- I hope you enjoy (or are enjoying) your get-away. With those temps, I don't think you'll be swimming in Lake Enid.

SB-I'm with you on the walking in the extreme cold. It's not for me, but my friend is giving me pep talks about it because she doesnt want me dumping on our weekly walk. So, I've bought some "overpants" and will look into upgrading my boots. I dunno how good my follow through will be though!

Terri- the above is not a problem that you'll ever have to deal with down in Texas.
Old 11-16-20, 09:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today and hopefully some MR.

PENGUIN, enjoy your getaway! I'm glad they took the rain out of the forecast.
I think 60s will be lovely walking weather at least.

NORA, yeah I bought new warm walking boots in preparation for my winter walks.
Send some of your friend's pep talks my way please!

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 08:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1223 and #1209
54 minute outdoor walk

I combined 2 MR workouts from her streaming site for a nice workout. I think I overdressed on my walk, hat, gloves, scarf boots. It was 50 degrees so I was pretty warm at the end. I am planning another walk today and maybe some pilates?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-18-20, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk

Have a great day!
Old 11-18-20, 06:12 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, Lake Enid and its friends are all Army Corps of Engineers reservoirs for Mississippi River overflow. They close the parks for camping from Mid December to March and let water out in anticipation of the Spring melt and rains. The water is usually at 60 ft so it was about 30 during our visit and they were still letting water out. The good news is that this gave us a lot of beach to walk around. And no we didn't go swimming, Cindy ran into the water's edge and ran back out again!

SB, the weather was nice for us. We started out our walks in layers and stripped off jackets as we went. I can tell you the heaters in the RV work! there a heater in the fireplace for the big room and then there are vents in the floor so we can choose what we want.

We had a nice time. 3 days of not thinking about the election or anything else negative. Just walking or driving around. Most of the fall color was gone but there were a lot of pine trees. We had a fire on the last night. It was a bit chilly for it but nice. Yes, I roasted a few marshmallows! And I'm still doing laundry!

My workout was a new to me Caroline Girvan UB. This was diabolical! We held the peak of a ub exercise for 25seconds {such as an overhead press} then did the exercise for an another 25 second. Pre exhausting the muscles. She told us her weight in KG so I have no idea what she was using but it looked like a 8-10. I think she went too heavy because she kept dropping her arms during the holds. I was using 5's.

LIC from Coach Mich followed. Slow paced and repetitive, I wasn't very excited about this one and didn't finish the last couple minutes

Old 11-19-20, 09:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Welcome back PENGUIN. Glad you had a nice time on your getaway. Sounds lovely.
Good job on your workout too.

Nothing to report for me yesterday.
It was barely above freezing and the wind made it feel much colder than that.
I just wasn't mentally prepared for such winter weather already. Today should moderate a little so I am planning a walk.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 11-19-20, 06:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today was barre and cardio. I decided to try another workout by NourishLoveMove. I was disappointed to find that she doesn't have that many barre workouts, but I tried 15m Cardio Barre workout at Home. It was a lot of the same moves as the first workout from her I did last week, but I enjoyed it.

Next was AfriFitness. I picked Cardio for Back and Love Handles. This was a poor choice for today. She does mostly the same LB side step for the whole workout just adding different ub moves. Since I did UB yesterday it helped thaw out some of the soreness but overall it was pretty repeditive.

Hope your weather improves SB!

Old 11-20-20, 09:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

It's going near 60 degrees today so I am looking forward to an outdoor walk and hopefully some MR too.

PENGUIN, 1 out of 2 isn't too bad.

Have a great day!
Old 11-20-20, 05:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, 50/50 is about my regular odds of getting anything right

today was supposed to be UB and cardio, but my triceps are still sore from Wednesday so I skipped that and just did the cardio. Jenny McClendon's LI Aerobics for beginners. Nice outdoor set but only 8-10 moves repeated as a routine. Little bit boring but nice. I may have to skip anything that has beginner in it in the future. We'll see.

We had our last Knitting meeting for the year. so that was sad. I've got one more winter blanket left to try them I'm going to move on to pink for Valentine's day. I'm sure the babies don't care but the Mom's probably will. Cute pink frilly things are more fun to make than boy things, but I try to do those and gender neutral as well.