Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-20, 08:19 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
....The total STS set was a deal of the day today which I combined with the additional bundle discount for a stellar deal of $82 and some change. I figured it won't get much better than that even for Black Friday (will it?) so I ordered the whole set...
Unless they do something entirely different, the Black Friday price for STS is typically around $84-$86 so you did great!! More importantly, you are about to have some serious fun getting ripped
Old 10-29-20, 09:25 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday!

It was fun to read all of the Cathe favorites. My favorite series is X-Train (followed by STS an Fit/Split) and my favorite single cardio workout is Imax2.

The Cathe Live today 320- "Halloween Live" was so much fun! Cathe dressed as a witch and she had two "sister witches" with her. It was nice to see others in the workout. The costumes were fun and they wore witch themed face masks. The remarks that Cathe and the sister witches made were so funny! Cathe said so many uncharacteristic remarks like "idiot," "stupid," etc.(in keeping with the theme) that I kept laughing and smiling. This was an express (30 minute) upper body/cardio workout. It was on the very easy side but if you laughed like I did you probably could not do anything too strenuous. This was just what the doctor ordered for me. I truly needed a fun filled day and Cathe made my day. I am still smiling.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 09:51 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Unless they do something entirely different, the Black Friday price for STS is typically around $84-$86 so you did great!! More importantly, you are about to have some serious fun getting ripped
Thank you for this!! Now I feel way less guilty and am happy I bought, hah!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 09:51 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Horusosiris, thank you for the report on the Live!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 11:22 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, that seems like a screaming deal on STS -- though not as good as meso 1 for $5!!!

Oh, and kittybug, wow, I meant to comment on your CardioCraze from the other day -- both hiits + the pyramid bonus! You rock!! cataddict, I can imagine the high impact one seemed tough after the low first. I did not find high impact "easy" personally, I could just see how others in better Cathe shape might feel that way with no jumping onto a high step, etc. I don't know that I will ever attempt both of them together, but I'm going to try adding the pyramid onto the low impact when I try it.

horusosiris, it was fun seeing people's favorites. I forget about IMAX 2. I used to love that -- so much fun. I need to do it again but I'm a little afraid since I don't have that stamina and speed any more.

This morning I had mobility + core bonus on tap. The whole time I was doing it I was wondering what I would add on afterward and toward the end..... doh! Why don't I just do the yoga? So I did all. I liked it ok. I totally get why manleym said it's not Udaya -- I've done enough Cathe "yoga" over the years that my expectations were low, so that probably helped. I could see myself doing the mobility part again but I'm not sure I'll reach for the yoga. My only complaint with the mobility was her cueing! Usually she's so good but on this one (maybe it's because I've been doing so much yoga and they're really good about it) there were definitely times we could not be looking at the screen and she was chatting about whatever when it seemed she should have been giving better instruction.

lavna and others who struggled with the yoga and with flexibility in general: I would encourage you to find some easier yoga that has some appeal to you. For me it was Steve Ross yoga (which you can find some of on youtube and also daily motion). He has fun great music hits in the background and that really helped my enjoyment but it also was easy enough for me. Plus because it originally aired on the Oprah network it is broken into fifteen minute chunks. I would encourage you to try to do a little bit of yoga every day and maybe some days a little bit longer. You will definitely make progress with your flexibility! But the key is finding something you enjoy in the beginning to make sure you'll stick with it. Maybe a nice background? There's a bunch of yoga on youtube set in beautiful places. At any rate, if I hadn't been doing regular yoga I can tell you I would not have enjoyed the Perfect 30 yoga at all -- it would have been torture for me in earlier days.

That Cathe live for Halloween sounds so fun! It makes me happy to think of Cathe being playful with the workouts that way.

Halloween is so close! Not sure our big plans are going to come to fruition but I'm sure we'll do something a little special.

Have a great day, all!
Old 10-29-20, 11:26 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

What fun posts you guys!!!
I love all the fun you're having and working hard too.
Great job on STS at such a cheap price!
Cathe Live Halloween!!
So today I tried a couple of totally untried workouts. I have been dreading STS Step Moves and Athletic Step. I have never ever done them since the day I got Shock Cardio.
Now I know why.

Step Moves wasn't actually too bad although I got lost on some of the choreography. Luckily you repeat it enough I could catch on, but never did give it my all as I was still figuring out the steps.
Then I added on Athletic Step. Nope...got so totally lost on the moves and Cathe really cues late on both of them.

But I tried and now I've done them. I must say I probably won't do them again and I have other Cathe step workouts that I like much better. And now I have done all my STS Shock Cardio workouts.

Tomorrow is my last STS. I am really excited to try Perfect 30.

Stay well and safe!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 02:35 PM  
manleym

Hi All! Happy almost Friday! Love reading your posts!

cataddict, you cracked me up when you said you might have to resign from the Fierce Watulans to join the Wimpy Watulans! There's nothing wimpy about you - over there twirling, spinning, twisting with Patrick You're doing workouts I'm too scared to do! I'd be staring at the screen!
I agree with doing the high impact workout 1st, and then the low impact, if you're doing both of them on the same day. That will be the premix I try next week. Agree with you and bee that adding the step MOST OFTEN makes the workout harder.

Tracie Long mobility workouts - I like them all but probably for just a mobility, stretch workout I like Core Movements 1 Loosen Up and Core Movements 5 Push Back. They are all good, but the others might have more of a very slight cardio factor because you use bands, weights, lightweight ball. Loosen Up uses a foam roller and Push Back doesn't use any equipment. I did Push Back this morning and it just flew!

Kim HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY! What a milestone! I hope ya'll can do something special. Congratulations!

horusosiris I saw the clip of Cathe's Halloween workout on Youtube. Looked so fun! I just kept wondering how in the world they were able to breathe and do a workout in those costumes and masks! But as you pointed out, it was pretty easy so I'm sure they had no trouble. Sounds like a much needed laugh and diversion.

bee agree about Cathe's cueing. There were a couple of times when I had to look at her to see what she was doing. We don't have any Halloween plans. We bought a bag of candy so it will be interesting to see if any kids show up or not. We have a few families with little kids on our block, but not a ton. I would like to see them dressed up though! That's always fun. Hubby has already laid claim to the bag of candy.

KateTT Athletic Step and Step Moves are not my favorite Cathe step workouts either. I think I've done each of them once. Partly due to the cueing, but also the music. Cathe has MUCH better step workouts.

So I had a thought regarding STS. Ya'll may be ready to start, but would anyone be interested in starting an STS rotation in January? I was thinking that with the holidays coming up (not like we can go anywhere ) it may be harder to see results and be consistent. Just throwing it out there.

Yesterday I did Perfect 30 Yoga Strength & Flexibility + Core Bonus. It was a good stretch but I thought Cathe has some awkward transitions, like getting into Warrior 2, and I thought some of the cueing was a bit late. Next time I might try the yoga and mobility together, or I might just use some of the timesaver premixes for a quick stretch.

THEN I did Lower Body + Lower Body Bonus + Extended Stretch and REALLY liked it! This workout just flew by! I did notice the music in this one. I was ready for the Superstar song to be over. It seemed to go on forever!! I need to look at the premixes again because I think it would be great if there's a premix that doubles the lower body workout.

Today I'm going to do the Low Impact HiiT + Pyramid Cardio HiiT Bonus + Extended Stretch.

Waves and hugs to all!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 03:25 PM  
ChelePA

Happy Anniversary Kim!!! What a wonderful milestone

Not much sleep last night so I kept it easy today. Kat has a new step video with her twin sister. Basic step #6. It was around 30 minutes. Super easy choreography for a lighter steady state cardio. You can always use an 8 inch step height or add power to the moves to increase intensity. Loved the music! Also really enjoyed seeing her sister in the video. Reminded me of the days my sister and I took step classes together. You can definitely tell her sister doesn’t do her classes very often. Ha ha. She didn’t always have the moves down and they were very basic.

I added on Cathe’s Yoga at the end. I will definitely be using this one and the mobility one to cool down and stretch. Not always the full workouts. Probably the timesaver or mish mosh premixes to change things up a bit.

My daughter and I packed about 80 goodie bags for Halloween. We usually get over 100 kids but I’m not so sure this year because of Covid. My husband is pretty conservative and cautious so he does not want us answering the door. I love seeing the costumes but I understand his concern. Therefore, we will put the candy out on our front porch.

Love reading everyone’s reviews. You ladies are definitely fierce. Doing both Hiits plus bonus. Talking about doubling up the pump workouts. Wow!!! Super impressed.

My only minor complaints with this new release was how I mentioned that I wish there was more of a variety for the premixes. I also like to work with the beat of the music and she often does not with most of the exercises on Perfect Pump. I’m thinking of doing the Xtrain/Perfect 30 rotation beginning November 1st. I think this series works great as a rotation if you are pressed for time or want a lighter month, but I think I will always use it in combo with another series.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 06:52 PM  
horusosiris

Smile

TGIF. I am still sometime so mixed up about what day it is.

Manelym- I forgot to answer your question about the wine fridge. DH said that he s going to buy it for the holidays. I will report back once it arrives.

Manelym and Kate- I agree wit your assessments of Step Moves and Athletic Step.The lower body double premix should be awesome. I must have missed that premix.

Bee - if you decide to do Imax 2, let me know and I will do it with you. I am always up for Imax2.

Kim - I must have missed your post about your anniversary. Congrats to you on reaching that milestone!

Chel- I agree with you about wanting more variety with the premixes. We usually have a Halloween party but with everything going on, it is now ut of the question for this year. DH and one of my sons made a "spook house" on the yard. You can just go in and pick your bag of treats.

Bee- I am among those who have to/need to concentrate on flexibility. Surprisingly, doing a healthy dose of Sleek has helped with this. I enjoy Travis' practices. For me, his voice is relaxing and soothing. I also love some of the reflections and comments that he makes.

Kate- your last STS workout- congrats to you. You are indeed fierce!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 07:36 PM  
lavna

Happy Thursday everyone!

Yesterday, I did the Yoga workout. I liked it very much. The poses are not held or repeated too much: just enough. I'm sure I'll be coming back to it. I usually do Essentrics for stretching but the yoga and mobility workouts have more twists which will complement my other stretch workouts. I have to say that I did the mobility workout after a long day of Yard max so maybe it wasn't the best conditions to try that type of workout.

Today, I did the LB + UB combined. I got a good workout just under 1 hr!

To answer horusosiris' questions:
1. Favorite workout and series: Hard to pick but I would say Ramped up UB and RWH!
2. Workout plans for November and December: I don't have any! I tend to choose my workouts according to how I feel and the time that I have.

Kim: Congrats on your 30th anniversary! What's the saying: time flies when your having fun! Funny about Finley getting mixed up in your feet! I liked the Heisman move too!

Kate and kittybug: Splits! Wow!

cataddict: I think I'll join you in the Wimpy Watulans group! I found some of the workouts advanced too!

horusosiris: I too wish it was TGIF: This evening I was always under the impression that it was Friday and had to remind myself that no, we re still Thursday!

ChlePA: I hope you'll have a better night this evening! Even though I only got the downloads this time (so no premixes), I agree that the premixes are not very creative. They follow that same pattern of her recent releases. For example, I don't know why she didn't have a premix the alternates the hogh impact and low impact segment. She did 2 Lives (31 and 32) like that based on her RwH Hiits workouts. I'm not sure we're ever going to see premixes like in 4DS or other series.

Kate: I hope you like Perfect30!

Waves to manleym and bee and others I might have missed!
Have a great evening all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in