Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-17-09, 06:38 AM  
Nelly G

Which workout changed your body the most

I really like to hear from you which workout does the most for you.

When I was younger the workout which the best for me was callenetics.

Now I am 43 and losing weight is going very slowly and I am searching.

Which workout is the best for losing weight
Which workout is the best for changing your arms
Which workout is the best for your core/abs
Which workout changed your glutes
Which workout is the best for your legs

I hope to hear from you!
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 07:30 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

The workout that did the most to change my body was, bar none, the Firm. When I did the 90-day rotation I saw more significant cosmetic changes than I have ever seen doing anything else. It wasn't my favorite rotation, my Firms aren't my favorite workouts in terms of FUN, and other things have made me stronger, more functionally fit.

But for cosmetic changes, nothing has ever matched or beaten the Firm's 90-day rotation. My abs flattened out, I lost fat, my butt lifted, and my arms and legs looked really good.

I'm sorta wondering here why I don't do the Firm all the time; I guess it is because I really PREFER doing weights and cardio separately and I'm really more motivated by functional stuff (cranking out one more pushup than I could do before, lifting heavier weights, etc) than cosmetic stuff.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 08:01 AM  
Tugger31

My treadmill! As far as other workouts go, I found that if I used my old workouts and really made a point of increasing the weight even if I couldnt finish the set or for cardio picking more interval/circuit workouts and really giving it my all, really changed my body. But for workout particulars.....Jillian's 30 Day Shred, NMTZ and BFBM and Patrick's HWC workouts combined with Meso Cycle 2 strength work really helped alot. For abs...KCM's!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 08:05 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

A Combination of long steady state cardio and Cathe's gymstyles. I know many like cardio intervals but steady state did the most for me. For abs, it is pilates and for legs I must add in some floor work to really see results.

Oh and most important for me was running away from the refrigerator.
Old 11-17-09, 08:10 AM  
furmomof6

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 08:22 AM  
Demeris

When I was younger, I ran and swam and never worried about my body shape (because I was in incredible shape, although I didn't know it).

Now, at 52, losing weight has more to do with what goes in than expenditure, but, that said, I will admit that the fluidity/Callanetics combo I used while losing weight three years ago took all my slack, loose muscles and put them right back where they had been in my 20s (what I realize now was a minor miracle).

I'm currently experimenting with Leslie on the rebounder as part of a small weight loss attempt (coupled with paying attention to nutrition while not being obsessed with it). I'm doing anywhere from 3 to 5 miles 4Xs a week. I still do the barre work and am seeing further improvements in my legs (which have always been an annoyance for me, even when I was running 5-8 miles a day).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 09:31 AM  
Tish

What changed my body most was kettlebells - in a negative way! I got bulky everywhere with a puffy look because I put on muscle and my body retained loads of water and fat. I gained 5 lbs but looked like I gained 10 and was busting out of all my clothes.

What put everything back in its proper place, so to speak, is a combination of barre/yoga/pilates/Classical Stretch with 20 min of low intensity cardio daily (rebounding). Doing any of these methods by themselves didn't do much but the combination has been a winner for me.
Tish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 09:41 AM  
gjv

Slim Series for me.

I still do other workouts of course but I always return to Debbie!
Old 11-17-09, 09:42 AM  
Carebear

Power 90! It's extreemly boring but it gave me results like nothing else - including P90X, Chalean Extreme, and a whole lot of Cathe!
Carebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 09:42 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

DDR helped me shed 50 pounds, and it didn't even feel like exercising, just fun

The program that reshaped me the most was the weight-lifting routine given to me at my first gym. I dropped about 4 sizes in 2 months. Since then I've been sold on the benefits of heavy weights for women.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest change, pilates band, results, successful weight loss