Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-20, 11:22 AM  
Gams

OT but kind of funny

So this morning I’m at the cemetery mowing, swearing under my breath at all the people who leave junk out there that’s not allowed. I started coming down one row and see a big black trash bag towards the end of the row and that makes me swear at people even more. I get closer and see the bag swaying in the wind. And then I get even closer and the “bag” is looking directly at me. The bag was a black bear! I scrambled into the Jeep, but couldn’t help but laugh. 😄
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 11:34 AM  
fanofladyvols

Eek ..kinda funny and kinda scary!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 11:45 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Eek! It's not OT. You were mowing and then ran. That's exercise.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 11:54 AM  
CharM

Quote:
I get closer and see the bag swaying in the wind. And then I get even closer and the “bag” is looking directly at me.
LOL He was dancing to the music in his head and he looked at you wondering why you weren't dancing, too.
I've always wanted to see a bear in person, but not that close!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 12:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

EEK!!! That is scary! Glad you're fit enough to have sprinted into the Jeep safely and were able to even laugh about it to boot! I agree that it's not OT at all.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 12:04 PM  
Gams

I keep thinking someone’s going to call and say I missed a spot and would I go back and do a touch up.. The answer is “no”.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 12:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i am glad you are alive!

my mom had a similar experience except it turned out to be a brown land turtle! she thought it was a rock!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 12:25 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm so afraid of bears. My SIL has them wandering through her yard (with cubs) regularly.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 01:13 PM  
PhyllisG

Funny and scary. I came face to face with a black bear walking my dog in the woods. For one second the thought Is that a bear? Yes it is. I turned and ran. Everybody says not to run. Bet they never met a bear. The bear couldn’t have cared less about me. Just went on eating.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 01:36 PM  
Vantreesta

A few years ago when we were camping in the remote Boundary Waters Canoe Area we had a bear in camp overnight. Our food was hung in the tree like it's supposed to be but it came up out of the water (we were on an island) and went right to the dead tree where I had planned to set up our tent! So glad hubby vetoed my choice!

My parents used to own a campground in northern MN and we saw bears regularly. The garbage cans had to be picked up nightly and locked up to keep them from wandering through the camping area but often they would tip over the big dumpster or just dig in it. The dumpster was just past the garage, not that far from the house. At least once we sat in the back of Dad's pickup and watched one go through the dumpster. Made us extra big fans of The Great Outdoors with John Candy! Big-b-b-big, big bear! Big bear chase!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote