Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-18, 11:31 AM  
Bebop

Joyce Vedral, is she retired from fitness?

Hi,

This morning I was in the mood for classic Joyce Vedral Bathing suit workout. I had it on a VCR tape and I must have traded it.

I searched for it on line and she no longer has a website. This particular workout isn't available on collage video.

Has Joyce retired from the fitness world? I still use her workouts from time to time and particularly go back to the Bottoms Up Gold series and Fast Forward Series.

P.S. - I ended up doing the Firm Vol 5 - classic -I guess I am in a nostalgic mood.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 02:24 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

She's basically retired from releasing DVD's, etc. But she does pop up occasionally on Facebook. I'd love to see her have someone release her book workouts on DVD w/o the incessant counting.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 06:58 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Joyce retired at the end of 2014 and closed her online store. Last I heard, she had done some traveling all over the world and is doing well.

If you like paper workouts, used copies of Bathing Suit are about a dollar or so on Amazon. Bottoms Up Gold (especially upper body) remains one of my all-time favorites.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 07:05 PM  
Scorpio6

MsThistlebottom: What is the difference betw Bottoms Up and Bottoms Up Gold?
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-18, 08:01 PM  
MsThistlebottom

As far as I can tell, Bottoms Up was first published as a book in 1993. Complete Bottoms Up Gold Plus (DVD) came out in 2008 and is an upper/lower split with separate abs. People often abbreviate it as BUG or BUG+. The exercises are slightly different from those in the book.

Hope that helps!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel

Last edited by MsThistlebottom; 09-16-18 at 09:44 AM. Reason: ETA: Deleted info about VHS and shortened response
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-18, 08:48 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

The Bottoms Up VHS tapes came out in 1995. In 1996 Joyce sold them on HSN for a short time.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote