Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-03-20, 09:48 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was ICE To the Mat.

Vannie
- I actually got the movie Get Out from the library but never could bring myself to watch it. From what you say, it was probably a wise move.

Cher
- Raking leaves for 3 hours is quite a workout. Enjoy your nice weather.

Hi to Karjoy and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 01:18 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, that's probably wise! It's definitely psychological. It isn't scary like the boogeyman type, which I think is what makes it MORE scary! I don't believe in the boogeyman but I know for sure there are extremely racist people out there and that is truly horrifying. I though it was a good movie but definitely one of the most scary to me.

I emailed Shane this morning to ask for suggestions/guidance on the rowing workouts. Since I didn't know what to do for that yet I did my DYY Anti Back Pain Yoga instead. I didn't do it for several days and wanted to get back to it. I think I did day 5. We walked almost 5 miles plus had to stop for 5-10 minutes to work on reactivity so we ended up being gone about 1 3/4 hours. I'm not sure if I'll get in any more workouts today other than smthg for rowing and a stretch.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 09:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys. Went for a nice 4 mile run after work. It was in the 60s but the humidity was very low and it felt great. Gosh it gets dark early though. I think it was about completely dark by 6 pm. It got to 38 degrees last night but warmed up very quickly.

Vannie when I was going to Orange Theory we did lots of rowing. I could never get my heart rate as high as I could running. I think that might be normal? Even if I perceived I was working hard my heart rate did not match that feeling. It was
weird but the OT instructors always said not to get the stroke rate too high, not above about 30 strokes a minutes. These were water rowers.

Cher, Cathe does not waste a second in Perfect Pump! I think I may always have to pause a bit. And Jbliff, my floor was littered with weights too. Thank goodness there were no barbells.

Night, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 11:12 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, thanks for your input on rowing. I'll worry less about my HR but I still want to find a way to feel like I'm working hard. I don't know if it's harder to get a good cardio workout with the orbital arm rower than a water or flywheel rower or if I just need guidance. I haven't heard back from Shane so I tried to figure it out myself. The total distance ends up being 9000m for this workout. I found where a guy did 10k in 41 minutes. Considering I'm a beginner and there is a total of 12 1/2 minutes of rest breaks, I feel like I should be looking at at least a 50 minute workout. Does that sound in the ballpark, do you think? That doesn't sound super fun at this point. I'm gonna have to double up tmrw since I got busy today and never got back to it.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-04-20, 07:08 AM  
Cher

Workout today started as Perfect Pump Low Impact Hiit. Only lasted until about the 17 minute mark and decided enough of that. I still hate doing drills and I missed the timer telling me how much time was left for each drill. Also did WW Plank Challenge Day 2.

Feeling a bit nervous this morning since my sister has the appointment with the surgeon so waiting to hear from her about that.

Hopefully I’ll get in a walk this afternoon when it warms up again today.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 07:19 AM  
Vantreesta

Praying for your sister's appt, Cheryl. And for you during the wait.

Well I heard back from Dark Horse Rowing this morning, which I appreciate. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be helpful. He gave me a list of 5 apps and the only one that appeared it might help is apparently only for Apple devices so I'm still left trying to guess everything on my own. I'll keep trying but I have a feeling I won't stick with it for the month. It's too much mental work. But I'll see what I can do; even if I just do one of his YT videos every day or even row on my own I should see some benefit and be actually using my equipment. I told hubby last night if he ever sees of anyone at work getting rid of a flywheel or water rower to let me know. I told him the price range on them and his jaw dropped. I was like yeah, so I'll never have one unless I can find one used that someone is just really motivated to get rid of!

Old 11-04-20, 07:22 AM  
Cher

Thank you Vannie. Bummer that you didn’t really get any useful suggestions for your rowing. All the mental thinking does sort of make it hard to stick with the program.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 07:24 AM  
Vantreesta

Yeah, I just want it laid out and ready. In real life i HATE being told what to do and how to do it but in my workouts that's exactly what I want!

I hope your cousin is still improving.

Old 11-04-20, 01:35 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Upper Body + 20 minutes on the elliptical. The workout seemed a little easier the second time around since I knew what the exercises were going to be. I used the same weights as Cathe again on all but two exercises: went heavier than Cathe on the triceps kickback and dropped to 20 lbs dbs when she did the chest flies with the leg extended. It felt a little awkward with 25 lbs the first time I did it.

Cher - I hope your sister's appt with her surgeon went OK.

Vannie
- It does seem like a lot of work to try to track the rowing stats without the proper tools. I used to row at the gym and like Karjoy I don't ever remember feeling like I got a good cardio workout. One time I think I broke the rowing machine because I kept going faster and faster and it stopped tracking!

Karjoy - I do hate the time change. It starts to get dark by 5:30 here.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 02:00 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, it's so weird bc rowing is promoted as a good cardio workout. Maybe it's just the way the body moves that it doesn't feel as hard as running? I don't know. I used a C2 once at a hotel and just loved it. My HR got higher than it does with my rower but 15 minutes of rowing still didn't feel like nearly the workout that a run feels like. Yikes on breaking the machine!