Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-15, 03:50 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Currently it's meditation, but I take my shower first.

20 minutes of walking (or "cardio machine steady-state cardio") is a good one too for me, although I'm not doing it right now. If I do this, I usually do it before my shower and stretch for 10-15 min after my shower.

I used to be a "do my workout first thing in the morning" type of person, but that hasn't happened in a while.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 04:09 PM  
Tugger31

The step portion from Cathe's Step Jump and Pump because the first song, Abracadabra, gets me pumped up!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 04:21 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Feeding and taking care of, Fatso. Seriously, he has a set routine and I can not sway from his schedule.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 04:34 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I typically start everyday with Ballet Beautiful and or if I am doing a long Tonique like Royale sometimes I will instead start with that.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 04:55 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by desie View Post
I feel best if I lie in bed for 20 minutes, not rushing myself to get up.
This! I am NOT a morning person. Even if I am running late, I give myself 30 minutes to ease out of bed. I need those 30 minutes. To quote marya "I'm a total slug when I wake up. I was never one of those people who just bounds out of bed and leaps into action."
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 07:06 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

If you have DDP Yoga, there is a 10 minute 'Wake Up" routine that is quite nice--nothing crazy, just gentle movement to get you going.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 08:15 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quite some time ago, I started doing ~20 minutes of activity 1st thing in the morning. It varied from yoga, to easy cardio, or a Joyce Vedral strength sequence. It definitely gave me more energy, but also brightened my mood. Then I found a Fitness for Free Yoga and Pilates book, with very gentle almost-calisthenics movements which I loved. After the thread on the Royal Canadian Air Force workout, which is similar to the Fitness for Free book, I've been following that sequence daily, adding in some other favorite moves too, and doing mobility work. Not only does it give me more energy, but it also makes me feel more limber and relaxed.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 09:09 PM  
BamaTanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm partial to Classical Stretch, but my absolute favorite *short* morning routine is Erin O'Brien's Postnatal Rescue, program #3 (15 mins; they're all 15 mins).
I'd forgotten about those. I love Erin's series, too!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-15, 10:29 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I have to rush usually when I'm on my day shift rotation (nights not so much since I usually wake up earlier then) but days I often hit snooze and have to rush I sometimes vary the workout but I go by how I feel and how much time I have

I pick either

1 mile Leslie like 1 mile super challenge, 1-2 of her walk blaster walks (3 if I have time) and they vary from the warmup walk, warmup plus dance, one of the faster ones (like brisk or sweaty), occasionally one of the walks from one of the 1 mile walk dvds, if I have 30 min I like leslie's a closer 2 mile walk

jessica smith 15 minute or 30 minute if I have time (sometimes the 20 minute cardio ballet if I'm in the mood for balance and want a bit more than 15 min but not in the mood for leslie's walk blasters)

yoga zone sunrise

ellen barrett 30 minute super fast body sculpt, barefoot cardio if I have time so this isn't a usual before work morning routine

a classical stretch episode (have to be sorta moving well and not too stiff for this otherwise I spend half the workout just trying to bend over)

lee holden's 7 min of magic - health - sometimes honest to God this is all I can manage crawling out of bed the am routine is too tough LOL
Old 04-17-15, 11:30 PM  
cowfishpro

I'm another who starts my 4:30 AM work week with Ballet Beautiful.

Tags
5 tibetan rites, am practice, am routine, lgi8, lgi8 rotation, meditation, morning, morning workouts