Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-11, 06:00 AM  
flamingoo

Urban Rebounder

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the urban rebounder as seen on HSN. It comes with resistant bands I believe. If so, what do you think about the package. It looks like it comes with a lot of stuff.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 06:06 AM  
BurnRN

I bought one last year from them and I love it. I especially love the handle bar (the main reason I ended up buying it, I feel more secure). I even use it for barre workouts! I only tried a couple of the dvd workouts and really never got into them. I tend to use the rebounder for really high impact moves, with Wii's Walk it out, or barre. I remember feeling awkward using the bands but they seemed to be nice quality. I'm happy I bought it.
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 07:00 AM  
DachsieDogMom

I bought one about 5 yrs ago. It did not come with bands. I'm happy with it.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 07:08 AM  
adrien_73

I used to have an UR, now I have a JumpSport. I like the JumpSport MUCH better than the UR! (Though I did love the UR when I had it.)

The JumpSport uses bungees instead of springs so it is much quieter and has a softer bounce. I would highly recommend it over the UR. It is more expensive, depending on which model you get, but there was a discount code floating around these forums that you might be able to find and use.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 10:57 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I've had an UR for years, and even bought some on sale for friends, because it's so great to work out on.
That said, I did end up with a bungee rebounder, that is much quieter (silent), and has a softer bounce that I love -- but the price is WAY more than a UR.

The UR is better for faster workouts, and is a great rebounder for the price. If I hadn't had the extra money at the time for another rebounder, I'd have stayed with the UR.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 02:12 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

VFers are just the worst enablers. I clicked on this thread to see if anybody had information on the new UR DVDs. I'm happy with my UR. However, the mat is ripping and I was going to replace it. Now, I'm wondering if I should get this bungee rebounder instead of replacing my mat.
Old 02-11-11, 03:07 PM  
flamingoo

Thanks for the input. I keep going back and forth and I'm killing myself with all the reviews on different rebounders/different websites. I really want the rebounder on HSN, but I'm so really broke right now. I need to do something for myself ( been going through a lot and need to start working out again) I've also been having feet problems so I wanted to try something different. I just can't do the same cardio I did ten years ago. Anyways, I saw a rebounder at Walmart for 30.00. I think it was Gold's Gym and it got really good reviews! I was surpised. So talk me out of spending $120.00 for right now For those of you who own the rebounder do you use the dvds that came with it?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 04:00 PM  
sma3584

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Thanks for the input. I keep going back and forth and I'm killing myself with all the reviews on different rebounders/different websites.
Me too! I am also looking to purchase a rebounder but I'm not sure which one to choose. I know I should probably go for one with a harder bounce due to the type of workouts I will do on it. Just not sure if there's a huge difference between the cheap ones and a mid-range one like the Urban Rebounder. I would love to find a good deal on an Urban Rebounder and have been checking ebay, craigslist, etc. but haven't had any luck yet
sma3584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 04:08 PM  
shortie

I have a Needak, and it's fine for slower jumping and for my kids to play on, but I'm finding it too bouncy for faster-paced jump workouts. I tried the TA trampoline workout that's on youtube, and I can't keep up the pace -- I think the rebounder is giving me too slow of a bounce. If I were ready to invest in a new one for workouts, I'd get a harder one.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 04:11 PM  
Mary09(b)

The Jumpsport is adjustable, for what it's worth.
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jumpsport, rebounder, urban rebounder