Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-20, 11:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Problems playing youtube videos

I'm relatively new to streaming workouts and am very low tech. I use my chromebook to play videos and use an hdmi cable to connect my chromebook to my smart tv. Then I watch the video on my tv screem. It works fine for most streaming sites but I have a problem with youtube videos. It will start off fine then somewhere along the way the tv screen goes blank. I can still hear the audio though. The video is also still playing on my chromebook, it's just the tv screen that is blank. Does anyone know what can be causing this or how to fix it? Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated. TIA
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 02:17 PM  
WazzyWaz

Are you able to cast directly to the television instead? I cast my Chromebook to the TV via my Xbox, but if you have a newer TV, it should allow you to cast to that. Here's a link at Google about the Chromecast symbol and how to add to Chrome: https://support.google.com/chromecas.../7249696?hl=en

Hope this helps!
WazzyWaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 08:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thank you for that link. I'll have to check it out after a little more coffee and see if it helps. I appreciate your response.
Old 12-31-20, 09:56 AM  
Hsim

I have problems with Youtube, my older tv and my older Roku. Sometimes when I go into youtube I get a black screen with an hourglass, sometimes I get audio and a blank screen and sometimes I get an unable to play message. The last time I got an unable to play message I thought I heard some audio about updating my hdmi cable, does that make any sense?
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 10:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
I have problems with Youtube, my older tv and my older Roku. Sometimes when I go into youtube I get a black screen with an hourglass, sometimes I get audio and a blank screen and sometimes I get an unable to play message. The last time I got an unable to play message I thought I heard some audio about updating my hdmi cable, does that make any sense?
Hmmm that's interesting. It could possibly be I need to update my hdmi cable. I only have this problem with youtube though. I'll look into that too. Thanks.
Old 12-31-20, 03:52 PM  
horsemom2

your smart tv may have its own youtube app?

If not, the chromebook should enable casting to a smart tv if both on the same WiFi.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

The smart tv does have it's own you tube app. Do you think it would work better using that directly? I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.
Old 01-01-21, 08:42 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
The smart tv does have it's own you tube app. Do you think it would work better using that directly? I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.
I always use the ROKU youtube app.
It has the same information as my youtube account.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
you tube, youtube, youtube help