Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-20, 04:59 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

My deepest sympathies for your loss. Sending positive and healing thoughts your way. I have always liked you, sorry this happened to you.
Old 10-10-20, 08:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Susan, I am so sorry for your loss. No one can or should tell you how soon is "too soon" after a loss. We all grieve in different ways and there's no right or wrong answer as to how we move on from tragedy. As others have said, be kind to yourself. Do what you can and what you need to do to heal. {{HUGS}}

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 07:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just opened this thread

I don't wander far from my check in.

Susan: I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. I have skimmed over the responses and agree!!! Be kind to yourself, seek professional help if it's something that may help you, but give yourself time. The grieving process (under normal circumstances) takes a long time. The healing process also takes time. Feel your feelings. It's ok to feel them. And to be sad. and angry. and every emotion inbetween.

{{{{ HUGS }}}} to you.

And again, my deepest sympathies.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 10:00 AM  
anjabear

Susan I am so sorry for you loss. Prayers and positive energy for you now.

You have gotten so much good advice here. I will add this; if you can move forward and make a workout schedule and then follow it, do so. It's okay to do that for yourself.

When I am hurting I find that working out is therapeutic for me. It helps me move forward. Exercise is a positive move forward when life is especially hard.

Please take care and love yourself up as much as you can.
Old 10-13-20, 09:09 AM  
Exercise Diva

Susan, I'm so so sorry for your loss! Sending hugs your way.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 01:21 PM  
Nelly G

Susan so sorry for your loss. I am wishing you and your family much strength.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 09:04 PM  
Sollamyn

I am so very sorry for your loss, Susan. Such a sad event in your life deserves time for healing and refocusing. I hope you find your way forward soon.

Donna
Old 10-15-20, 07:30 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I think the suggestions to focus on self-care and on walking outdoors and finding some support are really true for me at this time, that's where I need to be for awhile.
Susan, I am so sorry for your loss.

I do not really have any advice to share (you’ve gotten a lot here already) but I think the above plan is a good one.

I have been through some unexpected things recently and I have found walking or just being outside in nature has helped me tremendously. Just listening, breathing, absorbing the outside world and getting lost in the beauty or simplicity of it all (even my boring back yard!!!) has helped.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 04:53 PM  
antbuko

I'm so sorry for your loss, Susan! I hope you can get some grief counselling. I had a friend years ago who had lost her father, and she started going to therapy to help her cope, and the therapist actually prescribed running to help with the trauma. Maybe that'll be in the cards for you as well, if not now, sometime in the future. Everyone is different, so that may or may not be for you, but in any case, cut yourself some slack. It's only been a little over a month, and a little backsliding in your normal routine is fine.

Tags
grief, healing after loss, loss, suicide