Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-05-20, 06:04 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

There is a Powerstrike 3. It is the first dvd Ilaria made. It is Millennium 3. All the old time VFers will remember Ilaria and Patricia first made recordings of their live classes. They were awesome but the sound quality was bad. Those were only on VHS. The first professionally made workouts Ilaria and Patricia made were Millennium 1 and 2 only on VHS. No matter how much we begged, she refused to convert these to DVD. Then she released Millennium 3 as her first dvd and the last workout she made with Patricia.

I too have been hunting for 4, 6 and 7 and Athletica 1 for the last couple of months. I have all the others minus a couple of her original VHS classes. If anybody happens to want to part with Advanced 1 and 2 or Kicks Only and Impact, please let me know.

As an aside I still have Millennium 1 and 2 if anybody out there has the capability of making DVDrs out of them for me I’d absolutely be over the moon. I keep them hoping someday I’ll be able to do it myself but I don’t have a lot of VHS to convert. Not sure if it’s worth the cost of the equipment for just a handful of tapes.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 06:24 PM  
sherry7899

I can see if my husband can convert the VHS of 1and 2 to dvdr before I mail them to Kim. I knew how with our old set up, but not with the current machine we have. I will let you know.

They do not even make the machine we use anymore. They sell used ones for $700 on Amazon! I think it cost 1/4 of that when we bought it!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 08:02 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Oh, that would be fantastic. Thanks so much, Sherry!!
Old 12-05-20, 08:06 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Oh, that would be fantastic. Thanks so much, Sherry!!
You are welcome! We are doing it right now. I will know it worked at the end if it will let us finalize the disc at the end. I will update later. Such an exciting Saturday night here.

Old 12-05-20, 08:27 PM  
bubbles76

Cjayd I have Powerstrike 6, without the original artwork, in a slim line case if you would like it..
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 10:58 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Cjayd I have Powerstrike 6, without the original artwork, in a slim line case if you would like it..
Bubbles! Thanks so much. I’m sending you a pm!
Old 12-05-20, 11:02 PM  
sherry7899

Cyjad, it did work . Please pm me with your address.

Old 12-07-20, 08:12 AM  
Rhonda

I am loving the powerstrikes. I have them all but not the ones that were on VHS, I don't have a VCR so I never could search for them.

I also have Millenium 3 with Patricia.

I liked the banter back and forth between the two and was sorry to see them split up but I like Ilaria and her physique is awesome.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 09:22 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I just rounded out my Ilaria collection with Mary's latest sale -- I now have Powerstrikes 4-7, Bodystrikes 1-3, Atletica 1-4. But is that all that are readily available?

Also, how are the Forza workouts? Kind of intriguing.

I'm absolutely loving these again, I haven't done them in a few years. But now I really am enjoying the low impact but really feeling worked out by these. I really appreciate these now that I'm older.

Can anyone think of any other kickboxing workouts that are similar? (low impact but deliver this level of workout, you know?)
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 10:14 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Can anyone think of any other kickboxing workouts that are similar? (low impact but deliver this level of workout, you know?)
I love Powerstrike but if you can get your hands on Les Mills (not Beachbody) Body Combats I think they are hands down the best kickboxing workouts made. The best Body Combats IMHO are anything between 40 through the 60s. After the 60s, the music isn’t as good, and the vibe is different.

I personally feel like all kickboxing workouts are low impact if you ground any of the jump kicks. I find them pretty friendly to all levels and ages because of that but can be very intense if you punch and kick for real.

Tags
athletica, bodystrike, ilaria, ilaria montagnani, ilaria montegnani, powerstrike