Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-11, 09:53 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Just give them to me now, please!
ditto. This is the most anticipated set for me in a long long time. I will get it, hands down.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 10:00 PM  
Just_Jo

Yes, well, the four I had planned on picking up sight unseen were two with Amy and the two with Greg Sims. So really, yes, I'm disappointed because what Amy has described is not what I want.

I forgot to put this in my previous post, but--please forgive me, Tracie Long--I don't like G-Force with Tracie. I bought it new from Fitness Favorites and traded it away. I did pick it up on VHS cheaply months later and I still feel the same way. It's just not my cup of tea. If it were all cardio, I'd love it. I just felt it was choppy.

Now G-Force 2 with Carol Britton? **Love** that--love it to pieces. In fact, a more intense version of something like that is what I was hoping for. And that may be delivered. As I said, I'll wait and see, watch clips and read descriptions plus reviews first.

"I think it was Uchenna and Maria that commented these are the hardest workouts we have ever done on film. (the weights take it to another level) I have to agree. We aren't just on the rebounder we are jumping on and off of it. It's nothing like you have seen before." <--doesn't appeal to me at all right now. I am just coming back from an illness/surgery, so maybe it just feels a bit intimidating right at the moment. ?? Maybe in a few months when I'm back to full steam. Heck, they'll be released in what, a month and a half? Maybe I'll change my mind by then. Who knows.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 10:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

How interesting to read this, and how different we all are! G-Force with Tracie Long is my favorite rebounding dvd, while G-Force 2 with Carol Miller was really boring and not challenging enough to me. I actually gave that one away. I guess this is why fitness industry is thriving....because our tastes are so different.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 09:13 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Oh no.....Jumping on and off the rebounder? I will not be getting these if this is true. I am not buying anything anymore that has high impact in it. No way.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 09:36 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
What the heck?!?!?!? Doesn't that defeat the whole joint-saving aspect of the UR?
Was my first reaction, but I'm thinking maybe she means you do some moves on the rebounder, then get off ( 'jump off") to do some moves on the floor.
( For a former English major, Amy doesn't always write that clearly).

I was hoping for an all-rebounding workout, with the intensity from that, not more possibly high-impact floor cardio.

I wonder if ^ that's the 'interval' (actually, 'circuit') aspect Amy is talking about?

(And I assume it was P90X she was comparing it too, which is a strange comparison, IMO).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 10:40 AM  
Conni

Wow, after reading all this the workouts seem about as clear as mud...

Waiting to see before buying on these.
Old 02-18-11, 10:58 AM  
lorajc

maybe she just means jumping off to do a weight interval on the floor and then getting back on the UR for a cardio segment?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 11:00 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
maybe she just means jumping off to do a weight interval on the floor and then getting back on the UR for a cardio segment?
Should I ask her on facebook? I've bee going back & forth with her about release dates, etc.

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 11:30 AM  
lorajc

sure...she's a doll! I'm sure she'd answer. She always responds when I comment to her on FB.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 02:05 PM  
sma3584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
(And I assume it was P90X she was comparing it too, which is a strange comparison, IMO).
Yeah, I was confused when I saw her mention P90X. I can't tell if she meant the actual UR workouts would be similar to P90X or if she just meant it would be a complete, multi-workout rotation. Or, if she meant that the actual set and production values are reminiscent of P90X. I hope there are a few that are 100% rebounder workouts. I'm not interested in mixing weights or strength in with rebounding and I don't want to be doing some floor cardio, some rebounder cardio. At least I already have a lot of rebounding DVDs that stay on the rebounder the whole time.
sma3584 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme urban rebounding, shadowboxer, urban rebounder, urban rebounding, urban rebounding extreme, urx