Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-11, 02:19 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Forget the title, what the hell is Amy Bento wearing?! I love her, but I think she should leave those cutesy clothes to Chalene.
I was thinking something similar. Is she wanting to 'get down with the homies"?.

I also thought the photos of her on the covers of her workouts are rather corny. Between her and JB Berns, it's a tossup for me as to who has the corniest outfit.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 02:24 PM  
PLS

Bee- I have a rebounder and of course being a true vidiot got the whole set, still waiting on its arrival of course. I was thinking that the on /off the rebounder moves would work well on a step360. I have one of those too so I was considering trying the workouts on there since it gives a unstable flat surface but no skirt or springs to tangle myself up in. I am not sure how well a lot of the moves would translate to a bosu since that would take a lot more ankle stability than the larger flat surface of the trampoline, step or even step360. I think with creativity these workouts could be used in many ways, even on the floor with some modifications if someone liked high impact. Just my thoughts.

I can't wait to try these, but I intend to use some common sense in the safety area.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 02:26 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I think some of the workouts actually look better suited to a Step 360 than actually looking rebounder specific, but some (like Gay Gasper's and at least one of the ones by the shirtless guy) look more rebounder-specific to me.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 02:27 PM  
laurajhawk

Interesting thoughts... I have a Reebok CoreBoard and there may be moves in these that would work well on it. I think for the most part, though, I'll want the springiness of the rebounder.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 04:00 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Forget the title, what the hell is Amy Bento wearing?! I love her, but I think she should leave those cutesy clothes to Chalene.
Yeah - I wouldn't have recognised her!

Quote:
I don't even know why I looked at the clips, I know I'd totally break my ass if I tried these.
I'm too scared to even look at the clips. I was scared of trampolines even as a child.
Old 04-08-11, 04:02 PM  
sherry7899

I would break more than my a$$ if I tried these!

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 04:15 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I would break more than my a$$ if I tried these!

Sherry

LOL Sherry

actually I have fallen off a full size trampoline during a show practice once and even with a spotter. Actually got hurt worse by the spotter who punched me in the face trying to shove me back on!

Barb S
who loved bouncing for my whole life and even broke my nose while jumping on a bed with a friend whose head was coming up while my nose was going down (our parents saw so much blood they didn't know which of us was bleeding) ... luckily friend's mom was a nurse
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 04:18 PM  
sherry7899

Barb-wow!

My son almost knocked out a front tooth while on a rebounder at a friend's house when he was in second grade. It was the first time he was at this child's house, and I got a panicked call from the mom saying "your son has slammed his mouth on our mini trampoline and is bleeding. Please come pick him up." Apparently, the parents were not watching the kids, and two of them were on it at the same time..sigh...

Needless to say, I do not leave my rebounder out in our finished basement where our son hangs out with his friends! Even though it is four years later, I'm afraid of someone getting hurt.

Sherry
Old 04-08-11, 06:38 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

This thread has taken a great turn.... I just want to add that my son slept at a friend's house this last weekend and when he got home he told me he wanted a trampoline because he learned how much fun it is to jump on a trampoline while wearing his roller blades!!!

Thanks for the bosu answer.... I think I will resist these!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 06:30 AM  
sherry7899

Bee-I'm so glad your son didn't get hurt!

Sherry

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, metabolic, metabolic circuits, metabolic training, urban rebounder, urx