Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-11, 10:57 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I do a half hour before work and an hour workout after work on the weekdays. On Saturdays, I would do an hour in the morning and an hour at night. I forgot to mention that I either rest on Sunday or do an hour relaxing stretch workout.

So you could do Insanity in the morning and barre at night. However, I wouldn't do Insanity everyday because that would probably be too much at first. When you first start, you might want to alternate Insanity with an easier cardio workout. So your rotation would look like this:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Insanity, barre
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - less intense cardio but it could still be an easier interval if you're used to it (e.g. CLX or TF interval, Firm Express Cardio, etc. are easier interval wos), barre
Trust me, I make insanity easier by not going all out or taking a break if needed. Yesterday I did insanity (it's my fist week) with P57 vol. 2 full body (minus the abs) and felt great. Hopefully this will give me some results.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 11:29 AM  
Buffgirl

For the last month I have been working out with KB's under an hour, between 40-50 minutes. I am not using heavy KB's, my goal is to lean out!

I use a heavier KB 20 - 25 lbs on day one.
I use 10-15 for KB cardio endurance
Yoga, something easier or rest
Repeat.

This is working very well for me. My core, glutes, legs, arms, everthing is getting more definitions and no bulk!
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 02:21 PM  
buffmama

I've been doing KBs every other day for a while now (over 6 months). Started with livefitrevolution and now doing Lorna Kleidman's book so following a rotation there. My fill in days vary based on my mood. I do abs and legs most days, but it could also include cardio, circuit, yoga, long pilates session. I should probably have it more set but as former non-rotater I just can't. I will probably stick to an everyother day rotation when I start the next one.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 09:02 PM  
KathAL79

I tend to do something like this:
Sun. = total body weights
Mon. = cardio
Tues. = total body weights
Wed. = Pilates
Thurs. = total body weights
Fri. = cardio
Sat. = rest
My total body weights tend to be NROL-type (training movements rather than body parts per se) and/or kettlebells; I prefer to train multiple muscles at once and get my heart rate up with my weights. I prefer longer moderate steady state sessions for cardio, as that seems to work better for me, especially in conjunction with my weights, but if my rotation calls for intervals or metabolic circuits I'll do them.
I'll follow weights with foam rolling, stretching, and a little gentle yoga, and I'll generally do yoga after my cardio and Pilates sessions, too. I had started to try to work in some qi gong and will try to get back to that soon.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 09:22 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I am doing CLX. Just finished Push. This week is my recovery week. I am doing:

Mon Get Lean Intervals
Tues Cardio & Abs
Wed Burn Intervals
Thurs Cardio & Abs
Fri Stretching or Yoga
Sat Get Lean Intervals

Next Week Starting Lean Phase:

Mon Lean 1
Tues Cardio & Abs
Wed Lean 2
Thurs Cardio & Abs
Fri Stretching or Yoga
Sat Lean 3

I always think about adding another workout in, but I never do because I really am too lazy.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get sexy, michael carson, rotation, rotations