Old 06-20-13, 01:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Yes, with Slim Series.
^2.

forgot all about that!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-13, 01:35 PM  
mbcatac7

Using JNL Fusion and that is working great for me. My body was not budging until I started these workouts.
Old 06-20-13, 04:45 PM  
MamaBecca

I have and I maintain my weight loss with strength workouts, but it took me a while to find what worked for me. I have to go pretty heavy and do lots of multi-joint, multi-muscle lifts (dead lifts, squats, clean and presses, push ups, (assisted) pull ups, that kind of thing). If I do too many isolation exercises, I just seem to get bigger (which is what happened when I did STS -- sad, because I love love loved STS). So for me, kettlebells and lifting workouts work best -- I get my strength and cardio in at the same time. Lauren Brooks, AoS, Rachel Cosgrove's D2S are all magic for me.

The other key thing for me is not to do too much other cardio and to make sure I eat enough. If I lift heavy and don't eat enough, I don't get good results.

If you like strength workouts, keep trying until you find what works for you -- they are a great way to lose fat and stay lean!

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-13, 07:39 PM  
m42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
did you do her video or her book workouts? i'm doing a Joyce rotation at the moment, using her "Weight Training Made Easy" book. i've only been doing it for less than a week now, using walking as my cardio.
I used the book. Fat Burning Workout for 6 weeks. She was my first introduction to weight lifting.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joyce vedral, look better naked, weights only