Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-21-21, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage to get Pahla's Day 19 workout in (which was walking and arm toning) and I also did Adriene's 30 Day Series - Day 8 'Snuggle' which was a nice, restorative practice. And, I needed it...one of the people I "supervise" has some major issues w/ communication and it was just a mess - she is a very diligent worker and has a good heart, but her communication style ends up alienating a lot of people - so yesterday was just really challenging dealing with that. And, I'm not really her supervisor, I'm her technical lead - so it is weird position to be in. which brings me to - gosh, I really want to retire!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla - Day 20 - low impact cardio & standing abs -

ePilates - 21 Day Challenge Day 3 - Abs (Pilates)

Jessica Valent - Open Your Heart Routine.

I hope to squeeze something in mid-day and then something in at the end of the day - we shall see what the day brings!

Carol - nice workouts - as much as I like Pahla, I am now getting a bit antsy for the rotation to end. I do want to finish it though - and I'm sure I will go back to doing more workouts w/ Pahla in the future - but I think for February I'm going to do something else - leaning towards Jessica Smith...but I am also mulling over some sort of Project You/Gilad Quick Fix rotation...

Christine - it is good to see you back!! And thanks for the sleep info - I have a hard time staying asleep and lately I have been waking up at 3 or 4 and can't go back to sleep either....

Dana - hope the rest of the day went well!

Waves, Brenda

Has anyone heard from Linda????

Happy Friday eve -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 06:27 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

FW: 10 Minute Yoga & Core
10 Minute Walk

I don't like traditional yoga, but I like how Michelle's "yoga" workouts are basically like stretching and Pilates inspired. This one was pretty much all standing abs with a few squats and stretching. I liked it.

Carol, thank you! I'm enjoying her 10 minute workouts so far! Congrats on your blood work! I'm trying to catch up on personals.

Donna, thank you too! I hope the supplement helps if you try it. I recommended it to several family and friends and so far, they all love it. I'm sorry about the work situation. How is your daughter doing?

I got in touch with Linda, she's okay. She's going to check-in at some point to share.

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 08:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Ladies, I am sorry to go AWOL. I didn't realize I had been gone so long. I am just a bit weary. I am still exercising..mostly kettlebells and Classical stretch.

I'll try to catch up late tonight

Hugs all around in the meantime!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 08:57 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Cathe - LITE: Upper Body Stacked Sets - Timesaver #9 - 20 minutes & Extended Stretch #2 - 9 minutes

I'm really tired tonight - I may not get my pilates added on later. Not sure why I'm so tired - I noticed it at work this afternoon. I can still taste and smell though!

Cathe's extended stretch was challenging for me. I really need to be adding on a "significant" stretch every day. I can tell I haven't been stretching enough.

Christine - Thanks! My bloodwork is not where I want it to be, but it is better. I take a supplement (don't report me please) called Tranquil Sleep - it has all kinds of good stuff in it and does help me sleep, but I still wake up frequently. At least I can fall asleep fairly easily. I like Michelle's "yoga" as well.

Donna - I know what you mean re: Pahla. As you can see, I'm ready for a little variety too, hence the Cathe workouts. We have a staff member who sounds similar to the person you were dealing with. Her communication style is just awful and coming from me, that must mean it's pretty bad. I don't usually notice that sort of thing. You know, work would be great, except for all those pesky people...

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 11:05 PM  
fanofladyvols

Catching up!

Donna congrats to you and your daughter. Good for you standing out there in the rain logging your good mama time! Also, good job hanging in with that Pahla rotation. You make me curious about new Adrienne...I haven't done anything of hers in ages. Got too into Jill Miller I guess.

Carol congrats on your blood work and I hope the new supplement you are trying helps with the blood sugar readings. Sorry you're feeling tired. You might need to adjust some macros in accordance to the level of activities you're doing a bit more. I use the tired feeling as a cue to evaluate my intake.

Dana I am sorry about your car. I understand..not sure I shared this before but I got hit from behind trying to make a left turn at a light by a bozo who was waving at a friend last year. Then he tried to hide in the parking driving around so my husband followed him and he finally turned around and came back. Crazy young fool. I spent the next 20 minutes chewing him out like he was my kid for being such an idiot and making things worse trying to dodge. I know ..not my place. But his behavior triggered mom response, lol.

Brenda good to hear you made things simpler for your life. Good luck with what's left!

Christine I'm glad you found some helpful ways to keep movement in your life.

My pilates has been off a Beach Pilates set with Shelly McDonald and Jen Tilley. Currently the Pilates plus DVD. Love the outdoor setting and their loosey goosey attitude and giggles. I think it may have to do with needing some light-heartedness.

Keep up the good work you guys!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

TGIF!

Yesterday I squeezed in CS 1110 during the day - and then later in the day I walked w/ my DD and Golden. It was a nice day yesterday -so I just had to get out. The weekend is going to be cold...like highs in the 30's which is miserable to me....I have become such a cold weather wimp.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 21 - Weight Training. This was all weights - all slow paced - one minute intervals. Low dread.

Rebekah Rothstein - Buff Bones - this is a workout she did for Jessica Valent as a guest instructor. It was slow moving, but I enjoyed it - a mix if PT, education about bone health and a bit of Pilates. I am tempted by her Buff Bones subscription, but it seems pricey for what you get - a 5 min video every day for $15/month. I guess I could look at is a .50 per day....LOL. I like her approach though. I may join Pilates AnyTime at some point to take advantage of the workouts she has there, I think you can get 30 days for free w/ the code "Rothstein"...so that is something to think about for the future.

Later today I will get some yoga in - I think something w/ Jill Miller....feeling the need for some PT in my yoga today.

Linda - good to hear from you - I was getting worried b/c I hadn't seen you here in awhile! And, w/ the way things have been going...it is easy to worry these days....Funny, I just said I felt like doing some Jill Miller! LOL!

Carol - hope you are feeling more energetic --- sometimes we just get tired...and as much as i like Pahla, I'm glad to be nearing the end of this rotation. I am sure I will begin missing her after a week or two w/ someone else, but I am feeling ready for a change....

Waves, Dana and Brenda!

Christine - I'm glad to see you back!! I like Michelle's "yoga" as well! I enjoy Denika's yoga, too, she has a paid site now, but I don't feel like joining anything long term these days. I still have Ellen and Jessica V. I suspended my Faithful Workouts subscription - I like that you can pause it! I figure I'll join back when I'm ready to use it more....

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 08:50 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Christine, it's so good to see you back again! Take it one step at the time and check in when you can.

JS 5 Mix and Match Miles, Mile 2 and 5 - 30min
ePilates Barre Focus Legs - 15min

Gotta run to the office this morning. It's sunny out but the high will be 16F (it's currently 12F) - just the way I like it.

I'll check back later with personals. Waves to all!
Old 01-22-21, 09:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, did you get your 2nd dose of Covid vaccine? I just read that Dr. Fauci stated that the side effects he'd experienced after his 2nd dose was fatigue and some chills as well as being a little achey. I hope you're feeling better today.
Old 01-22-21, 04:22 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

FW: 10 Min Legs
10 Minute Walk

Dana, thanks!

Donna, we're due for a very cold weekend too. It has been nice to get out and walk the past few days though. I didn't know Denika had a paid subscription now. I guess it's a family affair.

Linda, good to see you, and I'm glad you're doing well.

Carol, I forgot about not mentioning supplements here. Hope no one reports me either. The one you take sounds good!

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 10:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Cathe - LITE: Rev'd Up Rumble - Timesaver #3 - 28 minutes, 6 Pack Abs Bonus #1 - 10 minutes & Extended Stretch #1 - 12 minutes

Rev'd Up Rumble is probably my second favorite Cathe cardio workout. Decent music, not too over the top sequences, a couple of good timesaver premixes - make it a winner in my book. The bonus ab workouts in LITE are definitely not intermediate, at least not what I call intermediate. Oh well, progress not perfection...

Our metro area is leading the country in the percentage of population vaccinated with at least the first dose - almost 11%, almost 3% ahead of our nearest competitor. Yay for our public health department! In fact, I think 4 of the top ten metro areas are in Texas.

Christine - nice job with the 10 minute workouts from Michelle! I like that all of them (or almost all) are filmed outside. That always make the time go fast!

Dana - I have heard that as well about the second dose - and I've heard fever is not uncommon. My second dose is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. And, your weather - a high of 16 - sounds miserable to me.

Donna - Nice job! I did Rebekah's subscription, but decided it was not worth it, $ wise. The little 5 minute videos were nice, but if you missed doing one on the day it went out, there was no way to get to it the next day.

Linda - You are probably right about adjusting macros. That is something that I pay absolutely no attention to. Plus, my sleep sucks, it just does.

Yay for Saturday ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote