Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-24-17, 06:19 AM  
horsemom2

OUT for DELIVERY!!!!!

YES!!!!!
YES!!!!
YES!!!!

(feel like Sally in *Harry Met Sally*)

but before I get too excited, I have to remind myself, it will probably be at the end of the day

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 06:30 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
YES!!!!!
YES!!!!
YES!!!!

but before I get too excited, I have to remind myself, it will probably be at the end of the day

Barb S
That's great Barb!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 06:48 AM  
sherry7899

Barb-that's great!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 10:51 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I can't wait to hear what people think of this since I'm strongly considering upgrading my old/cheap Urban Rebounder. I don't use the rebounder enough to warrant the $$$ of a more expensive bungee variety (i.e., Bellicon), and I love that the b-bounder also has the handle bars, since ah, my confidence using the rebounder changed dramatically after I jumped funny and rolled my ankle severely a couple of years ago. Even the handle bars for my rebounder would be a third the cost of getting the b-bounder.

As long as I can safely hold on (right now I'm using the Fluidity Bar as a "handle" but it's really too short, lower than hip height for me and I have the FB on the highest setting) I would love to get more into the WHFN G-Force workouts, URX if possible, and some freeform rebounding.
Old 03-24-17, 11:15 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
YES!!!!!
YES!!!!
YES!!!!

Barb S
Ha Ha!

I am not in the market for a rebounder, but somehow love reading these reviews)! This rebounder looks really nice - it'll be interesting to see what you think of it!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 02:24 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Ha Ha!

I am not in the market for a rebounder, but somehow love reading these reviews)! This rebounder looks really nice - it'll be interesting to see what you think of it!
Same here!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-17, 03:00 PM  
horsemom2

OK it is here and together.

Just a quick warning to those who think they can use it without the barre:
without the barre side legs, it is less stable and can tip!!

It was easier to unfold at the hinges than the JumpSport 550.
The legs snap on and off without any tool.
Most of the assembly went smoothly till the last piece of the barre so I do not plan to take it apart much unless I oil the ends next time to hopefully enable connecting and disconnecting easier. (If you have trouble getting the top part of the barre in place, try reversing it and/or even lubricating the ends.)

If you never had a bungee, you will probably like the bounce but it is not nearly as buoyant as any of my other 4 bungees. It is more buoyant than the YogFlex was and not jarring like the BodyBurner. You can feel a difference in the tension on the mat near the bands. The mat has some creases and puckers. The stitching is not neatly trimmed on all of the bands on the underside.
Just do not think it will wear as well as my other bungees which are standing up to lots of action with no sign of wear.

The extra space is nice and I really like the barre.
Very comfortable to lie on.
Very quiet when bouncing.

Overall, quite pleased with it, just not as much as I was with my other Chinese imports.
It fits into the space I made for it perfectly and if I want access to the closet, it can easily be moved.
Going to check the dvd now.

ETA: the product has no warranty!

Barb S
Old 03-24-17, 03:34 PM  
Donna D

Thanks Barb for your detailed review. After reading ebianco’s post I realized that I would not be able to use the Fluidity Barre to hold onto, as the height would be too short. The fluidity barre will be folded up, perhaps even moved to the basement. I’ve used it once over the past 6 months.

I believe it will serve its purpose for me. I’ll have to take “baby steps” with the rebounder, as I have never owned one before. I often have problems with my feet hurting, so I’ll need to start slowly and gradually increase the amount of time I spend on it. I’ll start out with the health bounce. I bounce on my stability ball quite a bit for the lymphatic system.

I’m glad the mat is a nice size, will probably use it for the exercises I normally do on the floor.

Glad to hear that it can easily be moved. I may have to move things around when I use the Supreme Pilates or do cardio.

I received Suzanne Bowen’s BarreAmped Bounce DVD yesterday and previewed several sections; it looks fun!

I hope I get many years from my purchase and I hope you do too. Surprised to hear there is no warranty.
Old 03-24-17, 03:48 PM  
horsemom2

OK I watched the first two minutes on the dvd and it made a BIG difference!

The barre makes you use the upper body more so there is even less impact on the lower body joints.
I got breathless quickly and really feel the difference. Great cross-training!
Great for moves that I feel unstable doing on smaller bungees like skaters.

You know how Jillian made people let go of the treadmill bars for more intensity?
Well, this is just the reverse, hold on to the barre for a total body workout.

(so far my vulnerable feet are liking the experience)

Barb S
Old 03-24-17, 04:35 PM  
Donna D

Barb - do you use your rebounder for Leslie Sansone's workouts?

Tags
b-bounder, bernadette giorgi, rebounder