Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-20, 03:36 PM  
Bebop

Cathe workouts through the years - your fav and why

Hi all.

Being a "vintage VFer", I have collected a large collection. At this point, I am very selective what I buy and have been decluttering many workouts no longer used.

Just when I think Cathe has reached her peak, she surprises me. I didn't love ICE - traded some and only kept three. Didn't want Step Boss - too high impact. I purchased LITE with a gift certificate and LOVE it. Now I'm totally back to my Cathe obsession.LOL I have most of her series -

So, for those of us who have started with Cathe and continue to stay with her - what is your opinion of her top three series - I say top three -because each series is good in it's own right. Criteria for choosing is series you have used consistently through the years, have grown with you, are modifiable and just plain fun.

Mine our - Body Blast Series, Intensity Series, and now the LITE Series. I have to give the CTX series a runners up -

Caveat - I love some of the classics - but that was before she started with series.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 04:47 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Mine are ICE, LITE and the kickboxing, boxing and MMA workouts (can't remember what series). A few years ago Intensity would have been included in my list but I can't do step any longer. However the Pyramids and Muscle Endurance from that series are still favorites.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 03:59 PM  
Bebop

I love the MMA series. I don't have the fusion - too many moves that I just can't do.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 04:41 PM  
owltx

Interesting question! Top three series, hmmm . . .

1)XTrain
My #1 would have to be Xtrain. I think she just knocked it out of the park with this one. Two sets of fantastic splits, love Legs, All Out Cardio is the bomb for low impact HIIT. I feel like it is good music, really hits all angles and workout types, and love the 100 rep challenges. There is always something in here for me.
2) ICE
For sheer variety in terms of usefulness, this is a great set. Very easy to make more or less challenging in a variety of different ways. I like the times on most of these. The only thing on this series is the music is not the best for me.
3) STS
Phenomenal series, great for building strength. It is different though, because it is all weight lifting and doesn't include any of her cardio, metabolic, etc, which I love. This is just a unique set.
Old 06-15-20, 05:24 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I loved Body Blast, Intensity, and 4DS back in the day, but these days I'm having a love fest with ICE, LITE, and Strong & Sweaty.
Old 06-15-20, 06:04 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

My favorites are:

1) Strong and Sweaty - Loved PHA, Total Body Giant Sets, and Ramped Up Upperbody right off the bat. Cardio Slam grew on me the more I did it. Now it’s one of my favorite Cathe cardio workouts.

2) LITE - Love Cardio Party, PHA 2, Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower and Upper. The Lowerbody workout is the perfect pace to go heavier and I like to do the premix which has two rounds of all (10) exercises.

3) STS - This is a great all around weight program! I did a few rounds when it was released and had some strength gains. I like that it’s only (3) days per week so it’s easy to fit in your favorite cardio.

I do a lot of Cathe Live workouts now but I’m so happy to have her dvd sets as back up for when my WiFi is buffering too much or not connecting at all!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 09:27 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm not a Cathe-ite. I've tried a lot of her workouts, even used some of them for a while, and then moved on. Her workouts tend to be harder than I work out and they are hard on my joints. I respect her for what she's done, but her workouts aren't for me.

That being said, the one workout of hers that I have kept is Travel Fit, a workout I love . It's a band workout (and I love band workouts). It's easy to modify when I need to. It just flows for me. It's one I'll never part with.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 09:52 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have done Cathe workouts since Step "n" Motion 1 (which I still own), but today her cardio is too bouncy for me.

I still do her weight workouts with a lot less weight than I see on screen. My current favorite is the two Lift it Hit it upper body workouts. For the lower body I use the one from 4 Day Split because it's basic no frills weight lifting.
Old 06-16-20, 10:22 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
That being said, the one workout of hers that I have kept is Travel Fit, a workout I love . It's a band workout (and I love band workouts). It's easy to modify when I need to. It just flows for me. It's one I'll never part with.
Laura, I am a big fan of band workouts too; Travel Fit is a really good one. Not to hijack the thread, but have you tried Jessica Smith's Walk On 6 Mile Mix? IMHO, it is a fantastic band workout. So good!
Old 06-16-20, 04:50 PM  
acey

Cathe was the second instructor I discovered after starting my vidiocy with Taebo. I did Cross-Train Express - first time ever doing weights - and was amazed at how fit I got (before plateauing). So that series is forever one that I prize. I still do the workouts occasionally.

Also still love Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks (?)...with the two cute dudes.

My most recent Cathe favorite is Rockout Knockout. I just love the soundtrack - makes me totally nostalgic for the '80s!

Tags
cathe series, favorite cathes