Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-15, 11:57 AM  
KellyMarie65

Fitbit Charge vs Fitbit one

I am trying to decide which one to buy. I like that the charge can be worn vs clipped on. Any other pros and cons?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 01:36 PM  
BigBadBetty

I have had 2 Fitbit Ones and 1 Fitbit Charge HR. I like the no one can see that you are wearing the One. I would clip it to my bra and forget it. I have enough cleavage and don't wear tight shirts so no one could notice. The biggest problem is that I had them fall off. The first one I lost; fitbit sent me a free replacement. After the second one fell off during a walk, I decided to get the Charge HR.

The Charge HR is secure (so far). I don't really like having anything on my wrist. When I bought it, you could only get black or purple. I would have liked to have gotten the blue. I don't like that you have to press a button to see the time. I have to charge it more often then the One. Of course, it is a different cable than the One, too. The wrist-worn trackers are less accurate than the One, but I am not a stickler for exact numbers. I have not had a rash from it, but I know some people have.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 01:38 PM  
KellyMarie65

I don't think I would mind something on my wrist. The clip I am worried about losing too. That is not good that it is less accurate
Old 04-16-15, 04:01 PM  
KellyMarie65

I ordered the fitbit charge. I hope I love it.
Old 04-16-15, 06:44 PM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

I've had my One for 3 years and have never had it fall off. I really like the One for many reasons. I like that it is hidden...I like to wear bracelets and sometimes a watch and I don't want my fitbit on my wrist. Another reason is...and this is my opinion...I believe that clipping it rather than wearing it on your wrist, seems to be more accurate. Again, my opinion from personal use and from reading about others who, for example, have had steps not count when they are pushing a cart or stroller because they're not moving their arm.
I am sure there are many reasons to love the other versions, but I have never had any issues with my One except the little case tearing after a year or so...and when I couldn't find a replacement to buy....fitbit sent me one free. They have such great customer service
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 07:23 PM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeLaVie View Post
I've had my One for 3 years and have never had it fall off. I really like the One for many reasons. I like that it is hidden...I like to wear bracelets and sometimes a watch and I don't want my fitbit on my wrist. Another reason is...and this is my opinion...I believe that clipping it rather than wearing it on your wrist, seems to be more accurate. Again, my opinion from personal use and from reading about others who, for example, have had steps not count when they are pushing a cart or stroller because they're not moving their arm.
I am sure there are many reasons to love the other versions, but I have never had any issues with my One except the little case tearing after a year or so...and when I couldn't find a replacement to buy....fitbit sent me one free. They have such great customer service
Totally agree but I'm on my third case for it with another in the wings waiting because this one is close. I guess I'm just hard on the case.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Janzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 07:30 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeLaVie View Post
Where do you guys clip it? I am a nurse so am pretty busy all shift and am moving around with alot of position changes, would the one stay on?
Old 04-16-15, 07:41 PM  
KellyMarie65

I can still cancel the order. I was first interested in the fitbit one. Now debating again. Is the one accurate in your pocket too?
Old 04-16-15, 08:21 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I had the Fitbit Force (the band that they had to recall) but had to exchange it because I did get a rash. I got the One as a replacement and I actually like it better.

I like that I can wear it on my bra when I'm wearing a dress. I wear it on my bike shorts when I'm riding a bike. Most of the time it clipped to my pants pocket. It tracks steps pretty well regardless of where I have it attached.

It has fallen off a few times, usually when I fiddle with my pockets. I can find it by trying to sync with my phone. If it syncs I know it is nearby. One time I lost it when it was pouring rain in a Target parking lot and didn't notice till I got home. I didn't bother looking that time and replaced it, but all other times I've been able to find it.

So yes, it does track well when in the pocket, but if you put your hands in your pocket a lot, that is when you need to be careful and can lose it. I actually should start clipping to my waistband, but it is easier to peek at when hooked to a pocket usually.
Old 04-16-15, 08:27 PM  
raeven

I have a fitbit one and a fitbit charge hr. Honestly, it boils down to whether you want to wear something on your wrist or not. The One will be slightly more accurate simply because it's not subject to random arm motions. When I bought my charge HR, I compared it to my One for several days, it only rung up around 600 more steps on average each day, so not a huge deal in my opinion.

I always kept my One clipped to my waist bands, with the One on the inside of my waist band, so facing my body. It never even came close to falling off. In fact it is still rather stiff and takes effort to slide on and off my clothing. All you really have to worry about is not leaving it on clothes to be washed..which of course my hubby did with his a couple of times. I'm happy to report it managed to survive each round in the washing machine though!

Fitbit is a great product, and their software is tops. To me, it really is just a decision between wrist worn or not between your two choices. Enjoy!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote