Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-10, 10:49 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

so do you like your cellesisor? or you'd still want the bellicon is it? Guy on the phone a long while back almost had me.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 01:21 PM  
horsemom2

new episode

http://rebounding.tv/abc-of-reboundi...raband-part-1/
part 1 shows how to use band for stability
part 2 shows some upper body stuff and different ways to use the band
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 10:09 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Like I have said, the most expensive rebounder I have tried is the ReboundAIR. If I were to order a new one and price didn't matter, it would be the Bungee Bellicon which is truly the top of the line.
My main problem would then be which tension to order cuz my weight is close to the cutoff and don't know if I would want the springier for lighter weight or stiffer for heavier weight. Springier is more like workingout in sand so more intense and stiffer less intense. Am guessing the stiffer cords for heavier weights may last longer. Be aware that the cords do wear out and have to be replaced for another $100 a pop. If you use a VFer who has one as a referral, she will get her next set of cords free.
Reviving this thread because, after looking at various options for my soon-to-be exercise space/office, I decided a rebounder would be the smartest choice... As I was looking for one to buy in europe, I came across Bellicon.

Bellicon, and their myriad of choices and options (not to mention sticker shock!)... Help!!!

When you say you'd go for the Bungee, do you mean the Medi-Swing (I hate the colour options!)? If not, which one -- classic or premium? Also, my weight is close to the cut-off but I am starting to lose and definitely plan on remaining under it and I really would rather have the workout be more intense (but don't want to damage the rebounder if I'm over for the first month or so)... And, lastly, diameter size... Not sure if I can go bigger than the smallest but if I could, the options are 100cm, 112cm, and 125cm. Is bigger really better???

Sorry to ask so many questions but I am truly clueless (but excited!) and I want to get something I will love and enjoy and use daily.

TIA,
cam
(who really needs something like this -- more than, sigh, a ballet barre... damned age!)
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 11:54 AM  
horsemom2

Cannot help you because I do not know anyone who has the medi-swing Bellicon though I do not care for how it looks personally, finding its fringes a distraction since I remove all of my rebounder skirts and watch myself in a mirror when rebounding, especially my feet for balance and staying centered. Think I would feel way too unstable if the mat also swung!

As far as weights when borderline, I would go with the heavier one because it can be used by lighter people whereas I do not think a lighter weighted one should be used by heavier people. The lighter resistance cords may especially wear out prematurely. For balancing, a higher resistance cord would feel more stable to me too. For example, I prefer the flat less flexible mat of the UR to the ReboundAIR's. Think foot pronation can happen more when the mat and cords are more flexible. Prefer to bounce up and down than feel like I am walking in deep sand but you may want the sinking in sand feeling which will work your lower body differently.

Also for me personally, SIZE matters. The larger the diameter the more variety of moves can be done on it without as much modifying. Once that much is being spent, I cannot see the point of not spending alittle more for size.

Too bad these choices cannot be physically tried before buying because it is definitely a very subjective combination of choices that could greatly vary from person to person and how each person prefers to move.
Maybe qibounding.com can answer your questions.

Barb S
Old 03-22-10, 12:46 PM  
in paris

Thanks, Barb!

I did some research and the "bungee" one is the standard Bellicon... It also seems you can swap the cords out fairly easy so I can get both (I'd love to get my BF hooked on anything resembling exercise and this may be the ticket). For me, I like the idea of having a stiffer surface for running and and a softer one for slower, more intense work.

Size is a bit more of an issue... I realise bigger is better, but I'm a bit nervous about it for the height -- the room has an old slanting attic roof (built in 1299) so I'll have to measure it more carefully when I go up there again (it's in another country)... I saw that the screwed-in legs were deemed better, but I still think I'd love folding ones so I can take it outside to the terrace -- or, initially, possible use it as my sofa seat until we get that sorted Is there really that much of a difference (we have very narrow stairs)?

The one thing I can't find anywhere is how much these suckers weigh... If it weighs a ton, it ain't getting moved!

cam
who's already going back and forth on what colour to order, leaning towards black/orange and guessing the black cords for my BF and the orange for me (even though i like black better -- but figure the orange will be easier to see)
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 01:05 PM  
horsemom2

cam,

you questions can be answered at
http://qibounding.com/rebounding_home.html

I do not own a Bellicon

Barb S

Tags
rebounder, rebounding, urban rebounder, yogflex