Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-17, 03:33 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Thanks for the post Stephanie. Now I am dreaming of a 6' by 6'. It is all rug here.
Old 11-18-17, 08:20 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I don't hear any noises at all when I use the floor. It stays pretty much solidly in place, no flexing at the joints. I think if they were flimsy, they would probably flex there and that could possibly cause clicking if the joints separated, but that doesn't happen for me. They're pretty sturdy. The only clicking I hear is when my mom's dog trots across the floor

I'm definitely going to order another set for my living room. I have a larger TV in there so I might move some of my workouts to that area.

ETA: My favorite clip from those videos I linked is in the second from the bottom link. The two girls starting around the 1:00 mark are amazing talents! They were about 11 in that clip, but now they are 14/15. The one in the blue shirt is now a backup dancer on Janet Jackson's tour, and you'll see the other one in a ton of those videos. I am amazed at the talent of all the dancers, and the kids are great! I also love that one that you mentioned...so much attitude and grown-upedness, lol, and then you see that break at the end and he's a kid again. So many of the young ones have their "dance face", and then you see them in interviews or talking and they are completely cute and sweet kids. And the older dancers give me hope that I can at least pretend to dance (although even the oldest "older" ones are still probably a good 10-15 years younger than me )
All those clips are amazing. I bow down to you if you’re dancing like that. Thanks for the info, I ordered enough flooring for a 4 x 5 area. If this is not big enough, I’ll purchase more at a later date to make a 6 x 6 area. I’ll be back to share after I get my flooring.

Any dancehall recommendations? Thanks!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 08:32 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
All those clips are amazing. I bow down to you if you’re dancing like that. Thanks for the info, I ordered enough flooring for a 4 x 5 area. If this is not big enough, I’ll purchase more at a later date to make a 6 x 6 area. I’ll be back to share after I get my flooring.

Any dancehall recommendations? Thanks!
Haha, I am definitely NOT dancing like that, lol!!! I am glad I don't have a mirror in my workout space

What kind did you get, the marble or one of the others? I like the look of the Luxury Black Marble, but I liked the price of the one I got more

Keaira LaShae has some good Dancehall workouts on YouTube, and there are lots of others there as well. I just search Dancehall workout and start browsing. That's what I do for any type of actual dance workout I'm looking for on YouTube. There are a ton of Zumba type follow-along workouts on there.

For DVDs, there aren't many options. I got the Adina Tek Di DanceFloor DVD from Mary's site a while back, but it was pretty boring. I do like the SocaCize DVDs, though. But I really do like pretty much all types of dancing, it just depends on my mood and the music! I have to say that Hip Hop (and Rap) are my least favorites types of music, but the most fun type of dance to try to learn for me.
Old 11-18-17, 08:35 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
Thanks for the post Stephanie. Now I am dreaming of a 6' by 6'. It is all rug here.
Yep, that's all I have here...carpet. This has definitely been the best solution I have found being in a situation where I can't actually put in permanent flooring!

I'm going to check on Black Friday and see if they have any extra deals going on. I'll post here if I see anything!
Old 11-18-17, 09:01 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Haha, I am definitely NOT dancing like that, lol!!! I am glad I don't have a mirror in my workout space

What kind did you get, the marble or one of the others? I like the look of the Luxury Black Marble, but I liked the price of the one I got more
I got the Luxury Black Marble; it will blend in more with everything else in my workout room. Sale price made it doable. If the prices are reduced even more for Black Friday sales, I’ll be sure to ask for a credit.

Thanks for the dancehall tips!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 11-27-17, 01:52 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Just wanted to post that they are offering a 10% discount good through today! It looks like it actually started on Black Friday, but I didn't see it until today :/ But just use the code CYBER at checkout. I'm ordering another 64 sq ft of the Marble flooring for my living room (my "other" workout space with the bigger TV ) I thought about just getting the 8x8 kit that includes the edges but a) it adds about $70 to my total after the discount, and b) I would actually be really pushing it space wise by adding the edges.

Anyway, thought I'd post in case anyone had been interested and holding out for a discount. Free shipping, too, as always!
Old 11-27-17, 05:34 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Bumping in case anyone wants to take advantage of the discount before it ends!
10% off with code: cyber
Old 12-26-17, 06:13 PM  
T2B

Hi,

I’ve been trying to post a pic since I got my flooring, over a month ago. The floors are beautiful. I bought enough for a 5 x 5 area. I will be setting up a 2nd area on the other side of my workout room for dance, with a 2nd TV/DVD. I just haven’t made the time to do it yet.

I love the flooring for dance workouts but not for my regular workouts. When I’m walking on the flooring, it sounds just like my laminate flooring, not noisy but you can hear your feet tapping on them.

Any tips for posting pics? Even after I resize the pics, I still get an error message.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 12-26-17, 06:25 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I had the hardest time figuring this out as well, and I tried to go back and figure out how I did it, but now I can't seem to replicate the process! Here's what I think I did... I think I emailed them to myself and saved them in my Google Drive. Once in my drive, I was able to right click on them and one of the options was to get a sharable link. I did that, and then once I had a webpage for the photo, I copied and pasted the link into the Insert Hyperlink function here.

I'm glad you like the flooring! I've been so happy with mine I was able to fit my additional 64 sq ft perfectly into my living room and I love it!

ETA: I throw my yoga mat down (6' round Mandala mat) for my workouts that I don't want the hard floor for.
Old 12-26-17, 06:39 PM  
T2B

Hi Stephanie!

Thanks, I will try that. I think I can upload pics to Amazon Prime so may try that and see if I can post the pics. I like the floors a lot. I have lots of unused space in my workout area so I like the thought of a 2nd area for dance only. I’m even thinking about getting a disco ball. ha, ha.

My sister bought the flooring too, she loves them. They really are nice floors.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Tags
floor mats, flooring