Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-13, 09:13 AM  
Rose Ohio

Her original Ripped workout is the only one that I kept from Jari. I haven't tried any of her recent offerings. I really liked the Ripped workout and did it quite a bit. She does alot of reps but not as bad as some of Cathe. I may have to check out some of her newer workouts
Old 04-21-13, 09:17 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Tara, I do have the Original Ripped and do like it a lot! I also like the one from Lean Machine that you mentioned also. I also tried my first Erin O'Brien recently, the one with the compound moves, and enjoyed that too. I have never tried Margaret Richard thinking they would be too long and grueling for my tastes. Anything over 30 minutes and I get antsy.

Here is a question for Judy or anyone else, why do you think Jari produces more dramatic results than say a KCM? My heartrate gets high with a KCM weights workout? Is it the higher reps of Jari's workouts?
I think my issue with Lean Machine is that triceps are skimped on and chest is worked for a really long time. It might be just me but I have bugaboos about stuff like that, or I am just more picky about things like that I guess. It's still a good workout.

My heartrate was really high with KCM weight work too but I have since moved on from her weight work. For me it was too much creativity with some weight moves and I found myself modifying all the time, I think in the end I just got tired of doing that and realized it just doesn't work for me personally. I still like Kelly a lot but just stick with her kickboxing workout now.

Margaret has two compilation DVDs called All My Best, she has Vol 1/2 and 3/4. Each DVD has 4 compilation workouts, each 30 minutes. Not every muscle group is worked in each workout, I think they are designed to do A workout one day and B workout the next, etc. So that's what I do. I just find her very calming, she works you hard but in a very soothing manner, and her pace is slow. For lower body she does a lot of floorwork as opposed to standing which is kind of refreshing. Some kind her find of boring but sometimes she is exactly what I need.

I also have her Sculpture workout, but I haven't tried it yet, I am kind of afraid of it actually. The only downside is that her DVDs are expensive, but you get a decent amount of content. Believe it or not her DVDs are actually cheaper now then they were 5 years ago or so.

Anyway...this thread is about Jari, and I have gotten off track a little. Sorry about that...
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 09:25 AM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean@125 View Post
Tara
What is the title of the original ripped? Thanks
FYI: You can try it out on YT. Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqq9xNok7ig

Audio not synced with video but not too bad
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks, Tara, for your response.

Yes, I'm sorry I kind of got us off course from Jari. I am curious how she seems to work magic more so than other instructors, though.

Still a job well done by Judy! It is inspiring to read posts like yours!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 09:30 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Thanks, Tara, for your response.

Yes, I'm sorry I kind of got us off course from Jari. I am curious how she seems to work magic more so than other instructors, though.

Still a job well done by Judy! It is inspiring to read posts like yours!
No apology necessary...I think it was me who got the thread off track actually...
Old 04-21-13, 09:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm another one who absolutely loved Jari's original Get Ripped, but I didn't click quite as well with the others in the original series. I have been curious about the newer workouts in the "Extremely" series, and even though I have read about them, there are so many that I keep getting them mixed up!

I would be especially interested in the newer DVDs that break down into two 30-minute (or close) workouts--can anyone list Jari's workouts that fit the bill for this? Thanks!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 10:44 AM  
neatski

I got great results with Get Riipped 1000 and to the Core (adding in Lean & Chiseled and some others), but to be honest, I got leaner and stronger when I stopped the high rep/medium weight thing and went to low reps, high weights and more functional movements rather than the muscle isolation stuff. I know there are lots of push-ups in some of those, and I think in hindsight that most of the awesome change to my upper body and core were just the result of doing all those push-ups.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 10:46 AM  
Scorpio6

Which Margaret Richard

Hi Tara,

Which Margaret Richard do you use for high rep + therapeutic value?
Thanks!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 10:47 AM  
gingersnap

I loved the original Get Ripped series, and saw amazing results. But anything after Get Ripped & Chiseled didn't click with me.
gingersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 10:55 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Hi Tara,

Which Margaret Richard do you use for high rep + therapeutic value?
Thanks!
Right now I have only done her All My Best DVDs, I have both volumes 1/2 and 3/4. Each DVD has 4 - 30 minute programs. Not all muscle groups are worked in each workout, the same are worked in programs A & C, and B & D if that makes sense. It would probably be fine to do one weight program one day and the other the next day since the same muscle groups are not worked. Or you could do two together for an hour long program, for me that's too long so I just stick with 30 minutes. As stated earlier I also have her Sculpture which is supposedly her toughest workout, I haven't tried it though.

Without going into details, I have had a really rough couple of days. I have Margaret's DVD playing on the computer as I type which sounds weird but for some reason I find it calming.

She is not for everyone, some find her rather boring, I used to believe it or not, but I am getting older and maybe now I appreciate more what she has to offer.

Tags
body rock, jari love, jari love rotation, jari love success, success stories, weights only