Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-11, 04:35 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Michele, I have both the Urban Rebounder (UR) and the high end JumpSport (JS). I probably would not have purchased the latter one except for having the coupon code for half off the price. There is a better warranty for the JS. This came in handy at first, as the company had a lot of problems with the mat. I had mine replaced right away and so did a couple of other VFers I know. In addition, JS has redesigned the mat, and while I do not have the newest, I understand it is much better. (Barb S. could tell you more about that.) Another positive of the JS is that the bungee cords can be adjusted to 3 different tensions. The company for JS has very good customer service.

I probably would have gone on happy as a clam with my UR, not knowing the world of difference in the feel between that and the JS. My only other experience with mini-trampolines had been a cheap $20 one with springs I had many years back. That one was hard on my shins. For someone such as myself who has used the UR for a lot of high impact such as the plyo type stuff from Cathe and P90X, there is a learning curve on the JS re: balancing at the same pace.

I rarely use either rebounder with a rebounder-oriented workout. Sometimes, it is a challenge to follow the instructor from such workouts with the same moves if she is using a different rebounder than myself. A good example of this for me was doing some of the segments in Cardiolates. I think the instructors were using trampolines similar to a Needak while I used the UR. I couldn't get in sync with them.

There is a difference also between various models with springs. It is all in the construction. The higher priced ones usually are better quality and have a softer bounce than cheap ones like my $20 one. The ones with the least bounce are those with straps like the YogFlex.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 04:52 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Barb S, I understand that with the bungee rebounders, you can't do the UR extreme type of workouts. Is that right? I have a friend who has Bellicon and she was saying it was too soft to do the UR workouts.
My bungee is the Jumpsport 370 and think I can stay in sync with anything just by adjusting my bounce. There are several cord options on it but I didn't need them. The new petal mat is very durable but still makes alittle noise so if anyone wants to avoid noise and is planning to wear shoes, go with a skirt mat model. Even the cheapest Jumpsport bungee has a couple of options for cord tension.

Barb S
who kissed alot of frogs till I found my Prince of a Rebounder

ETA: do not assume a softer bounce means lower intensity, the extra balance needed makes everything on a bungee more intensive
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 05:11 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
My bungee is the Jumpsport 370 and think I can stay in sync with anything just by adjusting my bounce. There are several cord options on it but I didn't need them. The new petal mat is very durable but still makes alittle noise so if anyone wants to avoid noise and is planning to wear shoes, go with a skirt mat model. Even the cheapest Jumpsport bungee has a couple of options for cord tension.

Barb S
who kissed alot of frogs till I found my Prince of a Rebounder

ETA: do not assume a softer bounce means lower intensity, the extra balance needed makes everything on a bungee more intensive
Thanks for replying, Barb. What do you think about this Jumpsport package that Costco has? I've been looking at it but thought I would prefer the one with the pedals mat but now you're saying the skirt mat is also good. I was concerned with the small jump surface.

Jumpsport 350i package at Costco

I emailed the Jumpsport folks seeking their advice and asked if they had any current promotions. They said no current promotions and the Costco package was currently the best deal out there. It does seem like a good deal with the bar and the 4 in 1 DVD. What's your opinion of the DVD? I think the bar is a good idea because I may be able to use for my barre workouts.

Thanks
Old 03-27-11, 06:13 PM  
shortie

Here is my rendition of me doing the Tracy Anderson trampoline webisode on my Needak rebounder:

Tracy: boing-boing-boing-kick-boing-boing-boing-bouncbouncebouncebounce-boing-boing-boing-kick-boing-kick-boing-kick

Me: BOOOOOOIIIIING - BOOOOOIIIINNG -BOOOOIIIIINNNNG . . .

*sigh*
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 06:45 PM  
horsemom2

I do not think the Jumpsport will ever be 50% off again for a very long time because they haven't been since their new improved petal mat became available. The skirt mat will still give you more room than a UR and the petal mat honestly doesn't really give a larger bouncing area than the skirt mat, just more cushioning over the bungees, especially for lying down on the frame. The petal mat is too unstable for jumping IMHO
I easily could have left the skirt mat on mine if the new petal mat was not available. Customer service was amazing. They sent me 3 replacement mats! Second petal mat frayed like the first then they sent me a skirt mat till the new petal mat was available.

Advantage of buying at Costco is a stability bar, the better dvd with a darn good cardio routine and a longer warranty on the cords. Plus you can return it if not satisfied.

Advantage of buying just the 220 from Jumpsport is saving $100 (and maybe state tax). Really depends on your personal finances and priorities.

Barb S
who came close to buying a second Jumpsport (the 220) when it was half priced but my home already looked like a rebounding store
Old 03-27-11, 07:05 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Barb, thanks so much for your thoughts. That's what I want to hear; I will probably order the Costco package. I Costco and their return policy. Plus they are only 5 miles from my house so it will be no big deal to return it if I have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
Here is my rendition of me doing the Tracy Anderson trampoline webisode on my Needak rebounder:

Tracy: boing-boing-boing-kick-boing-boing-boing-bouncbouncebouncebounce-boing-boing-boing-kick-boing-kick-boing-kick

Me: BOOOOOOIIIIING - BOOOOOIIIINNG -BOOOOIIIIINNNNG . . .

*sigh*
shortie, that's funny how you describe your rebounder. I'm sorry it's too slow for you though. Any way you can adjust the bounce?
Old 03-27-11, 07:32 PM  
muffins135

Thanks for all the info Hattie!
I found a seller of Jumpsport in Canada but you can't order online. I emailed them to see if they will ship to me...I need to find out the cost first. Costco.com doesn't ship to Canada and Costco.ca doesn't carry it. I can buy a Reboundair online from a Canadian supplier.
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 05:46 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
Thanks for all the info Hattie!
I found a seller of Jumpsport in Canada but you can't order online. I emailed them to see if they will ship to me...I need to find out the cost first. Costco.com doesn't ship to Canada and Costco.ca doesn't carry it. I can buy a Reboundair online from a Canadian supplier.
qibounding also ships to Canada
http://www.qibounding.com/rebounding...l#JUMPSPORT500

Barb S

ETA: I believe qibounding's prices are pretty good too!
not the 50% off but better deal than most:
Model 370: $307.63 (otherwise usually $379)
Model 350: $230.03 (otherwise usually $299)
only $10 more if shipping to Canada
Old 03-28-11, 06:29 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Barb, I was reading the Jumpsport reviews on that Qibounding site and it stated that persons under 140 pounds will not get the full benefit of a bungee rebounder, that it will feel like a spring rebounder. I weigh 110 to 115 pounds. Yours thoughts? TIA.
Old 03-28-11, 06:50 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Barb, I was reading the Jumpsport reviews on that Qibounding site and it stated that persons under 140 pounds will not get the full benefit of a bungee rebounder, that it will feel like a spring rebounder. I weigh 110 to 115 pounds. Yours thoughts? TIA.

My son's weight varies from 135 to 140 and he with his barefeet much prefers the Jumpsport to the UR and ReboundAIR for everything from healthbouncing to jogging and jumping jacks. Granted, I may get more range of motion from the mat than him but that increased range of motion is what may interfere with keeping in time with faster moving workouts done on spring models. Because of my lower ceiling in my basement workout area, I was forced to keep that range of motion to a minimum by staying on or closer to the mat. A Bellicon probably would have made me hit my head on the ceiling no matter how I would have adjusted my bounce! It is that bouncier and larger range of motion that would make some frustrated at trying to do a workout done at a faster pace. Yes, a Bellicon would give a larger range of vertical motion but that can have its liabilities as well and at doubled to tripled the price and a shorter cord life.

Barb S
who has moved the Jumpsport to our living room during the upgrading of our heating system and is leaving it there because it is alot more fun not worrying about the ceiling

Tags
jumpsport, reboundair, rebounder, trampoline, urban rebounder