Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-17, 08:11 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Sue, this is the first time I've watched the preview. There's only music in the preview but he's clearly talking -- I assume we hear him talking in the actual workout? So close to ordering after just this morning thinking I never need to buy anything again because PBL is the bomb.com.
I love Lisa too,but since adding in this blitz my lower body looks awesome. My boyfriend comments how it looks smaller & it definitely feels tighter. My saddlebags disappearing &i my jeans falling down have convinced me. I still do Lisa, but love the blitz workouts

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-17, 08:30 PM  
Tugger31

What type of exercises in the blitz workouts helped your saddlebag area? And how long are the lower body segments/how many times a week do you do them? I'm wondering how comparable they are to Ballet Beautiful. Unfortunately I can't financially swing anymore workouts right now
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 06:11 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I love Lisa too,but since adding in this blitz my lower body looks awesome. My boyfriend comments how it looks smaller & it definitely feels tighter. My saddlebags disappearing &i my jeans falling down have convinced me. I still do Lisa, but love the blitz workouts
Glad you found something to help.
Old 04-03-17, 08:10 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
What type of exercises in the blitz workouts helped your saddlebag area? And how long are the lower body segments/how many times a week do you do them? I'm wondering how comparable they are to Ballet Beautiful. Unfortunately I can't financially swing anymore workouts right now
Blitz is described as total body, but it's very lower body focused. You wear ankle weights while standing, and moving in very slow, controlled moves. I recently upped my ankle weights to 4 lb and that really sent the results over the edge.

I love the toning more than the cardio workouts, so I have been doing them about 4 x/week, 1 cardio. I'm doing barre3 one day/week and I'm sprinkling in PBL.

PBL definitely started the lower body results, but blitz has taken them to a new level.

Old 04-03-17, 09:24 AM  
SueT

Hi, Sue. Are you doing the lower body from the original Blitz workout, or have you subscribed to the three-month Blitz workouts Hamelin has been releasing?

Your results are amazing. Congratulations!

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 09:41 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Hi, Sue. Are you doing the lower body from the original Blitz workout, or have you subscribed to the three-month Blitz workouts Hamelin has been releasing?

Your results are amazing. Congratulations!

Thanks,
Sue
thank you!

OK, so I pre-ordered the original blitz when it became available and then basically forgot about it. I was doing PBL religiously and exclusively for about 2 months. On February 2 I did the original blitz. Wow, I was sore. My glutes/hamstrings were having serious DOMs. The next day I did PBL and HDM cardio. The next I did PBL and HDM Blitz. I did this pattern for most of February. February 9th I did the Blitz toning from the series. I am pretty diligent about doing the foam rolling after the toning sessions, and I tend to do more toning than cardio. I do like the blitz cardio but I hate and avoid impact. I'm trying to incorporate more cardio because even Hamelin says to.

March has been more of the same. I do B3 once/week, PBL about 2-3 times and then the rest is HDM blitz. I do have the series as well as the original. In my opinion they are all different
Original Blitz - incorporates upper body work that I don't really see in the series blitz
http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.c...ct/blitzmatics

Here is the series that he just finished releasing:
http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.c...nths-pre-order

and there is one more blitz series coming that hasn't been released yet.

The blitz series has 3 toning workouts and 3 cardio workouts and 3 foam rolling. I am addicted to the 2nd toning release in that series. It uses the magic circle and is so lower body intense. It was during this release that I increased my ankle weights from 2 lb to 4 lb. What a difference. It's funny though, the original blitz and the 1st toning from the series is reallllly hard with the heavier ankle weights and I have to take a few breaks. I can do the 2nd release no issue with the heavier weights. He just released the 3rd series on Friday of last week and I've only doing the toning once and I haven't looked at the cardio yet.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but as I'm in perimenopause and dealing with thyroid issues and being beyond frustrated, I'm so excited something has me feeling good and not wiped out.

Old 04-03-17, 10:01 AM  
SueT

Thanks so much for your detailed response, Sue! I should definitely try the Blitz workouts. I've been concentrating on Jessica Smith's workouts for about 5 weeks now, and I've really been enjoying them, but I'm sure I could add in some of the Blitz workouts to see if they help lean out my lower body.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 11:18 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Just turned 52 and haven't had a cycle 9 months. I lost weight when I switched to lower intensity-walking and Pilates. I tried to add in a day or two of HIIT last spring/summer and gained. (Real weight, not water, etc.) Everyone is totally different.
I agree that everyone is different and honestly, what works "best" is the workouts we enjoy enough to keep doing, and also what doesn't break our bodies down as we age. I know I could not mentally or physically do a steady diet of high intensity/impact and heavy weights. I would feel awful - my body would hurt and I would stop working out - or be forced to stop working out. I do agree that we need to maintain our functional strength - as Carol noted - to keep the toilet seat from getting too low - but I think we all have to find out what works best for our individual bodies and there is no "one size fits all".

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 01:33 PM  
TinaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I agree that everyone is different and honestly, what works "best" is the workouts we enjoy enough to keep doing, and also what doesn't break our bodies down as we age. I know I could not mentally or physically do a steady diet of high intensity/impact and heavy weights. I would feel awful - my body would hurt and I would stop working out - or be forced to stop working out. I do agree that we need to maintain our functional strength - as Carol noted - to keep the toilet seat from getting too low - but I think we all have to find out what works best for our individual bodies and there is no "one size fits all".

Donna
Donna ~ So true. The other mind set to consider, is that what used to be important to me has now changed. One of my goals, (years ago) was to lunge as deep as Susan in Vol.1. Now I want to lunge without losing balance and falling over. So I have to re-create what I knew worked for me then, to what I'm dealing with now.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-17, 01:42 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Donna ~ So true. The other mind set to consider, is that what used to be important to me has now changed. One of my goals, (years ago) was to lunge as deep as Susan in Vol.1. Now I want to lunge without losing balance and falling over. So I have to re-create what I knew worked for me then, to what I'm dealing with now.
Absolutely, Tina! Back in the day I was much more concerned w/ aesthetic results and while I still want to look good, I am much more focused on my overall health and function. I also have learned that I will not necessarily achieve a 'certain look' due to genetics, body type, time available to workout, willingness or, rather, unwillingness to follow a particular way of eating, etc.

I'm much happier, now that I'm "older" b/c I have let a lot of the aesthetic stuff fall by the wayside. I still watch what I eat but it is more for health (and in many ways my diet is probably better now than ever) than to achieve a certain look. I do workout less intensely than I used to, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. I think it is a combo of "aging" and not being comfortable doing certain things any more (high impact, running, weights every day, etc.) and lifestyle - running kids around, working, keeping the house in decent shape, social obligations, etc. all takes time. I joked w/ my co-worker the other day that I know that as soon as my DD is off to college and I have an "empty nest" and more time to myself my parents health will begin to fail and I'll be in caregiver mode. Hope that doesn't happen, but.....chance are........

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
debra atkinson, flipping 50, menopause, my fitness pal, over 50