Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-11, 02:40 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

yes, you can do exercise without it. Did you see my marina youtube video i posted for you?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 02:54 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
yes, you can do exercise without it. Did you see my marina youtube video i posted for you?
I did thanks so much!!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 04:41 PM  
Mary09(b)

I saw that some people said they use the UR bar as a barre. I thought that was clever!

I used the YogFlex for years, and it was dirt cheap. I think drugstore.com still sells it as 'yogaflex'. I think it's the same one that was sold as Body Burner for a while.
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 03:40 AM  
Saffie J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
When I first got my rebounder, I liked it so much I did it every day. Then, my feet and knees got a bit sore. It wasn't the equipment's fault, it was mine.

Rebounding is like any new activity. When first starting, it is usually best to do it in shorter times and with moderation. The rebounder is easier on the joints, but it still uses the muscle and joints in a new way. The body needs time to adapt to new movements.

So, my advice, is to do shorter, less intense sessions at first, and then work up to longer and more intense work
Thanks Alta-tude - such common sense, I should have thought of this instead of blaming my rebounder. I went straight into the 30-odd minute TA workout which is pretty intense (for me anyway). I will definitely be following your advice.
Saffie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 08:15 AM  
ellenalesa

LOVE my needak

I spent $300 on it several years ago and I still love it. I also had soreness in my calves, ankles and feet the first few times, I think your body just has to get used to it, so allow yourself a break-in period.

Might I also suggest an exercise bra? After researching here on VF I bought an enell. I"d give you a link but it was several years ago. I think I spent about $60 on it, but I consider it an investment. It is not flattering, but it does the job.

The rebounder allows me to modify the workout as I need to. I can bounce without my feet leaving the rebounder, I can bounce softly or I can really get crankin'!

I don't follow any particular workout. I just put on some good music and get going.
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 04:04 PM  
horsemom2

Kissed alot of frogs:
Started with a $20 Walmart rebounder which wasn't bad.
Then tried a much larger Body By Jake which was a great size but a jarring bounce
Then a ReboundAIR which has a too flexible mat and delayed bounce
Then a YogFlex which I really liked for its size and could make the bounce comfortable enough by mostly pulsing/healthbouncing.
Then a Body Burner which was smaller than the YogFlex and much stiffer.
Then a UR which was ok but noisey and I had to wear shoes on it or damage my feet even if just pulsing.

and finally found my Prince with a Jumpsport bungee

Barb S
who thinks even the cheapest of the Jumpsport bungees would be much much much better choice than any I have tried. Yeah may be smaller than some but definitely more comfortable and quieter.
(and if size really mattered would get that highest priced Bellicon bungee)
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 07:10 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have two Urban Rebounders (two locations) I never fold mine. They are a pain in the you know what to fold, so I just prop it up on it's side. My DH even made a comment about how hard they are to fold, and he is pretty fit and strong. I love using them, however!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 11:00 AM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I have one but haven't used it in ages, and am a little behind in video offerings. I think the last UR workouts I have are on VHS. Has anything new come out in the past few years? I'm a terrible when it comes to freeform workouts.

Donna H
DHKWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 04:25 PM  
sma3584

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Then a UR which was ok but noisey and I had to wear shoes on it
For those of you with rebounders, how much noise do they make? I live in the city so I live in an apartment with downstairs neighbors. Would they be able to hear when I'm on a rebounder? I am definitely purchasing a rebounder because I can always fold it up and use it outside of my apartment but it would be great if I could also use it in my apartment.
sma3584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 06:17 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

In my home it's fine. I can use it and the only thing you hear is me huffing. Lol. Just my 10 cents.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebounder, urban rebounder