Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-11, 04:47 PM  
Saffie J

Quote:
Originally Posted by sma3584 View Post
...I know I should probably go for one with a harder bounce due to the type of workouts I will do on it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
I have a Needak, and it's fine for slower jumping and for my kids to play on, but I'm finding it too bouncy for faster-paced jump workouts. I tried the TA trampoline workout that's on youtube, and I can't keep up the pace -- I think the rebounder is giving me too slow of a bounce. If I were ready to invest in a new one for workouts, I'd get a harder one.
These are interesting comments. I wasn't aware of the soft / hard bounce options when I recently bought mine (a Reebok commercial - I'm in Australia so have limited options, also it was a "have to have now" rush purchase). I do the TA trampoline w/o on it and the pace is fine - it does feel "hard" enough to do the moves, however I have been getting sore knees and ankles from using it and wondered if I would have been better with a softer option, but perhaps not. Your comments may have saved me money on a 2nd rebounder - thanks
Saffie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 04:54 PM  
PLS

I have 2 UR's and they both get used daily. The kids workout with me so we now have 2. I do use the workouts that came with it, but I am waiting for the NEW UR workouts that should be coming out this spring. My newest was only $40 at a salvage store, they had a whole stack before Christmas so I got a new UR and the kids use my old one. It is 4 years old now and other than replacing the rubber feet routinely It is holding up nicely.

I definitely would recommend trying out the Gold's gym rebounder. If it got good reviews and $$$ is tight right now, go that route. If you hate rebounding and find it isn't for you, you are not out a Big investment. If you find yourself using the rebounder often and enjoy it, then in 6 months or a year you could invest in an UR or any of the higher end models. This way you can be sure you will stick with this form of exercise and you can possibly get a discounted price on what you want.

Penny
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 05:16 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnRN View Post
I especially love the handle bar (the main reason I ended up buying it, I feel more secure). I even use it for barre workouts!
LOL, I thought I was the only one who did this!! I put the handle in the lowest position and it works great for barre workouts!

Can't wait for Amy's, etc. rebounding workouts to come out!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 05:40 PM  
horsemom2

The UR started up alot of foot trouble when I tried to bounce barefooted on it. No offense but I would prefer not getting sore joints, just to keep in time with a workout. Actually, I had no trouble keeping in time with TA on the Jumpsport bungee on its softest cord settings (the way it arrived) by staying closer to the mat.

Barb S
who kissed alot of frogs before finding my Prince of a rebounder (of course, never tried the large Bellicon bungee King)
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-11, 10:57 PM  
CarlaVeg

I just asked about rebounders this morning and I totally missed this thread!

So has anyone done the Tracy Anderson rebounder workout on you tube ON the Urban Rebounder? Does it work?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 12:44 AM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
VFers are just the worst enablers. I clicked on this thread to see if anybody had information on the new UR DVDs. I'm happy with my UR. However, the mat is ripping and I was going to replace it. Now, I'm wondering if I should get this bungee rebounder instead of replacing my mat.
Helen, you can come test mine if you want. Good chance to compare. I'm not to far from you.

I spent weeks and weeks researching rebounders. I was at the point where the Bellicon was all I wanted and could not afford. Bungee would not leave my mind.

Enter the Jumpsport:

hallelujah for a cheaper bungee rebounder!

I highly recommend the Jumpsport. It works well with the TA youtube workout and her book bootcamp workouts. It also works well with Tonique type jumping. You can adjust it to your weight and bounce preference. It's easy on the feet and joints. Meaning the jumping surface is balanced. I got the most expensive model, but my daughter got the cheapest bungee model and hers is also adjustable and she loves it.

http://www.fitnesstrampoline.com/products/

code: (50 % off code, that works sometimes, sometimes not, be patient):jumpfit50
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 05:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Speaking of UR, I thought 13 new workouts were coming out some time in early 2011. Does anyone have any update on these?
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 09:48 AM  
sma3584

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
I highly recommend the Jumpsport. It works well with the TA youtube workout and her book bootcamp workouts.
Would you say that you can adjust the Jumpsport's bounce to make it as hard as the Urban Rebounder? I will be using the Tracy Anderson rebounder workout and rebounding DVDs from Brazil that are fast-paced. I think for these faster workouts, a harder bounce would be better.
sma3584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 10:05 AM  
flamingoo

So I ended up buying Gold's Gym trampoline at Walmart this weekend because I just couldn't spend the money on a UR. However, it's been a week and I haven't been able to try it yet. Hopefully today or tonight- I'll let you know how it is.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 10:07 AM  
sunnyside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sma3584 View Post
Would you say that you can adjust the Jumpsport's bounce to make it as hard as the Urban Rebounder? I will be using the Tracy Anderson rebounder workout and rebounding DVDs from Brazil that are fast-paced. I think for these faster workouts, a harder bounce would be better.
I can't say, as I've never jumped on the UR. Maybe someone else can give you a comparison. I can do one more adjustment on my Jumpsport to make it firmer. Right now, it's about right (for me) for the TA rebounder workout.
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jumpsport, rebounder, urban rebounder