Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-20, 05:34 AM  
Nelly G

Ebay fraude

I just blocked my credit card

I tried to buy in June a fitness dvd with an English guy on Ebay who in the end gave my money back because he did not want to send to the Netherlands. So no dvd at all but now I just noticed he hacked via Paypall in a way and small ammounts where taken from my account. I Somehow did not see it earlier so stupid that I was to busy to notice. The total ammount is about 150 dollars. Because of the Corona you cannot contact Pay Pall at all. I just decided I never will do anything at Ebay anymore. Because Paypall does not take calls I just blocked my credit card for all transactions.

Just wanted to warn you all
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 06:17 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks for the warning. So he did the deal just for access to your Paypal. And not being able to contact PayPal sucks. Can you dispute the charges with your credit card company?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 06:47 AM  
Vantreesta

I stopped using PayPal a long time ago. Both times I used it my credit card number was stolen. I have no proof it was bc of PayPal, but I don't believe in coincidences. I only used PayPal on Ebay but I assumed PayPal was the one responsible for protecting that information since I never gave my credit card number directly to Ebay. Is that not how it works?

Nelly, I hope you're able to get the charges reversed and a new card issued. Both times mine was stolen the credit card company totally took care of it. Good luck!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-20, 07:29 AM  
Nelly G

Yes it really is horrible I cannot contact Paypall. The credit company give them 2 weeks to solve it after that I can try via them to get it. I tried via the PayPall internetsite but by mistake their site almost ✅ crossed all my transactions but I only could see that after their automatic message. I canot reply to the message and the messages I have send they did not reply. I got two ammounts back now. One of 10 pounds and one of an transaction that was not fraude but not send yet.
Old 08-21-20, 01:32 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Appreciate the warning, Nelly. Sorry this is happening to you.
Old 08-25-20, 01:36 PM  
Nelly G

Update: I have found out the following.
Look at this dvd for example: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dance-Tha...72.m2749.l2649

If there is a message: No additional import charges on delivery.
This item will be sent through the Global Shipping Programme and includes international tracking. Learn more
If you do not look at learn more you cannot see the hidden charges:

If you pay by PayPal, your payment will be split into two transactions:

The first payment goes to the seller to cover the item price and any domestic shipping costs to send the item to the global shipping centre
The second payment covers the international postage cost and any import charges, if applicable.

That if applicable should not be charged but it is by a company called Pitney Bowes. I never ordered above the price that I should not have pay import charges.
To be honest you pay the shipping cost twice. I have bought for example 1 dvd 13 dollars, 16 dollars shipping cost and normally I should not have import or shiping cost again but I had to pay 20 dollars extra. Normally if you pay by Pay Pall you get a message but I did not get any messages that I paid Pitney Bowes by PayPall. I only found out seeing the list of payments by my credit card.

There is even a dvd where the message Global Shiipping was not there but I have paid it too. So never Ebay and Paypall for me
Old 08-25-20, 03:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi Nelly,

Sorry that these costs were hidden to you. Is buying from ebay USA the same, or just ebay UK has this hidden charge?

I would see if you could dispute the charge for the Pitney Bowes since it appears to be a duplicate payment. the worst they could tell you is "no."

Pitney Bowes is a reputable US postage company. The seller must have turned that option on in order for you to have been charged twice.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 03:19 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

You can successfully dispute a charge on Paypal without calling. I did it and got my money back.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 09:08 PM  
Nelly G

The buying from the USA has the same charges only higher but only if there is this message:
No additional import charges on delivery.
This item will be sent through the Global Shipping Programme and includes international tracking. Learn more

Only with one dvd there was not and I can still not find the hidden charges: https://www.ebay.nl/itm/EVOLUTION-20...72.m2749.l2649

Maybe you can find it but I cannot find it. I dispute everything but Paypall did not give back. I just wrote them about the above dvd where I am not informed about using the Global shipping. I also wrote them they should always send a message about each payment of Pay Pall which they did not with the payments of Pitney Bowes. It is like they secretly take money and do not tell. I found out because of my credit company which is good. If Pay pall informed me that I paid Pitney Bowes too I would have stopped immediately with Ebay but they did not.
Old 08-27-20, 06:11 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have used PayPal for years. I have had a few disputes, and have received a couple of refunds. I have always dealt with PayPal online, I have never called them.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay, fraud, paypal