Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-15, 08:27 PM  
cowfishpro

Paine, I'm glad you shared about your method with the step. I thought that was a great modification.

Thanks Yahoo. DH is a very talented photograhper.
Old 04-16-15, 09:38 AM  
Exercise Diva

All great suggestions - thanks! I'm going to do it again tonight so will see how it goes.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 11:25 AM  
JulieIL

Is the Classic workout the same as the Total Body Workout?

Is the Classic 60 Minute Workout the same as the Total Body Workout (which looks like it is 60 minutes, just broken off into 10 minute segments)?

As yahoo250 mentioned, the BB Classic with the original cover is selling for $109.99 on amazon - but when I looked into this, a reviewer mentioned that the Classic workout is actually the same as the Total Body Workout- just a different cover, & the segments are formally broken down into six 10 minute segments.

This forum has much more credibility than a random reviewer (seriously), so does anyone know if the Classic 60 Minute Workout is indeed the same as the Total Body Workout? TIA

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 11:44 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
Is the Classic 60 Minute Workout the same as the Total Body Workout (which looks like it is 60 minutes, just broken off into 10 minute segments)?

As yahoo250 mentioned, the BB Classic with the original cover is selling for $109.99 on amazon - but when I looked into this, a reviewer mentioned that the Classic workout is actually the same as the Total Body Workout- just a different cover, & the segments are formally broken down into six 10 minute segments.

This forum has much more credibility than a random reviewer (seriously), so does anyone know if the Classic 60 Minute Workout is indeed the same as the Total Body Workout? TIA

Julie
Hi Julie, Yes, they're the same! The Total Body workout is just the re-released version, but the content is identical.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 11:48 AM  
cowfishpro

Classic and Total Body are the same. I have the Classic cover. The Classic can be played as individual segments or as one long continuous workout. It also has the option to play with music on or off.

I don't have the Total Body version, but people have commented that you can program which segments to play, but there is not a "play all" option. (Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.) I'm not sure of the sound options on this one, but if it is like the other Lions Gate BB DVD releases, it will have a music only option (no MHB talking).
Old 04-19-15, 02:39 PM  
JulieIL

Thanks Leanne & cowfishpro! I'll save the $100 to not play in continuously (haha). I'm burning out on TA (again!)- BB can hopefully get me back in the swing of things....

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 08:39 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
How many days a week do you do it? Have you tried any barre? Do you like Ballet Beautiful more? How does it compare to barre? Do you have weight to lose? I have quite a bit of weight to lose.

Cowfishpro, your pic is gorgeous.
Thank you so much for your review, misvespa. Very motivating!

I've been trying to incorporate one of the 15-minute blasts at the end of most of my other workouts. But now I'm thinking maybe I should focus more on BB, so I am also curious to know the answer to the above: how often you are doing the Blasts and the Classic workouts, etc?

Thanks again!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 09:50 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Mizvespa's reply from upthread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizvespa View Post
I'm doing about 70 minutes 5 days a week. I have not done the cardio swan arms, only the swan arms blast (because I found it on youtube). I really love everything ballet beautiful so far. Like I said previously, my only complaint is that I prefer TA's ab stuff. However, I'm scared to do anything TA right now. My back is just starting to loosen back up.

One last thought: Perhaps I think I prefer TA's ab stuff, but don't really? I say this because I have noticed my waist cinching back in with ballet beautiful. TA seems to slightly "square" my naturally hourglass waistline. I have noticed that TA workouts make my body look great, but my waist is less defined. Ballet Beautiful is bringing it back!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 12:27 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have the Ballet Beautiful Classic workout. I've done it a few times and like it. It is hard, but relaxing at the same time. (I skip the abs. ) It reminds me of Margaret Richard workouts. I haven't done it enough to see any "results."

Naturally, there is a reviewer on Amazon who says that the Body Blast workouts made her gain weight.

VFers have learned the hard way that something that is a "magic bullet" for one exerciser may not be for another.

As for TA, her workouts are not for me.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet beautiful, mary helen bowers, swan arms