Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-20, 09:03 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Nice finds! I have found 1 KCM workout in all my thrifting- Muscle Definition. The dvd worked a few times, but the last few times I tried it I couldn't get it to play.

I LOVE the step bonus on Strength and Stamina. I've done that more than the regular workouts on this dvd.
I noticed that it had a step workout. I don't do them often, but am looking forward to trying it out.
Old 11-24-20, 08:07 PM  
Leonana

Found three dvd's at Goodwill, each of them 97 cents after my 25% senior discount. One of the few times I'm happy to be over 55, lol.

I bought two Pink Firms. Pump, jump 'n jab with Kelsie Daniels, and Ultimate Fat Burning with Alison Davis. Both dvd's look barely used.

I also bought a band workout, 10MS Tone Trouble Zones with Amy Bento. It was brand new in the package, and has the band. It was worth the price just to get another new band!

I'm looking forward to trying them all out.
Old 11-24-20, 08:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sherry that Amy Bento is a good find. lucky you getting the band, too.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 09:27 PM  
anetta

Great finds, Sherry.

Don't you love getting a senior discount? It bothers some people, but I ask wherever I go if they give a discount

Anita

PS love the photo of your cat.
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 10:57 PM  
Taiga

Found a P90X set today complete with books, bands and a set of perfect push-up handles. The discs look new/unused and my set has seen quite a bit of use over the years. I decided to plunk down the $5.59 required and figured the 3 new/sealed bands would make it worthwhile either way. They feel great

I also found a sealed Yoga Burn set (6 dvds) for the same price. I'm thinking about adding more yoga in January and I figured it was worth a try. I remember looking at a highly annoying infomercial for this set a long while back but the clips looked good as I recall. I checked the price on Ebay and it is listed from about $70-$115. I would not have paid more than $10 Lol

All in all I did well for about a grand total of ~ $11.
Old 11-24-20, 11:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Taiga, you scored! and P90x - that wasn't a Plunk, it was a tiny plink for everything that it came with!

Yoga Burn - what series was that - was it Zoe Bray Cotton? We've uploaded 2 of the series (4 of the monthlies and Booty series) so far in the VF "Combinations" forum that provides chaptering. another score for you.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 01:05 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Taiga, you scored! and P90x - that wasn't a Plunk, it was a tiny plink for everything that it came with!

Yoga Burn - what series was that - was it Zoe Bray Cotton? We've uploaded 2 of the series (4 of the monthlies and Booty series) so far in the VF "Combinations" forum that provides chaptering. another score for you.
Yes, it was Zoe--her 6 "monthly" workouts. I didn't have time to preview but I'm hoping to do that over the holiday. Did you like them? For 5 bucks, it was a low risk venture
Old 11-25-20, 02:42 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Yes, it was Zoe--her 6 "monthly" workouts. I didn't have time to preview but I'm hoping to do that over the holiday. Did you like them? For 5 bucks, it was a low risk venture
the entire Monthly series - that is a major score!

so far, i've only done 3 from the Booty Challenge set. i'm no rockstar, but i would say it's like high beginner? BC is LB based as expected. it's not real yoga. it's more like barre to me. and i've had much more challenging barre, and even harder yoga for that matter. again, i am no rockstar.

my impressions of the few i did from BC are here:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229548

i have Month 1 from the Monthly series and i have TB Challenge. haven't tried them just yet.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 08:57 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
WELL DONE, Taiga!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 11:29 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Sherry that Amy Bento is a good find. lucky you getting the band, too.
It was lucky! Usually the band is gone once it's opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
Great finds, Sherry.

Don't you love getting a senior discount? It bothers some people, but I ask wherever I go if they give a discount

Anita

PS love the photo of your cat.
Yes, I love the discount! It's why I go every Tuesday, it's Senior Discount day.

Thanks! She is Delilah. Her brother is Samson. My husband named them, lol. We also have a Garfield clone named Rajah.

Quote:
Found a P90X set today complete with books, bands and a set of perfect push-up handles. The discs look new/unused and my set has seen quite a bit of use over the years. I decided to plunk down the $5.59 required and figured the 3 new/sealed bands would make it worthwhile either way. They feel great

I also found a sealed Yoga Burn set (6 dvds) for the same price. I'm thinking about adding more yoga in January and I figured it was worth a try. I remember looking at a highly annoying infomercial for this set a long while back but the clips looked good as I recall. I checked the price on Ebay and it is listed from about $70-$115. I would not have paid more than $10 Lol

Those are great finds!

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds