Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-15-11, 04:22 AM  
PhyllisG

Congratulations! I have also found that adding Leslie to my routine for 2, 3 or even 4 mile every day for 6 days did make a difference. Never thought I would be saying this but it works--at least for me. Rather than alternating strength and cardio, walking every day made the difference. So you inspire me to keep going with this. I am also doing Meta Omni which has really produced results.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 12:00 PM  
sunday

Phyllis - Thanks! I agree. I was doing Dove, Jari, Ellen, you name it. Anything with cardio mixed with weights. Nothing. I'm probably the only person on the planet who did not get any results with SS, and I did the whole rotation to a T. Doing separate, low impact, steady state cardio has been the key!! Now I am looking at things totally differently, wanting to keep toning and cardio separate. That's why TA is fitting in so well.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 12:13 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Doing separate, low impact, steady state cardio has been the key!! Now I am looking at things totally differently, wanting to keep toning and cardio separate.
ITA. That is what works for me.

That's great about your Leslie results; thanks for reporting! One word of advice, though--make sure you stretch your psoas muscles thoroughly after her workouts. I strained my psoas doing Leslie's workouts, and I no longer do them. IMO her workouts are not really 'walking', but lifting your legs up and down (marching). YMMV, but it couldn't hurt to do some stretching of the psoas after her workouts, because that muscle is worked a lot in Leslie's routines.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 02:54 PM  
cardiomama

Congrats on your progress!
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-11, 06:34 PM  
pcramer

Sunday, Congrats on your results!!

How are you doing your TA and Leslie?

TA first and then Leslie, the other way around, or spilt up at different times in the day?

Just Curious
Old 12-15-11, 07:08 PM  
sunday

pcramer: Thanks for the congrats! But I see congrats are also due to you!!!!! We have lost nearly identical amounts of weight, and you are nearly there!!

To answer your question, I try to follow what TA says: I do her MS first, follow up with any additional toning if I feel like it, then kind of "relax" with Leslie. Since I don't have to really think with Leslie, I find her relaxing. I think I'm going to stick with the combo of separate toning and cardio. I used to think of myself as a fusion queen, but I am relinquishing my crown.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest change, biggest difference