Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-12, 02:45 PM  
BalletCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed_mom_to_3 View Post
3. I noticed today that my favorite pants look baggy. Hmm. After three days? Dunno but I'll take it!
Hi

Glad to hear your experiment is going well. I also notice when I'm doing t-tapp that around every third day I suddenly feel slimmer and more pulled in. I think there is some kind of 3 day cyle with exercise, I notice this with other plans too (e.g. Callanetics) but it seems more pronounced with t-tapp, I suspect that t-tapp alleviates water retention more than other types of exercise (for me at least) which is part of the effect.

At the moment, I'm trying to use the t-tapp form/stance with any other exercise I'm doing so I feel some t-tapp benefits even if I'm not doing a t-tapp workout, I think it's working.

Happy tapping!
Old 08-20-12, 06:53 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Day 5:
T-Tapp Ladybug Workout (entire 40-minute standing workout, not the target move ladybug)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 07:42 AM  
alisoncooks

So I have a question for you TTapp ladies....
What do you think about all this "moving the organs back in place" talk? So, even if it's true...is it good to be messin' around with all your innards like that?!?!
(Thinking about it makes me nervous.....)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 08:12 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
What do you think about all this "moving the organs back in place" talk? So, even if it's true...is it good to be messin' around with all your innards like that?!?!
I've been doing it off and on for 11 years. It's done nothing bad to my innards, that I know of (although it does help with elimination--tmi, I know, sorry).

When I do it regularly, along with her standing twisting work and some other kinds of ab work (AND, of course, eating right), I get a flat belly.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 08:30 AM  
TamiT

Hi everyone... I want to say THANKS to BalletCat for reminding me to use ttapp stance all day and with other workouts cuz Sunday was a BAD day for me. I didn't even have time to do my usual laps at the pool, much less ttapp. I was really bummed but when I read your post I decided to go for a walk using ttapp methods taught in the Step Away the Inches walking workout dvd, focused on keeping my ribs up all day, jazz toes, weight off ball joint, etc and did a few of the exercises on TappCore dvd by memory (Butterflies and HoeDowns back-to-back) then before bed I did Organs in Place/Half Frogs from the book dvd followed by 4 cross over sit ups (fm Hit the Floor) each side and Awesome Legs. At least I did SOMETHING right?

But for today I'm happy to report that I did Mindful Movement for Healthy Hormones 27 min. workout (the one without instruction) WOW, that workout makes me feel so good...hard to explain why, but it does. I also did OIP/HF followed by 15 regular crunches and 8 cross over sit ups each side. Lots more energy this morning, maybe I just needed a day off on Sunday.
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 09:11 AM  
flowerpotcat

No T-TAPP since weekend. Been very busy over the weekend but I got in a lot of walking. I hope I can squeeze some today. Good idea about using some core workouts while taking breaks at work. I'll try to remember that.

blessed mom and TamiT, i'm cheering on you! keep it up!
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 11:15 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

MORE 2 and Healthy Hormones

To those of you who have the new dvds (MORE 2 and Healthy Hormones) how exactly do you think it compares to the original MORE? I am curious about them, but want to save my money. I did a workshop with Senior Fit, and was looking forward to that...so if I can leverage the original MORE until Senior Fit comes out, I would be happy.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 04:22 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been watching your experiment with a huge smile on my face because it's exactly the kind of thing that I love doing.

I have a write up on my blog that speaks to the science behind OIP. (No worries, I'm not trying to sell you anything. ) You can find it HERE. It's probably one of the most misunderstood T-Tapp movements despite the fact that it's simple, has very little form to worry about and really works.

Enjoy your experiment!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 05:05 AM  
TamiT

WOW, I just read your blog post about OIP/HF Lannette and I learned so much! Thank you! You sure have a high level of understanding on muscle mechanics. I immediately got on the floor and did one set of OIP/HF with your breakdown in my head and yowza, I could FEEL each movement so much more! It also gave me a lot of energy so I got up and did PBS, then Oil Wells and T-Tapp Twist by memory, REALLY SLOW. For those of you who have the book, these are in chapter 4. Then I did Step Away the Inches walking workout dvd. Wow, what a combo. I feel GREAT. Maybe I'll start doing the organs in place/half frog exercise first, instead of after. OK...off to shower cuz I'm a puddle of sweat and I've got a long day at work today.
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 08:18 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been watching your experiment with a huge smile on my face because it's exactly the kind of thing that I love doing.

I have a write up on my blog that speaks to the science behind OIP. (No worries, I'm not trying to sell you anything. ) You can find it HERE. It's probably one of the most misunderstood T-Tapp movements despite the fact that it's simple, has very little form to worry about and really works.

Enjoy your experiment!
Lannette, I'm so happy you chimed in. Thank you
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest change, biggest difference, pretzel, t tapp, t-tapp, t-tapp results, teresa tapp