Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-12, 09:36 AM  
fit44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
If I were to reacquire one Mesocycle from STS, which one was your favorite?
Tough one to answer for me. I love one & two for different reasons. I think meso 2 is my favorite though.
Meso one has a lot of push-ups that I love to hate. The push-ups give me a lot of upper body definition.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 09:46 AM  
zippity

I love this thread! I almost consider STS Meso 1 a cardio/metabolic training workout because I don't let my heart rate get out of training zone.

I just did Meso 1 Discs 4-9, six strength workouts in a 7-day period, mostly because I wanted to get the last three discs completed before I went to visit my mom, and for me it was tough to strength train so many days in a row, but I see why so many people train this way. As long as you plan the workouts so you don't overtrain, then I think it's absolutely doable.

My favourite mesocycle was 3 because I like lifting heavy and doing plyo legs; I just recently got the squat rack dvds because, well, I wanted to and I think it would be fun to try doing two leg days in Meso 3.

If I could only get one Meso I'd choose Meso 3 because Cathe has other workouts that could be subbed for Mesos 1 and 2 (LIS Trisets, STS total body) but nothing to my knowledge like Meso 3. If there is anything like Meso 3, I'd like to know about it to add it to my "buy" list.

With some creative planning, it might be possible to combine systems to that you'd have more variety in your workout week. For example:

Hope this helps!
Old 06-04-12, 09:52 AM  
mle777

Thank you for all of the responses I think I'll try the modified CLX rotation and eventually trade for one of the Mesocycles

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 06:38 PM  
normandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
... If I could only get one Meso I'd choose Meso 3 because Cathe has other workouts that could be subbed for Mesos 1 and 2 (LIS Trisets, STS total body) but nothing to my knowledge like Meso 3. If there is anything like Meso 3, I'd like to know about it to add it to my "buy" list. ...
I'm in the reverrse position -- I just got Meso 3 but haven't tried it yet, but from the description, I think you'd like Cathe's Slow and Heavy. It's all on one dvd,but it's very easy to mix and match the different body part workouts. I have almost every Cathe weight workout, and that's still one of my favorites. And minimum equipment required! You can of course preview it on her site.
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-14, 06:51 AM  
daisyduke

Resurrecting my old thread as I've just started body beast. I'm hoping it works just well. I won't be adding any cardio. Build legs was yesterday and i was huffing and puffing.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-14, 12:18 AM  
lisarah

I LOVE body beast (never made it though the full rotation but that's just my exercise ADD). I've just re-started JNL fusion & plan to do body beast after. Good luck & lift heavy!

ETA: I posted in this old thread previously & I still feel the same!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-14, 12:31 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I guess we are all different, I can't shed lbs without doing cardio.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heavy weights, strength training, sts double up, weights only