Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-13, 11:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Did one of Jari's Extremely workouts today and the 30 minute length was perfect for me right now. I burned around 300 calories in that half hour, which was also great.
Pratima, which one did you do that had a 30 minute option?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 11:32 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Beth, it was Extremely Ripped 1000. I also have Extremely Ripped, and it has half-hour workout options too. They're complete workouts--warmup, and then intervals of cardio and weights. The cooldown is separate, and on ER1000, there's a pushups and abs segment which automatically played after the 30 minute segment.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 05:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
I have the original get ripped and have a question - do you NEED the step to do some of the exercises? I did the exercises on the floor and I wanted to know if it's better to have a step?
It's helpful to have a step or at least a rubbermaid type step for the seated front raises. Your range of motion is going to be better if you're somewhat elevated for pull overs and skull crushers, too. And, it's just more comfortable.

But, if you don't have the space, it's not absolutely necessary. I do use my step as a weight bench all the time, though.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 02:16 PM  
muffins135

Which dvd has the Weights and Abs workout?
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 02:17 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
Which dvd has the Weights and Abs workout?
Body Rock and Lean Machine.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 05:46 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

This thread has convinced me to give Lean Machine one more try, I have had it twice already and sased it away both times, maybe the third time will be the charm! I will try some of the modifications that have been suggested to include more tricep work. It is a good routine and will be nice 30 minute option to have when I don't have time for the original Ripped. Who knows maybe I will try some of the other sections on the DVD too.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 07:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Are any of the new ones similar to the original Ripped? What I like most about Get Ripped is the combination of heavier weight moves, unweighted work, and floorwork--do any of the new ones include all of these elements?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 08:56 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Are any of the new ones similar to the original Ripped? What I like most about Get Ripped is the combination of heavier weight moves, unweighted work, and floorwork--do any of the new ones include all of these elements?
IMO, not really. The original Get Ripped is one of a kind!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 10:50 AM  
AnMrsDe

Due to this thread, and finding I'm missing my Jari workouts, I thought I'd try a new idea today. I'm currently doing a JNL rotation (which I am immensely enjoying), and today after Bicep Builder, I added on Jari's bicep track from Slim & Lean. Granted, it's only 5 minutes but I did it 2x which equaled 168 reps of bicep curls and hammer curls. After all the push-ups in Bicep Builder, and using 8 & 10 pound DB's, both in BB & Jari's S&L, my arms are fried! Great combo, and I can see me doing this more often in the future after the designated JNL workout, adding on the focused muscle group tracks from Jari's various workouts since they're chaptered so well and easy to use as add-ons.

Cathe's Burn Sets also works with this format, but I prefer Jari's tracks since I am a high rep girl!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body rock, jari love, jari love rotation, jari love success, success stories, weights only