Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-19, 10:20 AM  
sherry7899

I can dream of the concert.... The Zombies who we love are playing in New Orleans on my birthday. Oh, well! My husband and son and myself are all music geeks, and we have never had a concert fall on any of our birthdays.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 10:20 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Ooh, I was just thinking-- I wonder if I could put a heavy duty nonslip felt rug underlay under it, like this:

That should make it feel thicker and help dampen sound too, no?
That is a really good idea! I have a nonslip rug mat under mine.

Old 02-20-19, 10:23 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I can dream of the concert.... The Zombies who we love are playing in New Orleans on my birthday. Oh, well! My husband and son and myself are all music geeks, and we have never had a concert fall in any of our birthdays.
Oh no, would've been a great time to plan that NO getaway trip.

I am going to see Elton John in early March and was wondering if you were doing the same.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 10:30 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Oh no, would've been a great time to plan that NO getaway trip.

I am going to see Elton John in early March and was wondering if you were doing the same.

I wish! The tickets for Madison Square Garden were pricey and went fast! Have a great time! I have only seen him once. We had tickets to another show and drove over an hour to find out if was cancelled. The band has food poisoning. They never made up the date.

Old 02-20-19, 03:57 PM  
LAC

Quote:
I had started a thread on them. I think the brand Jessica uses is Square 36.

ETA:

here is the thread I started:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...hlight=gorilla

I am very happy with the brand I bought. It slides a little, but not enough to bother me. The cushioning has really helped my knees, hips and back feel better doing cardio. I do dance cardio and kickboxing. I have only used it for dance cardio so far, not kickboxing, but I need the cushioning more for dance the kickboxing. I may try kickboxing later this week.

ETA again:

This may be the one you are looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/Square36-Extr...ords=square+36

Please note it weighs thirty pounds, so it might be a pain to roll it up if you can't leave it out.

I'd love one that size, but I have nowhere to leave it out. My cats would ruin it. I bought one that is six foot by five foot. It is enough space for the dance cardio so far.
I have had the Square36 8x6 mat for almost 3 years, but I didn't pay $180 for it! I haven't had a problem with it slipping or sliding, but I don't use it on carpet. Here is a link to it for $100:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-19, 06:11 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I have had the Square36 8x6 mat for almost 3 years, but I didn't pay $180 for it! I haven't had a problem with it slipping or sliding, but I don't use it on carpet. Here is a link to it for $100:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The one linked above is for yoga and you cannot wear shoes on it. The one I linked is for cardio with shoes. I think that is why it is more expensive.

Old 02-21-19, 04:45 PM  
LAC

Quote:
The one linked above is for yoga and you cannot wear shoes on it. The one I linked is for cardio with shoes. I think that is why it is more expensive.
Oops, I didn't realize they were two different things. Sorry about that!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 04:52 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Oops, I didn't realize they were two different things. Sorry about that!
No reason to apologize.

Old 02-21-19, 06:39 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Square36 and the GxmMat. One is only a little cheaper than the other (and I bet they're the same thing, really) but I can dither between options for a ridiculously long time.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 06:47 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
I'm having a hard time deciding between the Square36 and the GxmMat. One is only a little cheaper than the other (and I bet they're the same thing, really) but I can dither between options for a ridiculously long time.
Gina, I did the same-for a few months! I always hesitate on large purchases. I saved up Amazon Visa reward points towards it, so that helped.

I think they are both the same thickness, but I am not sure.

Beth (toaster) posted in the thread I linked that she is happy with the Square 36 mat.

Sherry

Tags
floor mats, flooring, gorilla mat, mats, workout mat