Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-21, 01:02 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've never been the best at rotations. I've completed STS and Look Great in 8. I have workout ADD in a good year. That has become much worse since the virus took off.

I've been doing the following rotation for about two years. I plug in any workout that fits the theme for the day.

Sunday: Stretch, Mobility and/or Balance
Monday: Steady State Cardio
Tuesday: Upper/Abs & Intervals
Wednesday: SS Cardio, Mobility or Balance
Thursday: Lower/Abs
Friday: SS Cardio, Mobility or Balance
Saturday: Total Body Strength

I can use it in lots of ways. Currently, I'm on a periodization plan. I did high-rep strength for a few months. Now I'm doing medium weights. In a month or so, I'll do high weight/low reps. Rinse and repeat.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 01:37 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I've never been the best at rotations. I've completed STS and Look Great in 8. I have workout ADD in a good year. That has become much worse since the virus took off.

I've been doing the following rotation for about two years. I plug in any workout that fits the theme for the day.

Sunday: Stretch, Mobility and/or Balance
Monday: Steady State Cardio
Tuesday: Upper/Abs & Intervals
Wednesday: SS Cardio, Mobility or Balance
Thursday: Lower/Abs
Friday: SS Cardio, Mobility or Balance
Saturday: Total Body Strength

I can use it in lots of ways. Currently, I'm on a periodization plan. I did high-rep strength for a few months. Now I'm doing medium weights. In a month or so, I'll do high weight/low reps. Rinse and repeat.

I kinda like this! I'm not up to quite than many workouts in a week lol cause I've REALLY let myself go, but I could tone it down to the 4-5 days I could do and plug and play
Old 01-18-21, 02:03 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I kinda like this! I'm not up to quite than many workouts in a week lol cause I've REALLY let myself go, but I could tone it down to the 4-5 days I could do and plug and play
Rhonda, sometimes (and especially in the last year) the "Stretch, Mobility and/or Balance" days can be a short 10-minute stretch or foam rolling or qi gong routine. I think I've kept to this rotation so long because of the built in "whatever" days.

And lately, I've been skipping the "Intervals" part...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 03:08 PM  
Cola

i enjoy following rotations (in 2020 i did weider x-factor-st, all taebo basic live workouts, all taebo advanced live workouts, and turbo jam) but after i finish a prescribed rotation i like to do my own 'variety' rotation for a while and bounce around my dvd collection.

there are exercises that i do every day like cardio, abs and stretching, but each week my variety rotation also includes one workout from each of: cardio+sculpt, kickboxing, sculpt, floor aerobics, stability ball, and a longer yoga.
Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 01:02 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I have *never* done a rotation in my life! I just do what I feel like in the morning (and I often have a rough idea when I go to sleep and just see how I feel when I wake up in the morning and 90% of the time, I stick with the plan... unless I wake up late, the kids or work throw a monkey wrench in my plans and/or I am feeling sore from a prior day's workout and need to vary things up for recovery's sake). I almost always get 10K steps in per day (so DVDs and YouTube can help to get up to 5K of those steps depending on what workout I do) + do strength training at least 2x per week (usually splits for upper body vs lower body so it's really 4x per week) + yoga 2x per week + tagged on abs/core 2x per week. And on weekends and days off, biking and hiking with hubby, friends and/or the kids takes precedence!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout add