Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-11, 07:34 AM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

What's up with the metabolic interval workouts lately?

I noticed yesterday on facebook, Mary posted a bunch of new workouts and they all seemed to have basically the same title - "something metabolic interval something". At first I thought the posts were duplicates, but the titles were slightly different and the instructors were different - and not people that work together that I'm aware of. There was Amy Bento and Greg Sims and Keli Roberts. So is this a new trend? Will Cathe be putting out Metabolic Max? Beachbody doing P90Met? Or was this just some weird Facebook error?
Old 04-08-11, 07:37 AM  
sherry7899

Judy, they are all from a new series of workouts for the rebounder-extreme reboudning

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 08:36 AM  
laurajhawk

I noticed the name similarity for sure. No idea how people will even talk about these w/os sensibly ... well, I guess we'll just use the instructor's name since each instructor only has two w/os in the series.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 08:51 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj999 View Post
I noticed yesterday on facebook, Mary posted a bunch of new workouts and they all seemed to have basically the same title - "something metabolic interval something"
Mary did the same thing on Twitter! Until then, the URs were totally off my radar (I have a rebounder, but hardly ever use it). Those titles are really confusing.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 08:58 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

JB seems to have taken a page from the Firm's book by choosing names so similar and easily confused.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 09:15 AM  
jaj999
VF Supporter

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this confusing. I missed the info about these probably because I don't have a rebounder. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 04-08-11, 09:23 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Well, I don't own a rebounder either and I must have ignored any previous posts about this series. But, thanks to this thread, I'm really thinking about buying a couple of these. I'm going to try some searches to find more information and reviews. Are these brand new or will there be some info out there from people who have done them? I watched the clips on Mary's site. Patrick's and the non kickbox Amy workouts looked like possibles for me. Even the other instructors (that I don't know) looked good.

Big question . . . can I get the same cardio intensity with the rebounder as I do on the floor? It looks like it from watching the previews.

There may be a new rebounder in my future.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 09:54 AM  
Sophie

there's a couple of recent threads discussing the meaning of metabolic training - the consensus seem to be that it's the marketing buzzword for various interval training type protocols. That might explain why so many instructors are using it

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 10:00 AM  
KellyMarie65

This looks like it would be easier to do cardio at home for me. Would it be? I tend to stay away from alot of jumping, jumping jacks etc..due to a bad knee and ankle. Not to mention jumping jacks just are not for me, from the floor anyways. Anyone else find this a good alternative?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 10:26 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
Well, I don't own a rebounder either and I must have ignored any previous posts about this series. But, thanks to this thread, I'm really thinking about buying a couple of these. I'm going to try some searches to find more information and reviews. Are these brand new or will there be some info out there from people who have done them? .
They're very new but a few people (who ordered from the UR site) have been receiving theirs this week. There are a couple big honkin' GD threads about them - try a title search for the word "urban" and skip to the last few pages of the threads.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, metabolic, metabolic circuits, metabolic training, urban rebounder, urx