Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-16, 10:54 AM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I really think consistency is the key...moving every day.
I agree with this 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, but it would be some kind of loose rotation.
I agree with this as well.

My own "rotation" is very loose, and I don't always follow it.

Mon, Wed, Fri: Cardio (usually a walking workout)
Tue, Thu: Strength (Margaret Richard, KCM, Chris Freytag, etc.)
Sat-Sun: Whatever (barre, yoga, time to play with untried workouts, etc.)

It works for me!
Old 02-09-16, 11:34 AM  
Aunt Famous

I wish I could follow a rotation. I have tried once -- and was a proud graduate of Supreme 42. Because I just couldn't make it through the entire 90 day program.

Exercise -- for me, at least -- is a game day decision. I have a loose idea of what I should be doing, and I have some definites (Zumba class on Monday, the spin classes I teach, 10K steps a day), but otherwise, I gauge how I feel and I go.

Am I getting great results? Well, my clothes fit and my husband thinks I'm hot. So . . . yeah.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 04:13 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Ok....I think you all have given me a LOT to think about. I've never really gotten good results in my life....and I always flit around from this to that and never follow a rotation!! I think I need to buckle down and do a rotation!! I need a plan! I NEVER have a plan either! My diet is not the problem. I am not eating too much...so that is not why I'm not seeing results. I AM a cardio hater and do need to find ways to get more cardio in also.

The only problems with Rotations, is when I find something I like......like right now...I like Hammer & Chisel.....but I've been thinking of doing a TA rotation.......so I kind of want to do both of them some how......It's like only doing one of them would bore me. Maybe I can do H&C for 3 weeks and TA for 3 weeks and do that for a period of time?

What does everyone think? Oh and of course I'll always have to have my Kundalini Yoga in there....as I always practice! I still think this would be a big step for me.

Everyone is right in that there is science in the rotations.....so what would be a good time period for me to stick with each if I need the variety of doing 2 things?

I'm a HUGE believer in keeping my rotations, generic. This works really well for me.

I've posted this before, but I only do TA three times a week, and I do strength work 3 times a week most of the time. There are times that I do strength work 4-5 times (like I'm doing this week), but when I do this, they are afternoon workouts at the gym. This has worked really well for me.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 05:36 PM  
MsThistlebottom

I've also had the best success following some kind of generic plan to make sure that my workouts are well balanced. I really like the planning calendars from X-TrainFit (even though they misspelled calendar at the top). Want to emphasis cardio? Strength training? You can plug in the workouts you have and add rest days anywhere.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 05:43 PM  
alisoncooks

I've never really followed a specific rotation, but I have followed loose/generic rotations with good results.

Something like:
strength or barre 3x a week
cardio 2x a week
1 day yoga or stretch

Then I fill in the blanks with whatever I want at the moment. When I had the best results, I was sticking with a specific "brand" of barre or strength (ie. just Bar Method or just Jari Love). My cardio was all on the recumbent bike, so I wasn't dvd hopping...I imagine as long as the intensity was the same, I'd have gotten similar results.

One time I did a Powerfit Harmony "rotation", but it was pretty much just 1x through all the workouts in the set. The results were what I was hoping for at the time = getting consistency with my workouts.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 05:44 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I've also had the best success following some kind of generic plan to make sure that my workouts are well balanced. I really like the planning calendars from X-TrainFit (even though they misspelled calendar at the top). Want to emphasis cardio? Strength training? You can plug in the workouts you have and add rest days anywhere.
Those are neat! Thanks for sharing.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-16, 10:09 PM  
momof10

I have always followed a rotation which I figure out on my own. I am very disciplined with sticking to a rotation, too, since I make the rotation up myself I know what I am capable of and how I want to challenge myself. The key for me is challenging myself not only physically, but mentally.

I have always had awesome results. Results for me depends on what I am working on, though. I always work on lifting my glutes so that is one result I have had with sticking with a rotation. Also, I love defined abs and upper body.

i have found through the years many different ways to challenge myself. Right now, I am into doing all my strength training on my Bellicon and using the rim and the wall for my resistance and I do use weights while on the rebounder, too, because working in my balance has always been a goal for me. I need that more than ever now since I had my hip replacement and I have been advised its best not to fall because it could break.

Cheryl
Old 02-13-16, 11:21 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
So, I've asked the question before if you get better results following a rotation....but for some reason, I tend to favor doing a different workout every day....no matter how much I talk to myself and try to say "you should try a rotation....and see how it works".....I always say I'm going to get around to it....but I have ADD and I'm always here and there with my workout program and favor variety. Really the only thing I do consistently is Kundalini yoga.....as I do it about every day....in addition to my other workouts.

I remember once reading an article in a magazine where a Celeb trainer said...I give my Client a different workout every day....it keeps their muscles guessing.

So can you get results as far as muscle definition and weight loss, toning, and such with doing a different workout every day?

Am I ruining my chance for my best results? If so, I will become more disciplined and do a rotation.....finally!!!
I always follow one, but go but the "categories".

Tags
consistency, results, rotation, workout consistency, workout focus