Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-20, 12:37 PM  
Mickey12

Ilaria Montagnani workouts

I watched the documentary about Ilaria recently posted on VF and, of course, now I'm on a hunt to collect more of Ilaria's workouts. I'm most interested in the early Powerstrike workouts but I'm not finding some of the earlier ones. I've done some searching and this is what I've found:

Forza 1
Forza 2

Abs and Pushups

Athletica 1
Athletica 2
Athletica 3
Athletica 4

Bodystrike 1
Bodystrike 2
Bodystrike 3

Powerstrike (set has windows, but it's not the Equinox gym)
Powerstrike 4 (set has windows, but it's not the Equinox gym) - same as above
Powerstrike 5 (set is the Equinox gym)
Powerstrike 6 (set is the Equinox gym)
Powerstrike 7 (set is the brick wall with orange lights)

So, does anyone know if there are Powerstrike workouts 2 and 3? I know the DVDs were re-released with new covers and that confuses things even more.

I found a photo on Amazon of Powerstrike Kickboxing with Ilaria and Patricia Moreno which is not available. From what I found, they created the workouts together and then parted ways. I would love to find those DVDs too.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by Mickey12; 12-05-20 at 01:08 PM. Reason: forgot a DVD
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 12:45 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

There is also her Abs & Pushups DVD!
Old 12-05-20, 12:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kim, I have Powerstrike #1 and #2 that she did with Patricia Moreno. As far as I know these never were released on DVD, just VHS.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 01:07 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Kim, I have Powerstrike #1 and #2 that she did with Patricia Moreno. As far as I know these never were released on DVD, just VHS.
Thanks! That's very helpful. I believe the photo I saw on Amazon for the Ilaria and Patricia workout said "video 3" so that makes me think they did 3 of them together.

So Powerstrike was released on DVD (I have it, it's filmed with a set with windows, but not the Equinox gym), but the ones with Ilaria and Patricia were not? Does that mean there are still Powerstrike 2 and 3 with only Ilaria? I'm not sure if I'm making sense. Were the Ilaria and Patricia workouts released before the Powerstrike with Ilaria only?

What do you think of the Ilaria and Patricia workouts? I still have a VHS player so I may have to hunt on ebay for them.
Old 12-05-20, 01:08 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
There is also her Abs & Pushups DVD!
Oh, I forgot to list that one. I edited my original post. Thanks!
Old 12-05-20, 01:35 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kim, you might be right that there were three that Patricia and Ilaria did together--I'd have to look again to see if I have the third one, but I don't think I do. I'll have to look at the picture you are talking about on Amazon. I'm thinking that Ilaria started numbering the Powerstrikes that she did later without Patricia as number 4 to avoid confusion with having two different Powerstrikes 1, 2 and 3 out there, one with Patricia and Ilaria and the other with just Ilaria. That's my theory anyway. And yes, the Patricia and Ilaria workouts are definitely older than the ones Ilaria did alone.

I really like the early Powerstrikes. They are pretty rough and not very polished productions, so if you are expecting that you will be disappointed. It doesn't bother me particularly. I get a great workout with these. Oh, and they are very similar to one another, so if you can find one you will get the idea of both.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 12-05-20, 01:38 PM  
sherry7899

Kim, a local vf friend just gave me Powerstrike 1 and 2 on VHS. Another vf friend put them on
dvd-r for me years ago, so I do not need them. I would be glad to send them to you. I have your address from the vf gift exchange list. Please pm me if you want them. I would send them first class in a small box. I have had bad luck with media mail this time of year.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 01:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Kim, a local vf friend just gave me Powerstrike 1 and 2 on VHS. Another vf friend put them on
dvd-r for me years ago, so I do not need them. I would be glad to send them to you. I have your address from the vf gift exchange list. Please pm me if you want them. I would send them first class in a small box. I have had bad luck with media mail this time of year.
Sherry, that's very generous!

Old 12-05-20, 01:46 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Sherry, that's very generous!
I received them about two months ago. I held onto them figuring someone here would post about wanting them. I knew they would find a good home.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 02:43 PM  
Mickey12

Ohhh Sherry!!! You've come to the rescue again!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! I would love them.

And Cataddict I think I figured it out. The Powerstrike I have that I thought was 1 is actually 4. It's just called Powerstrike. I checked the one I have against the clip at Mary's site. Thank you so much for helping me figure it out.

Tags
athletica, bodystrike, ilaria, ilaria montagnani, ilaria montegnani, powerstrike