Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-21, 10:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post

Pam, Is this the Total Gym workout you did? I have a cheap knockoff of a Total Gym and I'm always looking for new workouts to do. https://tv.totalgymdirect.com/progra...ram?cid=129035
YES, that's the one! He has you start by raising the bench to a 5 or 6 level. By the time I got to Chest flys I had to lower the machine. But then he goes into rows and bicep curls and I could I have done those at the higher level...no problem. Todd is very friendly and does a pretty thorough program. I'm just getting used to the machine for the first time, so I'm sure I'll get better at knowing how to use the TG. This has been around forever and I can't believe I haven't succumbed to it...until now. I also love the XL squat stand that came with my TG Fit Max! It's so good for warming up the legs while reclining! How do you like your machine? Do you do any of the workouts from YouTube? Any favorites?

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was.....

Ellen - Slim Sculpt. To me, this is her hardest workout. I still enjoyed it though.

I may try to catch up w/ Pahla this afternoon...I like that her workouts are under 30 min b/c I can sneak them in during the day....

Yesterday I did CS 1109 as my afternoon break - after sitting through hours of meetings....

Pam - I have to admit, I have always wanted a Total Gym - it looks like a nice and versatile piece of equipment.....

wishiwasinhawaii - I feel the same way as you about work - I'm just done with it...even with changing jobs....I have zero enthusiasm for it and for what I do....but I figure I have to hang in there for at least another 4 years to see what goes w/ DD's college...I think she is leaning towards her in-state options which is really good financially for me - But I feel like I need to keep working for health insurance (even though I can get it through my employer at a discount) and for the "just in case" w/ my DD - like what if she doesn't graduate in 4 years, (scholarships are only good for 8 semesters usually) or what if she wants to transfer, etc. So, I do have to endure for at least another 4 years.....and probably beyond...for health insurance, etc. With any luck, after this pandemic is over we'll still be able to do quite a bit of working from home...that will at least make it bearable....

Waves, Sherry and Liz!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 04:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
Today was Dynamic Stretch. I usually get bored with stretch workouts and bail after about 10 minutes, but I actually enjoyed it and made it all the way to the end! Is Jessica's new stretch DVD similar to this workout?
Jessica's new Simply Stretch DVD is nothing like Dynamic Stretch. Simply Stretch has two main programs (Wall Stretching) and (Floor Stretching), as well as a brief 5 minute (Post workout Stretch) and a 10 minute (Chair Stretch.) Both of the main workouts I like very much. The wall stretch has some wonderful stretches for the shoulders (my favorite) though other areas of the body are benefitted, too! The DVD is worth getting, just for this one program alone, though I think it takes a couple times through to really get the right form and positioning against the wall to really feel good! The floor stretching I loved, also. She does some nice stretches for shoulders in this one, that I haven't seen much before. She also has some nice stretches for hips in pretzel position here. I wasn't great with her low squat with hands on the floor stretch and wider foot positioning. And, she does some interesting stretch for the ankles that are a bit like side and forward lunging, but knees extend past toes for targeting ankles more.
I always liked Jessica's previous (Chair Stretch) workouts and it was nice that she did include another one on this DVD so I'm not searching for her other ones. But I thought her brief (Post Workout Stretch) was almost a waste of time. It was so short...why bother with only a 5 minute stretch? But, there are some people who would skip a workout stretch altogether, so maybe this is for them? To get something in.

The format in Dynamic Stretch is completely different. Shot indoors with Debbie and Beth and a towel or yoga strap used for shoulder and spine stretches. Dynamic has a completely different feel.

Simply Stretch seems more of a physical therapy workout with some more advanced stretching of certain areas. This one is not always relaxing when you're trying to get into position, and proper position makes all the difference.

Current Rotation:
Old 01-20-21, 08:42 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Barefoot Fusion Sculpt. Work was very busy today so I didn't get to do my workout until now.

Donna, It really seems health insurance is the biggest obstacle to retiring before 65. I've been coming up with different scenarios trying to figure out a way to retire before that age and afford health insurance and I did figure out a couple of ways it could work, but I'd have to wait at least a couple of more years. At least you've tried some different jobs, but I've been doing the same thing for many years. I can do it without even thinking at this point, it's become so automatic. I agree working from home helps a lot and I'm hoping to continue that after COVID ends. I'm thinking if COVID ends a year from now and I'm forced to go back to the office, I may quit then!

Pam, Thanks for the info on Simply Stretch! I was on the fence about it, but it sounds like what I'm looking for so I just ordered it from Amazon. About the Total Gym, the one I have is not a real Total Gym so it doesn't have all the same features and there are some exercises I can't do, but it's very close. Mine has a squat stand too and I love it! When my knee was acting up recently, I used that to do squats and it took the pressure off my knee so I was able to do them without any pain. I actually didn't know there were video workouts for TG until kind of recently. I always used the little booklet that came with mine that had pictures of various exercises you can do. I've had mine for over 10 years and use it quite a bit. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of yours.
Old 01-20-21, 09:30 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was Goodwill day, with a couple of hours of walking. Today was Walk Strong 3 Tone and Flow, with 3 pound weights. I didn't sleep well last night, so needed something less strenuous.

I think I will start the WS3 rotation next week. I did something kind of frivolous and spent more than I usually do on dvds! I had bought WS3 on Purple Player, and always regretted it. I really wanted the dvds, I feel like I'll have the workouts forever that way. I keep thinking that it won't be online forever, but I'm probably just tech paranoid! Anyway, I now have the WS3 dvds, and used them today.

I have enjoyed working out with other instructors, but it's made me realize how much more I like Jessica, lol. I need to add in some walking each day. When I had my dogs, I walked them almost every day, and I haven't been good about it lately.

wishiwasinhawaii, my gray hair drives me nuts, lol. That's great you got a good review from your boss.

Donna, I now think my main problem is my piriformis, and my SI joint is a little sore now and then. I used my massage bar last night and that did the trick. I tend to forget about massage, and just stretch, but I need both.

Pam, I haven't tried the wall stretch from Simply Stretch. Unfortunately, I work out in my bedroom, and I don't have wall space, everything is covered by furniture. I haven't quite figure it out yet!

Waves to Liz!
Old 01-20-21, 10:20 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi again!

I realized forgot to post my workouts today!

Since I was still sore from the Total Gym (mostly in Upper Body) I didn't do Jessica's WS Total Body today (which was up next in the rotation!) Instead I just did Simply Stretch Wall and Floor stretches as well as Dynamic Stretch since I skipped it recently on the rotation.

I love how relaxing and calming Dynamic Stretch is, and it's always good to watch Debbie and Beth, too! I do mostly follow Jessica. She has another Dynamic Stretch workout on her Total Stretch DVD but I'm forgetting how they differ other than Total Stretch being filmed outside in a park with Jessica solo. Will have to do that one soon!

I really needed the stretching today. I wanted to add a bit of Pilates but ran out of time!

Donna, I love Ellen's Slim Sculpt. Basically anything she uses ight weights for is a favorite of mine. I think her hardest workout for me is Yogini!

Sherry, I feel Jessica's workouts have it all and most everything I need in a workout! And the variety she offers to mix and match different workouts. And, I love seeing Debbie, too! Jessica just has such a sweet vibe and good nature. Though there comes a time when I like to work out with other instructors, too! I've spent too much money on other workouts so I can't neglect them for too long!

Liz, how's WS3 going for you?

Current Rotation:
Old 01-21-21, 01:58 AM  
lizh

Hi there,
The start of the work week was just a blur after the 3 day weekend, so I am just now getting to post. However, I have been keeping up with my workouts and did Tone and Flow yesterday which is nice workout! (Sherry, I did it with 3 pounds too. I thought that was plenty!) And today was a workout I had never done from WS3 called "Deep Stretch" - not bad for a rest day. I think if I do it again and I know what is coming, I'll enjoy it more.

I haven't purchased Jessica's new Simply Stretch DVD so it was nice to hear your opinion Pam.

It is interesting to hear Donna and wishiwasinhawaii to talk about work. Ugh! I'm over it too. I really had some anxiety going back after the long weekend. I really like my job but it is always too darn busy! I want to keep working but we'll see. Working from home makes it so much easier though!

Sherry, come on and join me on the WS3 bandwagon! I'm starting week 2 tomorrow. (and don't feel bad about buying the purple player versions and the DVDs -- that is what I did with WS2!)

waves to all,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 09:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage to get Pahla's Day 19 workout in (which was walking and arm toning) and I also did Adriene's 30 Day Series - Day 8 'Snuggle' which was a nice, restorative practice. And, I needed it...one of the people I "supervise" has some major issues w/ communication and it was just a mess - she is a very diligent worker and has a good heart, but her communication style ends up alienating a lot of people - so yesterday was just really challenging dealing with that. And, I'm not really her supervisor, I'm her technical lead - so it is weird position to be in. which brings me to - gosh, I really want to retire!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla - Day 20 - low impact cardio & standing abs -

ePilates - 21 Day Challenge Day 3 - Abs (Pilates)

Jessica Valent - Open Your Heart Routine.

I hope to squeeze something in mid-day and then something in at the end of the day - we shall see what the day brings!

Liz - Good job keeping up w/ the rotation.

Pam - nice work!!

Sherry - I am thinking about Jessica for February - right now I'm leaning towards the Fusion February rotation and mixing up the DVD workouts w/ You Tube depending on what I feel like doing each day. As much as I like Pahla, i do feel that I'm getting to burn out now - and I'm looking forward to finishing up the rotation...I am sure I will go back to her again, but I think I'm ready for something new..

wishiwasinhawaii - I dread the thought of going back to the office - I just hope after working from home all this time that there is more flexibility about it in the future - it does make it better - and more bearable. I figure I have to at least work through my DD's Bachelor's Degree....so at least another 4 years to go..maybe more.....but, at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 02:09 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Walk Strong Day 22 (Total Body Training!)

Hi Ladies,

Today was Jessica's Total Body Training and well as Todd's Complete Beginner workout on the Total Gym! I also finished with Lara Hudson's 10 Minute Solution Pilates on the Ball (Flexibility segment!) I don't love how fast some of the 10MS DVDs are, but they are good for quick add ons.

Have a good one everyone! It's in the low 30's here, cold with some light snow flakes.

I want to continue with Jessica in February but not sure which rotation to do yet.

Current Rotation:
Old 01-21-21, 10:01 PM  
Leonana

Today was my volunteer work for the hospice office. I usually do the filing. I haven't worked out yet this evening, planning on a Jessica walk most likely. ETA: I did the first mile from the 4 Mile Walk dvd.

Pam, I agree about Jessica! The Total Gym sounds like a good add on to her workouts.

Liz, I'm glad I'm not the only one to buy the dvds too, ha ha. I guess it is a vidiot thing to do! Your posts about WS3 has made me want to try it again.

Donna, I'm sorry to hear about the office stress. I hope it resolves soon. Fusion February sounds good too.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy