Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-15, 10:56 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

FYI, if you lose your Fitbit, there are apps for your phone that can help you locate it. They will only work if you do sync with your phone already, and your fitbit has to have battery.

Mine did come unclipped again yesterday, after I got home from the grocery store. I didn't notice for an hour or two. I tried syncing and it synced, so I knew it was at home, but I couldn't find it. We tried syncing in different places, and based on where it was syncing vs not syncing we thought it was probably in the kitchen. But we could not find it anywhere. (And my house has been on the market, so it is very clean and tidy right now!) We even tried setting the silent alarm to see if I could hear it vibrating, but no luck.

Finally I searched online for other ideas and found out there are apps to help you locate it. I bought this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitb...825801863?mt=8

Basically, you walk around and it gives you a signal strength (kind of like playing Hot and Cold) and it helps you pinpoint where it was. Mine was in this bin I keep bags in. Somehow it got hooked onto my reusable grocery bag and was kind of hidden inside the bag. I had even looked at the bags during my initial search. No doubt I'll be using this app again.
Old 04-19-15, 11:46 AM  
andtckrtoo

I switched from the One to the Flex (I now have the Charge) because of all of the correlation between blue tooth devices and cancer. I decided it was not worth the risk to have something that close to my breasts on a consistent bases. I love the Charge.

To be clear - it's correlation, not causation, so there is no proof that this happens, but it wasn't a risk I was willing to take with cancer in my family history.
Old 04-19-15, 01:08 PM  
KellyMarie65

I'll have to see if there are apps for my Samsung Galaxy, thanks
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 07:24 AM  
RoseOOPs

I went from the One to the Charge. I like the Charge so much better, maybe because to the heart rate monitor, and I don't have to set it to track my sleep.
RoseOOPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 09:32 AM  
Lilypad

I'm so sorry to bring up this thread again but I recently just got the one and I can't figure out how to put it into sleep mode. It says to press and hold down the button for 2+ secs and it should go into sleep mode but it's not happening. The only thing that is happening is that the stop watch begins..
Thanks
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 09:35 AM  
lincnkel

If it looks like the stop watch is going then it's actually in sleep mode. I was confused about this at first as well. When you wake up, hold the button again to stop it and then sync. The sleep information will show up on the current day.

2015 Goals:
$ per workout: $0/$300
Complete 3.5 month STS rotation
Complete half marathon
lincnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 10:55 AM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
I'm so sorry to bring up this thread again but I recently just got the one and I can't figure out how to put it into sleep mode. It says to press and hold down the button for 2+ secs and it should go into sleep mode but it's not happening. The only thing that is happening is that the stop watch begins..
Thanks
That is what sleep mode does. You just stop the stopwatch when you wake up by doing the same thing.

Actually the stop watch is useful for other things other than just tracking your sleep. I start it before I start a workout and stop it when I'm done. That way it tracks how many steps a workout is. You can edit your Activity Log on the website and keep track of your workouts this way also.

Also, you should know that you don't need to use the timer to track your sleep. You can add a sleep log later, and just put in the time you went to bed and when you woke up. It will still be able to see when restless and awake.
Old 04-21-15, 11:04 AM  
Lilypad

Okay I will try that. Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. Also I think you can also track your excercise doing the same thing holding down the button until it goes into stop watch mode then hit it again when you are done and then it syncs to your device. Is that right?
Thanks so much again. I think this is probably why I was confused because you do the same thing for 2 different functions.
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote