Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-14, 03:40 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Consistency as the weather gets warmer. I swear I have reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, because I get more sluggish and homebound as the temperatures heat up. Usually around May, I start losing interest in working out and begin hibernating. I am working very hard this year to set and meet monthly workout goals that are obtainable, so I can use that positive reinforcement to keep moving and avoid a warmer-weather funk.
Old 04-07-14, 04:58 PM  
bubbles76

Allison, I get that way too . So glad to find out I'm not the only one! I mean, I work out, but I don't love it like I do in the winter. I positively hate summer weather. So glad to be living in NJ, where it doesn't get humid.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 05:08 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Consistency as the weather gets warmer. I swear I have reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder, because I get more sluggish and homebound as the temperatures heat up. Usually around May, I start losing interest in working out and begin hibernating. I am working very hard this year to set and meet monthly workout goals that are obtainable, so I can use that positive reinforcement to keep moving and avoid a warmer-weather funk.
I got like that out East. As the humidity rose, my motivation plummeted.
Old 04-07-14, 05:15 PM  
patriots

For me, right now…. is getting ready for softball I started treadmill sprints today, so I can race around the bases! Trouble is…. now I am walking around like the little ole' lady that I truly am!!!
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 07:25 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Tonique's Born to Move. I've done Insanity, run many miles, etc., so I thought I was pretty hardy until BTM totally humiliated me over a year ago. I'm presently in training for BTM with Premier, 2.1, 2.2, Sculpting Dynamics and Addicted to Movement. After BTM, Femme Fatale would be Tonique graduate school for me.

I'm also enjoying the challenge of the Horizontal Conditioning Volumes & Bootcamp right now but, so far, those aren't as crazy-hard for me as Tonique is.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 08:33 PM  
glowacki

I take a weekly Tabata Bootcamp class and the teacher includes Jump Squats each week. I'm getting stronger in so many ways, but those darn Jump Squats are not getting easier.
glowacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 02:35 AM  
Helen

I'm in the consistency camp as well. I've been tragic - couple of good weeks (or even days) then a week (or two) with next to nothing. If the children didn't have activities that no longer require 'mummy presence' but have a 90min wait to fill - I'd do nothing. Those waiting times (I run/jog/walk) are the only thing saving me from the sloth tag lately.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 09:37 AM  
Sissy B

My challenge right now is consistency too. And like some of the others have posted, it is harder for me to get my workouts in during the summer. It is so hot and humid here I really don't feel like doing anything.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 08:55 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Walking - a foot structure issue has recently become a painful problem. I'm a walker and the last few years have done mostly walking and studio Pilates with fewer videos so this is messing with both my happiness and my consistency. In the working out what combination of orthotics, insoles and shoes will make things better phase and ordered some of the Virtual Active DVDs Mary has on sale this week to get my walking fix in without getting caught out painfully far from home.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 09:28 PM  
CatInTheHat

Trying to sustain regular workouts while pregnant.

With my first, I was so scared of a loss that I didn't start working out until 14 weeks pregnant. Too late by then, I couldn't catch up.

Today, at 25 weeks, I'm still climbing on and off that Firm Fanny Lifter but wow do I hit pause a dozen times during the workout. I wondered today exactly how much longer I could keep this up for, and also thought about posing that question here. I got so winded doing Tough Tape 2 this morning. But I'm afraid to let go of the workouts or gasp, switch to "easy" pre-natal ones. I feel like that's quitting.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote