Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-15, 01:00 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I'm tired of tabata-style workouts -- already own enough -- so you've saved me from buying Scorcher #2 with your comments. Thanks, Melissa!

It looks like you can purchase a $20 set from an Amazon seller (includes shipping).... I really think you'd like this series in view of your preferences.

Yep, I ordered the $20 set on Amazon. I hope it's genuine. Kind of weird that one set was selling for $200 & then another seller offers it for $20??
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-15, 05:17 PM  
andtckrtoo

I would love a true Kettlebell/Kickbox workout series. Or maybe more like MMA/Kettlebells. With no flipping burpees... I love the original Scorcher Series but I get tired of all the burpees.
Old 04-19-15, 10:50 AM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

if you liked Zuzka's ZCut kettlebell workouts, you will like KCM's Slim Sculpting

I am a huge fan of Zuzka's ZCut kettlebell workouts and I think there is NOTHING BEGINNER about them. They are challenging.

I do two of her 15 min workouts together and always have DOMs. Well worth the money spent. I will caution true beginners though, there is not enough instruction or form pointers for a kettlebell novice.

The only other workout I've found that is similar to Zuzka's are Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Slim Sculpting. The two workouts on her DVD are 35 min long.

I've tried other kettlebell workouts but ZCut & KCM's are the ones I stick with. No dread factor at all.
Old 04-19-15, 05:12 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I would love a true Kettlebell/Kickbox workout series. Or maybe more like MMA/Kettlebells. With no flipping burpees... I love the original Scorcher Series but I get tired of all the burpees.
Confession time: I don't do the burpees & sometimes I even skip the sprawls. Either I just skip that section entirely or I'll do pushups or something else instead; it just depends on how much time I have.
Old 04-20-15, 04:27 AM  
suzannaerin

I used to be anti-burpee. I forced myself to do them and the sprawls in KBKB workouts. While I don't love them, I don't dread them. They also did amazing things for my core strength. For some reason, they don't annoy me as much in Dasha's workouts as they do with other instructors.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-15, 05:33 PM  
MelissaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
I am a huge fan of Zuzka's ZCut kettlebell workouts and I think there is NOTHING BEGINNER about them. They are challenging.

I do two of her 15 min workouts together and always have DOMs. Well worth the money spent. I will caution true beginners though, there is not enough instruction or form pointers for a kettlebell novice.

The only other workout I've found that is similar to Zuzka's are Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Slim Sculpting. The two workouts on her DVD are 35 min long.

I've tried other kettlebell workouts but ZCut & KCM's are the ones I stick with. No dread factor at all.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to order the KCM workouts too! They look like something I would like.

Tags
sprawl, zcut